Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Liz, how do you mean "special"? ;)

Well thanks, I am trying to finish writing my life story [book]
but it is getting harder each day trying to remember what I have
done over the last 42 working years. and then typing it on the PC.
Does anyone have the same problem that I have? I can not remember
how to spell simple words....
ray

Hi Ray! It's not you. I can't remember what I had for dinner the night before.
How is everyone today? It's a humid and rainy Florida day here.
Don't forget we talk about dog pee too. Felicity let me clean up her puddle this morning. Thank god for tile!

It's called Brain Fog and it comes and goes for me. Very frustrating. I think we have too much weighing on our minds. Makes us a bit forgetful.

Your right Marta, that's it. We are overloaded mentally.

Maybe so, but at least when my roommate came downstairs the other day and said "guess where I found my sunglasses that I couldn't find?"
I said "in the fridge?"
She said "Yes, how did you know?"
IDK, but thought that if I had them on top of my head and leaned over into the fridge, I would put them down for a moment and then forget. At least they were cooled off on a hot summer day!

But I've actually never done that, because I'm blind as a bat without my glasses! :)

Hi everyone, finally feeling better. After three months and four masks I am actually able to use my bipap. I took my machine to my appointment at the ALS clinic and lo and behold a respiratory therapist that actually knew what they were doing fixed it. The machine was set all wrong and was forcing me to breathe. Not at all what the doctor ordered. I kept telling them that it was doing that but it took the fourth RT to figure it out. Plus the mask was ginormous. I have a tiny face and I guess extra small masks are hard to come by. I have been able to get about five hours use at a time and am feeling much stronger. I have a bit of an appetite now also. I think carbon dioxide poisoning is terrible. I was so sick. Feeling very blessed today. The ALS association showed up this morning with a brand new loaner scooter and a transport wheelchair. The scooter was donated last week by a lady that bought it and upon delivery realized she couldn't use it. She decided to give it to the ALS association rather than try to return it. Wow such a generous person. Now we have to come up with enough money for a ramp so we can haul it with us. I am sure God will provide. I hope everyone has a blessed day. I just wanted to share my good news. Blessings, Linda

So glad you got that straightened out Linda:) Ray of course you are welcome here, everybody is!

Good morning all. A big welcome to our new old fart, to join all us glamorous old farts!

Linda. Thank you for making my day shine. I just love it, when I come on here and someone has some good news. I am just so very pleased that someone has been able to help with your bipap. I shall keep my sunny avatar for another day. I do wish our sun will peek out from the cold fog.

I have a heap of stale bread, so I shall find some happy ducks and pukekos to feed later if it warms up.

Sam and I are a bit lonely. We eat dinner early at about 5 pm, because I get hungry and don't want to pick, then it's dark at 5.30. By 6.30 it seems so late and we just sit and watch tv till it seems like a good time to go to bed. Roll on spring and summer :). I dont really miss Hubby, but am missing Anna and Jonny. I will see them in 2 weeks when Anna returns from Medschool in Auckland.

My plans to come to USA have stalled. I may have to abandon the plans. It's just such a big country that I get too confused. You drive on the wrong side of the road, so driving is out. I can't use the computer, but will dabble a bit more on my iPad.

Love to you all, and I am jealous that you have sunshine and warmth.

Aly

Aly, when you have stale homemade bread, you make croutons!

Let me know where you want to go, and we'll map out a route for you... and I bet that you won't have any problem with our roads, and you won't need a car in Boston, I'll pick you up at the airport.

Is Sam in school right now? Just wondering as our kids have the summer off, I just assumed that he would be in school. Our kids are buried in homework every night, really stinks. Only 3 weeks left of vacation... :(

Anybody heard from Kim, or Peg?

Marta- you know... S P E C I A L. LOL! You know i love you!
Aly- Im pretty sure its you guys that drive on the wrong side of the road. You wont come at all? What about in the near future for a really big fun event? Could I coax you then?

OK. I need to ***** a little here. You ladies will understand. Why is it that when you go to clean the bathroom- every single hair that everyone has lost since the last time you cleaned- is stuck to the dang ol toilet? And why dont I see them until I am trying to scrub the toilet? And how in the frickin heck am I supposed to get my dang ol bathroom clean with all those frickin hairs stuck to everything?
OH MY GOSH. Someone HAS to have a trick to this problem.... ok. im done. i will settle down now. sorry for the shouting... phewwww.

It's a hair conspiracy Liz, they're out to get you :)

I knew it. those bastards! seriously though- someone has got to have a trick to this? let me guess... clean more often?

Shave it off Liz.

Never got round to feeding ducks or making croutons Helen, did buy my outfit for the wedding. Veeeery exciting.

I don't know where to go. If I start in Boston, who else wants me to visit? I am not a serial killer, but a bit weird at times lol.

I told Hubby I hadn't made it back from my walk yesterday, now he's all worried, so maybe I can milk it and he can come too. :)

Oh and my daughter in england had another seizure yesterday and ended up in the hospital again. She was released after 2 hours, once she remembered we here she lived. Bet her Hubby was worried.
I hate that I passed this down to her, and my mum is really upset that she passed it to both of us and so it goes on !
Can't show you any photos from my holiday with the main computer kaput. This iPad doesn't do stuff like that without the main one. Will have to model my dress of many colours as well. You will see me coming that's for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back