Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
And I love your avatar too! Seems familiar. Is he from Fairly Odd Parents?

Yes! In fact I complimented the one taking pictures on her camera, some kind of beastly, 35mm digital with a monster lens. Her husband is the fiance's uncle and he is some kind of one-act singer! I've seen him perform at a local venue and spent some time conversing with him last night. It shouldn't be difficult for me to get some of the photos. The lady (Judy the photographer) was really taken back by my 2 year old grandson. I'll bet she took about 10 pictures of him alone.

I'll see what I can do but it's going to be tough getting my mind off that brisket!

Oh, the new avatar (Gumby took the train out of town...)! I googled "Poindexter" and then selected "images" and perused the lot and settled on this guy to represent Professor PZ and his laboratory.

I love all of the new avatars you all have come up with!

Last edited:
Looking forward to your pics! Ah, Poindexter of course. A great representation of Professor PZ! Well, I channeled Fairly Odd Parents. Always loved that one. ;)

Swimming pools, warm weather, family, food, it sounds great.

Ok I've done it.Asked her to leave.asked her for $200 board seeing she didn't clean the house. Asked her to apologize to her friend ( my daughter Anna) because she is left embarrassed. Now the long excuses. Sigh. Isn't it sad that I will never again try and help out a poor med student away from home on her selective. But I will always ask for money. I have been burnt yet again.:(

This afternoon, we will be having a long chat. She needs to know why I am mad. May have a glass of wine first.

Heavy frost here, but a lovely clear day. No clouds. Off to work for 2 hours.
Aly

Hey, it's tweedy pie....'I thought I saw a puddy cat, I did, I did I did!'
Love it Ms Pie. Aly your avatar looks just the ticket to send away the boarder blues and Kim, well PZ labs personified. Party sounded magic too.

So delighted to hear the progress on the ms front. As you say a breakthrough on the als front would be oh so welcome.

Spent a large part of my day dealing with my mums affairs. I am the last in the family it feels like winding up a whole history and part of my life. Felt her around though so much helped. No tea tonight. Glass of wine instead.

Avril, perhaps I should clarify my "Like"... it was for tweety bird and the glass of wine...

Hugs to you girl, you can use on tonight.

Wishing God's comfort for you Avril. It must be difficult. Big hugs to you.

I feel for you Avril. My Mom passed away suddenly 2 years ago and it's still a big void in my life.
Spent the afternoon at the dentist getting a crown to the tune of $900 smackaroo's. Fooie ( as Marta would say.)

Hey ALL! Aly sounds like you did the right thing, that is what is wrong with most of this younger generation. Avril sorry hun you are having to deal with all of this right now. Yall say a special pryer for a little 3 year old boy from my community, Dallas.. that accidently drowned in his parents pool. He was a darling! I got to catch up on yalls conversation...lol

Oh, thats so sad Joni. Hope you are hanging in there.
Avril, I am so glad you can feel your mum about. It must be comforting. I will need the wine as Esther has just walked in, now for the chat gotta go Aly

Oh sure Helen don't worry. I knew it was for tweety pie. I do like the old cartoons. Hope the chat went ok Aly & that you don't need strong coffee after. Joni, only just saw your spiral thread today as I've been away so long. I will certainly keep that family in my prayer. Aren't you some woman, able to reach out to others even with all you have on yourself. I feel lucky to know you.

Hi ladies as I said, lets start this chatty thread, where we can all get away from the bstresses of the day (except dog poop Joni).

Men are welcome of course, especially if you have a sense of humour and like a cup of tea.....oh and you need to be OK with talking about Doggy poop and cleaning

These are the opening words of this thread; I also learned about Ann and Aly's chickens. Great pics Ann.

My wife was asked to go get a cat to keep the squirrels out of our pole barn. Two years ago she came home with a male and a female. I said; "no females" Today, we have 12 cats. Only one is male, she is having trouble getting rid of them. Our grand children keep naming them, and that is a problem.

Any suggestions on how to morale' get rid of them? Yes, they poop everywhere. Staying on topic.

Jim

Jim, around here some rescue groups will come in and trap feral cats, neuter them, and release them back where they came from. Unless they're somewhat tame, there's no point to trying to rehome them, and killing a healthy animal just because it reproduces is a sin as far as I'm concerned. The kittens can be rehomed, but there are SO many cats needing homes, "safe sex" is the best for the critters! :)

Joni, it seems every year a few children from toddlers to teens die in pools, lakes and the ocean here... so sad, as many times it only takes a second for it to happen. Poor family. When my neighbors bought their house about 5 years ago, the Mom had the built-in pool taken out: a friend of hers had lost a child in a backyard pool, even with all the right safety precautions, curious toddlers find a way.

Hope everyone has a great day...

Thanks Helen, I agree, don't want to see if they can swim. But, for her to take the all and get them fixed is
beginning to add up, if you know what I mean. Love the rescue group idea, but they are pretty tame.

What do you do about the Grand kids naming them? :)

Jim

Yes they do that here too. Neutering is the best thing to do regardless of house cat or feral.

Love your Tink Jonie!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back