Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh Liz I am so terribly sorry, I suppose you tried a dirt box. My cats pee if I dont have a dirt box, when I accidently leave them in too long.
You will miss him. Give pooks a big hug. and a big hug and cuddle from me to you.

I used to have a cat named Olaf. He was a big white short haired cat. When my husband and I were "dating," he (the cat) ate his contact lenses that had been placed in a shot glass, as he was, what I called, a paw dipper. He was very jealous of my husband to be. As time went on his antics grew. His grand finale, before he accepted him into our family, was to pee right into his brief case that had been left open. My husband and I married and moved with Olaf out to the country, but next to a cemetery. One day Olaf did not come home. He would never desert me. He was an indoor/outdoor cat and acted more like a dog. Anyway, I called for that cat for almost a year: Olaf, kitty, kitty, kitty! Olaf! I wasn't going to give up. Then on New Year's eve,a year later, my husband told me he had something to tell me. OMG I thought he was going to tell me he was having an affair! He told me my cat had been run over and my friends told him not to tell me, He said that he buried him in the cemetery next door (not - he put him in the garbage). Olaf, kitty, kitty, kitty! Can you imagine!?! I haven't had a cat since!

I feel for ya!

Olaf reminds me of a friends cat. When she was first seeing her now husband the cat was not impressed. When they sat on the couch to watch tv the cat would sit on top of the tv & lower it's tail in front of the screen. She would sit there and waggle it from side to side. The day he moved in, the cat moved out!

Thanks for your welcome & friendship. I am mostly ok. Up and down don't you know. Liz, so sorry to hear about your cat. Pity the flatmate couldn't have gone instead. Aly, no more blues ok, remember you're an amazing lady. Ann, those kisses are the business. Dianne, I too have used skype and find it very easy. I use it from a laptop. I don't always turn the camera on. Especially if I'm looking particularly pasty or haggard. Talking of pale, my tea of choice today, Helen is white tea.

Hope you all have a good day.

I'm sorry Liz. That stinks.I had 3 cats when I married Bill. He was so allergic but he married me anyway.

Liz, I'm so sorry to hear that you had to get rid of your Peter... that's a tough one to do, when its behavior-related. You'll be missing him for a while I bet, sending hugs to you.

I have a cat pee story: when my parents owned this house, my brother and SIL lived on the 3rd floor for a while, and one of their cats had kittens. Now, I love them dearly, but I think my brother would see the poop to step over it, but not to clean it up. Their cats would come down to the 2nd floor and crap, and one of them seemed to like to pee in another brother's bed. So younger brother came home slightly intoxicated one night, and found cat pee in his bed, cleaned it up, came back into his room, and caught the cat in the act! He slammed the door, caught the little beast, stuck it under cold running water in the tub, and tossed it outside in the snowbank. Needless to say, that cat NEVER went into his room again. My SIL wasn't too happy about it, but it was her stinkin' cat! I have to say that it was so out of character for my younger brother to lose his temper, and to do anything to an animal, but at least he didn't hurt it! (And it wasn't left outside either)

My roommate lost her cat last weekend, it was 21 (thought it was older) years old... her dad came yesterday to go have it cremated for her. My daughter's cat was missing for a while yesterday, just long enough for me to notice that I hadn't seen it in a while, but it came strolling in, like, "what's the problem" attitude.

Love to all, gotta get my boy out of bed for his doc's appt, he's still on Alaska time I think!

I'm sorry Liz. Well, will he be happy where he is now? I hope so.

Rockies lost last night. It was weird because about 1/3 of the fans were Philadelphia fans! They cheered pretty loudly too! We had a cheering competition as well as a baseball game! :D All the Philli Phans I talked to were very nice. Just loud during the game. We had a great time in spite of the loss!

Love you people!

What a quiet lot you are....I am sitting at work, waiting for my new trial patient, she is up at the hospital finishing off atrial up there before she comes down to me. Guess what, my Ex neurologist and ex best friend is running 2 hours late and I am still waiting sigh.He really is hopeless. Anyway in 2 hours I have to leave here to go pick Sam up for school. I see a disaster looming......

No nothing about baseball. but love yelling :)

My med student border, put her bedlinen on to wash at 4pm after a lovely sunny day with her blobbing around the house. You guessed it, she put it in my dryer. I just dont allow that sort of thing as its way too expensive and there is no excuse on a sunny day. I finally told her off, but in a pathetic way boo hoo. See avatar for my facial expression.

Aly, how long is she staying with you?

Ok, sick of the bawling baby and winter. I am getting paid heaps to sit here at my computer so I long for a sunny day and have a smile on my face as I think how I can spend my earnings Hmmmmmm. Oh thats right I just came from the shops. I have spent it already.

She is leaving hopefully on Saturday. That will make me smile. I have still got no gas

I love your smiley sunshiney face Aly Pie! Sounds like your border needed a good gentle talking too. Young people need to know these things. They're used to their Moms taking care of them and don't know common courtesies and how to considerately take care of themselves. I remember being that way myself when I first got out on my own. Now that I think of it, before then even. They should have summer school for kids to learn these things. My Mom had 8 kids and didn't have the time or patience to teach us the finer things. We sure could clean a house and change a diaper though! ;)

Mart. I went to bed last night fuming again after she left all her dishes piled up in the kitchen and went to bed. I realized being so angry is making me unhappy, so I took a deep breath and put it in perspective.......only dishes........but in my nice new kitchen.......only dishes.......how dare she..........only dishes. The only dishes won. But if they are not done when she gets up, I will say something.

My trial patient came in time. Yay. She is a lovely lady. Need to go to work for a couple of hours as biogens coming to collect some urgent data for the trial closure. She was the last patient in the world to complete, so they are wishing through today to snatch up the info. Now she is with me for the extension phase, which is 4 years.apparently this drug has worked and has fewer side effects than the other ms oral drug just released in USA. Soon there will be no need for regular injectable medications in ms. Great news.

Blah blah. Sorry I do go on, but it's so very exciting. Just wish ALS was having the same success.

Gas arrived late yesterday. But I am going to save money and keep the underfloor heating off. The heat pump is managing the living areas. The only freezing room is the borders.......do I care :lol:

Luv ya

It's nice to hear about your day Aly! I picture you in my mind at work or in your house being exasperated with your young border that needs to be redirected here and there. And you inspired me to pick a new avatar. I used to look like Tweety when I was a baby. Big head and eyes, no hair and a little body. Glad you finally got your gas!

Love ya all!

Love the tweedy bird:). Just put 5 bags of rubbish out at the gate......that tells me she didn't do the rubbish last week either.....deep breath. It's only rubbish.

Sigh.

We went to an engagement party last night for my middle daughter and her fiance'. It was held at the club house and pool area of a gated community. You know, a place where all the lovely people congregate. We had a splendid time feasting on sumptuous fare!

The adult pool was filled with many of the guests seeking refuge from the heat while the kiddy pool contained my two grandsons, their mother and a few aunties! Meanwhile, Grandpa mingled indoors with the future in-laws. Nice times! Good food and lots of assorted teas and soft drinks to choose from.

Oh, the pineapple/melon tree was simply outrageous (as was the spinach dip!)!

Did anyone take any pictures Kim? I'd love to see if so. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back