Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all. Think about this. Movies are great, what a great gift we have been given. Now, here
is a thought.

Don't you find it odd that we pay people more money to play a doctor, than to be a doctor.

Also, Love means nothing to a tennis player. What's up with that. Good day all!

Jim

The fact that actors earn so much money is just insane, the fact that they are hero worshipped even more insane! They used to be the lowest paid people in English courts and should still be paid an ordinary working wage. We should all boycott movies for a year or two........but I do love a good movie, just hate the money thing.

Super 8 was really good, I saw it with Sam a month ago. Very well done indeed.

Just got back from watching Anna play soccer, now I am wet throughout to the bone and need defrosting brr. I just looked out at my garden furniture which is under a portico, there were my 2 dogs and cat curled up trying to keep warm. I am glad I covered them with old sheets after I cleaned them. I took a picture and later will show you. They are cute.

Well I am going to do some cleaning. Anna heads back to Medschool for a couple of weeks. She's been away at a small rural hospital for a month and had amazing one on one teaching with the consultant there. He said she was the most promising student he had ever taught...proud mum here smiling :). One of the English exchange students was driving round in one of the locum doctors car, while she was there. Anna thought it weird, till she found out that they were sleeping together, gosh shades of grays anatomy. Teacher and student......just no on.

Well enough gossip. Going to make some bread and have a cup of fresh coffee. Put tv on and laze away the rest of Sunday afternoon.

Aly

Ann, How about "African Queen"? Bogie and Hepburn.
Aly, Winter by you, blazing hot and humid in Florida.
Where is Joyce?
Night- night all!

Avril what is Super eight? don't think I have heard of that one. Oh yea I feel about crazy as H^%$@ll right now. What was I thinking keeping all them kids by myself today:roll: Ann those oldies you can't beat! Reminds me of that song...Helen I love your Woody haha!hey Marta farta...lol just kidding Love you !

Joni, My grandma would keep us at her house in the summer. She would turn on the sprinkler for us and we thought we were in heaven. At night we'd go for Italian Ices. Those were the best memories! Your grandkids will have them too :)

Susan we had about ten blankets, and pillows making little houses for them, you should have seen my living room.It was thundering, so finally after all the tattling, fighting, I let them get in the pool once it quit. I am tired, but everyone is in the bed but me :grin: Think I will sleep in tomorrow, Yay!

Joni, you have no idea how many times in my life I've heard that. Even now days I hear it every now and then but lemme tell you, I've been called much worse! :D Love you too!

Hey all! Just checking in and wow! You all have chatted so much I was over 5 pages behind! I have been really tied up with training and actual work for the new business, that my brain feels bogged down with too much information! Working long hours and hopefully it will pay off soon. We had to purchase new 'smart phones' for our business. This is just what I need...now my phone is proving me to be stupid! I finally gave up trying to figure out how to program all the features we want into it and told my programmer hubby that after he finishes with his, he can program mine too!

Ok I hope you all have a good night/day and may you have a wonderful Sunday!

Hi Joyce! I missed the part about your new business. What is it? How exciting! You sound good.

There you are Joyce! Let us know about your new business :)
On a serious note, I visited my 3 year old great nephew in the Children's Cancer Center. If we think as pals have it bad, go take a look down one hallway there. It is heartbreaking beyond belief. My sweet boy is so sick, can't walk or eat because of the treatment for the chromosome problem. They are using a different kind of chemo for that. He couldn't lift his head off the pillow, but he took his stuffed bears arm and waved hello to us. That put everything into perspective for me. He was still his sweet pony boy self. I rubbed his little legs until he fell asleep.
Nina had never seen kids so sick. It was a lesson in humility for her.
We have to count our blessings, hug our kids and grandkids and thank God for our family.
Take care everyone,
Susan

Yes, we are blessed Susan. There are much worse things then ALS and we can see it if we can look outside ourselves. I'm sending good thoughts and prayers to your little guy. God's strength to him and us.

Thanks Marta :), It was a HUGE eye opener for us.

Here's a pic of our little rescue sparrow (I call him/her "Pip" short for Pipsqueak, my daughter named him something else that I can never remember!) with my daughter about a week or so ago. Little Pip is full of energy, and I try to let him out of the cage every afternoon on our screen porch so it can get some flying practice in. She (he?) always comes down when hungry, so as long as I'm still hand feeding it, we're safe. I certainly can't catch it to get it back into the cage otherwise.

Isn't it a cute little thing? Linnea doesn't want to let it go – we can't let it go yet or around here as her cat has killed multiple birds. I'm thinking of releasing it at my Mom's house as she has a little pond next to her duplex, and feeds the birds right by her kitchen window. Not ready yet, little Pip still has to feed itself, and grow some more feathers in.

Attachments

• Linnea w-Pip-2.jpg
    Linnea w-Pip-2.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 122
They are both gorgeous Helen!

Both are cute! We have the same sparrows around here. Is Linnea the bird whisperer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back