State: ON
Interest: My wife lost her battle with ALS in 2001
TBear is an unknown quantity at this point
City: Uxpatch
State: ON
Interest: My wife lost her battle with ALS in 2001
TBear is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Downtown
I have read with enjoyment your postings since I joined this forum. I haven't participated in many of the discussions since others, more sensitive than I are able to say the kind words that soothe. (I'm still not in touch with the right side of my brain.)
I lost my wife two years ago to ALS... she slipped away one night when we weren't looking! Like you, she was at peace with herself... but still dug in wringing the last of life out of her body. I am truly amazed at the human spirit... and you only seem to strengthen my beliefs. Hang in there. Nothing is more enjoyable than your dissertations.
I am Italian as well... and a Leaf fan! I sit here with my plate of pasta and a fine chianti (my wife's favorite chanti) and reminisce about the last cup win (I was 16) My dad (also a Leaf's fan) told me that there were two kinds of people in this world... Italians and those who wish they were... you make me proud!
I hope that you can see your way clear to staying with us, but if you decide it's time to check out... perhaps you might help out the blue and white from the other side!