Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there friends, haven't posted in a long time but couldn't resist coming for a cup of tea with you. Thanks for your messages. They have really helped me. I miss mum terribly but then how could I not. The house is unbelievably quiet. A person has such a presence even if they cannot speak or move at all. She has left her peace behind in the quiet. I am keeping on going, doing the stuff that has to be done. I have been away so long there must be scores of pages to read on the tea thread! Hope you're all as well as can be. Delighted to hear your news Ann and also glad to hear our hostess with the mostest is feeling a bit better. Love to you all.

HI DEAR AVRIL! *waving* We've missed you terribly. It's nice to see you Sweets. I know what you're saying about the quiet. It's deafening when someone leaves. You sound good.
Love,
Marta

Welcome back Avril, you've been missed! What kind of tea will you be having today?

Avril, you do sound so good...and you are such a dear. You've been missed terribly. I'm sending a very large box of virtual kisses. Take as needed...or as often as you like.

Lots of talking here today. Phil is back and forth, Hospice Aide (breakfast) and friend (lunch) nearly met, nurse phoned and two more calls still to come as well as my grocery shopper. This is not boring.

Avril I'm so glad that you came for a cup of tea -- it's so nice to hear from you. I know what you mean about the quiet -- after my husband died I remember I would get up in the morning for a cup of coffee and sit in his chair. Before I knew it it was dark outside and I had to move all day. Just part of the grieving process and one that you should take advantage of.

Who ever thought of Skype might be right. That would be kind of nice. I don't have it, but have heard of people who watched their grandchildren grow up Skypeing every night. Anybody have it already and if so what do you need to get if you don't have it?

I've been feeling crappy the past two days. The oxygen level is so low and just plain oxygen isn't working so I have to go around with that darn Bipap mask to force the air into my lungs. If we had Skype today you would see me with a headset on and the BiPAP nose cushion mask and think that I was an alien from outer space. :) On second thought perhaps the use of Skype wouldn't be too flattering.

Joni and Aly a good cry not only cleans out your tear ducts but allows all the stress to pour out of your body. Aly, I hope that you put South Dakota on your list of places to see when you make your US trip. We just booked three couples from England, who are visiting South Dakota and the Black Hills in Steptember.

Ann, it was good to hear Phil is going to be around. I am sure that he is happy to be able to be there too. Maybe you should not tell him that Tim thinks retirement is a lot of work around here! :)

Well, now my day will be the best, cause Avrils popped in and I have been worrying about her. So lovely to hear from you.

Yes, Sam and I did work out it's all about Alice in Wonderland :)

I am going for a walk with a friend today, that will be just dandy.

Dianne, I will look south Dakota up on a map. skype is amazingly easy to use. I have it on my iPhone. I just open the application and talk to my daughter in England for free. The other person has to have it as well. You don't need a camera. You can just talk like a phone as long as your computer has a microphone. You need the other persons skype address, organize a time when they are online ( I just txt the person first). You both start up skype, put in the a dress and push dial, viola off you go for free.

You can use an itouch or iPad, or pc.

Anyone want to do it, I am keen. I need to skype Hubby this morning. I had better stop being pissed and talk to him.

Love aly

Gone off to moderation, been happening rather a lot

Hi all!
I hope your ok Diane. I heard the bipap really makes on feel better according to my Neuro. Someday I want to see the Crazy Horse monument.
Avril, Welcome back. I was thinking about you on Saturday. Missing my Mom too.
Took the first Dexi whoochie pill at 4. Don't feel any different yet :). I had 2 people watching me swallow it.
Ann, Marta, Joni, Helen, Liz, Jim, Zaph, Linda, Joyce, Kimberly. Have a peaceful evening. I tried to remember everyone. Forgive me for those who I missed.
After my 4 hours at USF being baselined, I'm going out to dinner. (i'm not complaining because I left with the meds in my hot, sweaty little hand!)
Love,
Susan

We're going to the Rockies baseball game in Denver tonight! Hope it doesn't rain, much. I am PREPared! See you later! xoxo!

Susan, Crazy Horse is just up the road - 10 miles.... if you get out this way you must stop in for a real cup of tea. LOL

Susan hope you have a nice dinner,Marta have a good time at the game! Hey Diane, Ann, Aly, Helen, laurel, Avril, and everyone else. Fixing to watch shark week.

Oh, not fair, my post about skype and welcoming Avril has not come out of moderation, that just plain sucks. all day and still no sign of it. Boo Hoo.
Susan you forgot about me

Attachments

• crying.jpg
    crying.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 121
How could I forget you! Forgive me Aly! Nina was pecking at me while I was trying to type. I knew I forgot someone :(

Ha Ha. Hope I made you smile. Loved the picture, but really I am not crying :)

Decided to change my avatar.

Hi All
Been a very long and exhausting week for me. im very sad tonight so i dont want to get into details about the wedding. I will at a later date.
I had to get rid of my cat Peter tonight. Im devestated. Ive had him for like 5 or 6 years. He is the only "person" I can truely count on. Always at the door to greet me when I get home, then asks to be picked up so he can lick my face raw- he always misses me terribly. He also always sleeps on my head. And when I have a migraine or bad headache, he would lay his head on the exact spot that was hurting me. He is truely the best cat in the whole wide world. The problem? He pees on lots of stuff. My roomate got tired of it so he had to go. If I would have the money, I wouldve moved out instead of giving him away. Right now I feel so empty and I dont know how im going to get to sleep tonight without my Peter laying on my head... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back