Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pip is really cute. I love birds. We have a cheeky little native bird here called a fantail. They seem to be very prolific at the moment. When I go to feed Silver, they are flitting all over the place. They love to tease cats......mostly they get away with it, sometimes the cat wins.

I just can't seem to warm this house up. The underfloor heating programming is very complicated, heck this house is so automated it doesn't need a human living in it. I think if anything happened to Hubby, I would have to move to a simpler house. The computer has now completely died. Won't even turn on. Luckily the Internet is still working, and I have my iPad.

Have a nice day everybody.

I love my husband to pieces but he sure drives me nuts sometimes. He put some hand rails going downstairs on both sides so it would be easier for me to get down there safely which it is and I really appreciate his doing that. My issue is that one side is much longer than the opposing side and the supports are in different places (not right across from each other) and the imbalance is bugging the heck out of me! Like one side is longer than the other at the top and at the bottom. I guess I'll have to just say it as sweetly as I can as hints aren't working. Fooie. Do you think I'm being too anal? :-o

Marta, any chance you'll want a chair glide on that staircase one day? Whichever side it's attached will lose its handrail. A chairglide is wonderful as an intermediate problem solution.

No Ann, the stairs are in two parts coming from the ground floor. There are 6 steps, a landing, then 6 more steps. I just asked him and he can make them even at the top but not at the bottom. He said he'd show me what he's talking about. I think if it can be done without too much hassle he would. I guess I can live with the bottom not being even. I guess. ;)

No Marta, your not being anal. We see things differently than men. Luckily my house is 1 floor. My bathrooms are small though, that might be a problem in the future.

I looked at it and there's nothing to which to anchor the support. So, it's a small thing. At least the top part will be balanced. ;)

Thanks for your validation Susan! Yeah, we're going to have to make a few changes here too. Not sure which bathroom will be modified yet. It should be interesting!

Ann, when the time comes I won't be down there very much as we have a ranch with a garden level basement. The laundry is down there and a guest room, bathroom and living area where we watch movies. I'll give up doing laundry and Brad can carry me down for movies! :D

Yay! Brad figured out how he can make them even at both ends! My hero! And I didn't nag one bit. :)

Ann ive got the billions of messages too. hope its not a virus or something

Billions and billions served... are we Mickey D's?
:)

Mine are still "normal". Am I special? ;)

yes Marta, you are special...LOL

Morning Ya'll
Is this "COME TO TEA" for Ladies Only
or Can is Old Farts join in?

Ray

You are certainly welcome Ray! We do have several guys but mostly it's us women. We seem to be a little more chatty then the guys but they do chime in pretty regularly. At least Jim and Kim do. The other guys just every once in awhile. Welcome! Liz says "Never trust a fart". Can we trust that you'll not be offended by talk of pet puke and poo and things like that? :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back