Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weird but understandable. I had a dream last night that all this ALS nonesense was just a bad dream. I could walk without any difficulty. I liked it! Maybe I can learn to live in the dream world! ;) I had one like this a few weeks ago too. Must try to do this every night!

If they name them, they keep them! :)

Seriously, a few phone calls may find you a vet or group that would be willing to help rehome and/or help them get neutered. Check Craigslist to see if there's a local rescue group? Give away the kittens, and neuter the adults. If you don't, pretty soon you'll have about 300 cats and they'll be inbred as well, causing more problems.

Hi everyone! I hope today finds you all well :)
Jim, like Helen said, call a rescue group. Groups around here offer low cost spaying or neutering for strays. You'll end up with tons of cats soon if you don't.
An ALSA rep came to visit me today. What a sweet, helpful person. Great organization. I wouldn't mind volunteering for them.
Marta, I have those dreams too. I only wish!
Aly, set her straight. Obviously she doesn't appreciate a nice place to stay.
Have a good day all! Nina is on her way to Busch Gardens for a day of fun.

Marta, I LOVE tweetie bird! Almost got it as the pattern on my orthotic brace... decided for the solar system instead.

Sent my boys downtown for a pizza for lunch, tried to get them outside to do a bit of weeding, you should have heard the complaints... wow. Anyway, they'll be working on that again later on, when it cools down a bit. My yard needs weeding/mowing, and my boys need exercise.

Hubby unexpectedly lost his job yesterday, and is now in the hospital talking to someone about it. We're separated, but he moved back last year to "help" me, though it's mostly the other way around. And today is our 21st wedding anniversary, should have been about 15 at the most! It's been utter chaos over here, between the roommates, a close friend, and lies... lies, sex and drinking! Sort of like Helen's Peyton Place around here. Too bad we didn't reality tv cameras here, it would be a top ten! :(

Gotta go feed the little baby bird, Pip is squawking for food again. My parakeet just doesn't know what to make of him (her?)

Cat silence, baby birds, separated husbands, wow. We are all so very normal:lol:

Had the talk with student, she cried, I cried. We made peace , she left and hopefully all is well. Now I am wracked with guilt. It was not a very Christian thing to as her to leave because she didn't live up to my expectations. I should have just prayed to calm my nerves and my anger. In the end I put my own feeling first. I just never get anything right.I need a piece of Ann. Well I certainly need a piece of Jesus. What would he have done? Maybe he would get angry too, like he did in the temple. Oh I just don't know. Sob

We have amazingly strict swimming pool fencing laws here, to avoid drowning. Strictest in the world. You cant walk out of your house into the swimming pool are. It has to be separately fenced, with self closing gates. You are now not allowed to design any sort of area within the fenced pool enclosure, that you entertain from, eg a BBQ area. That way parents will not be distracted. Can't have climatic trees close to the fencing, on either side. And the list goes on. It has made a pool very expensive to build, but the drowning rates in swimming pools are extremely low now.

Well, it's Friday. The week went by very quickly. I don't feel at all lonely on my own, which is another thing making me feel guilty. I could do this solo mother thing. Well I suppose I would need to be earning to do it!

Started looking at flights to USA. Tried to see how to get to various places, but didn't know where to start. I could fly to Boston, see Helen but what suggestions from there? Come on ladies/gentlemen I need some help here. :)

I really miss Kimberley. It's so nice to have Avril back.

Aly, don't be hard on yourself. Every house has rules and boundries. There is nothing wrong with expecting them to be followed. We expect that with our children, right? If she was thoughtful and considerate you wouldn't be talking to her.
Florida leads the country with drowning deaths. On Monday a 1 year old fell in to a bucket with 5 inches of water and died. Such tragedy. Almost every house has a pool. Except me, we have a community pool.
When Nina was young I watched her like a hawk.
Later, all!

Aly, I just pm'd you about a JetBlue program... check it out!

Helen

Aly, golly, you don't have any reason to feel badly over your kicking her out. I don't claim it's what Jesus would have done, but when I read of her antics, and your comment about the trash, my thought was... I'd pack her wet sheets and all her clothes and put every bit of it in trash bags and invite her to pick them up on the way out. We (my generation) did no favors to these kids who feel entitled to be given everything in return for not even respect. I will also say that I'm hearing a barrage of similar (in theme) stories from Phil...who is trying to put together a paper out of heaps of poorly done graphs and badly written (in vernacular! not professional) English. And the information on the graphs was also done by him for them, since they didn't understand how. Every time he thinks about leaving some close friends to retire, he tells me a new story about the new(er) folks, and agrees with his decision all over again. So think of what you did as a favor for those who will need to depend on her one day.

Helen, I am so sorry about the state of your union. I can't exactly wish you a happy anniversary under those circumstances. I pray your kids--who do sound like normal but GOOD kids--grow up to follow your standards rather than his. I hope you can find someone who is genuinely caring to be there for you, since I love you and feel sure there are people in your life who will be honored to help you.

Hi Ann, thanks so much... been a tough couple of weeks for a variety of reasons, and I'm surrounded by a tornado of emotions in this house! And it's not me causing this... I'm glad my cousin who does reikii is coming over next week, I need to get all this bad energy outta here.

Enough of this nonsense I say! I love you too, wish you and I could get together for a giant yummy cocktail, some good appetizers, and watch the ocean endlessly... or something like that anyway.

I do have a great family, and great friends, both here and in my "real" life.

Haha couldn't let you and Aly have an avatar, and not me..

Helen, I'll join you with your cocktail and how about some shrimp appetizers?
Thank God for family. I say Family is like chocolate, mostly sweet with some nuts thrown in.

I just love your tinker bell, join. But tinker bell was a bad tempered so and so, nothing like you!

I am having a lovely day at home. I got a lovely book on dough while in London.I have both wholemeal and white bread on the go. Can't wait till it's finished as my tum is rumbling. I an also busy making Annas wedding invitations. I am making fancy envelopes out of card. I have 64 to do. Only done 18 so far.......going to be a long but enjoyable day. It's my mums 79 birthday, she invited me to go out for lunch with her and dad, but I just needed a day alone after yesterday's drama.

Hope y'all are having a restful day.

Helen, I'm sending peaceful thoughts your way Dear. xoxoxoxoxo!

Good for you Aly!

I'm signing off for the day so hang in there everybody! See you tomorrrow!

My nickname from my dad growing up was Tinker... not for Tinkerbell, but short for "Stinker"... lucky me! Of course my brother Hoot-Hoot and Molasses didn't have it much better now that I think about it. My youngest brother was Putt-Putt, and I can't remember what my other brother's nickname was. Wow, haven't thought about those nicknames for a few decades or more!

Susan, I think a nice Cosmos with some shrimp cocktail would be lovely! I'll save the tea for the morning. Are you going to drive? 'Cause I'm a lightweight these days for drinking almost straight vodka would surely make me keel over... but with my handicap placard I have a good excuse as I mumble to the officer! :)

If Aly does come over, is anyone interested in trying to find a spot for a weekend that we could all meet at? How 'bout we crash at Ann's house with her Phil, as she wouldn't be able to travel to see us! I'm kidding of course, but maybe we could congregate somewhere near the ocean for dear Liz, somewhere near Kim/Ann. Or heck you can all come over my house!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back