Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, self flagelation...that's what we need! NOT! You probably scared your dog though... :)

Know what you mean about your foot, my left one's pretty useless, unless you count the fact that I can still move my toes downward.. and move my foot slightly inward. What scares me more about walking is the lack of strength in both knees and thighs... it's always the knees that give way when I tumble down and out!

On another note, didn't you say you were going to start planning a trip to the States? Are you going to work your way east to west, or the other way around? We'll need to work up a map for that itinerary that I started for you a few months ago!

Bring Sam if it's still vacation time here, I'd love him to meet my sons...

Aly, I love you and hate to see your depression tangle you up. Have you begun a list of all you need to buy after being away from home...I was a "list person". An easy way to feel you've done something constructive.

I'll tell you my big news... Phil is going to retire at the end of the year, and is able between now and then to only commute rarely. He'll work out of the house next door. This also means no taking vacation time...which he planned to take, a day off each week, but found out he could cash them in. I am over the moon. His nights are lots longer while working at home, so there's far less fatigue. YEEE HAAA!

P.S. He now calls my water tube the "hookah" and we're humming "The White Rabbit", which is very funny, as Phil just tonight learned what it is about. He never inhaled.

Pulled myself out of the doldrums and ordered the gas, then got some shampoo and flour. Now at least I am igoing n the right direction.
A list is a good idea. Ann, so pleased about Phils retirement (as long as he is pleased, of course). Still have no idea what you are talking about regarding the hooka, Tried to get it but just cant :)

Helen. I am serious about heading your way. I will get the next school holiday dates and see if I can bring Sam, but It may make it too exoensive. Would have to be October, as Pauls not home till mid September and I have the Elton John concert in Dunedin sometime in November, then Annas wedding. Oh a busy year. Send me your ideas about where I should go and where I should head.

Well off to have some Brocolli soup. Done in the MW instaed of Hob.

Ann, I love it!
This is for you and Phil: (hopefully one of the links will work, not sure if I did this right!)
‪FLY JEFFERSON AIRPLANE‬‏ - YouTube
‪Jefferson Airplane -White Rabbit-‬‏ - YouTube
Oh, and I never inhaled either... :)

Aly, if you come in October, you have to go to Salem, Mass. for Halloween... think of the Salem Witch Trials, House of the Seven Gables, whoooo hoooo.... (ghostly screams). Of course if you come earlier, we have all the leaf peepers checking out the fall colors up north.

Glad you're feeling better 'bout stuff...

Helen

My daughter is in Chicago on her mission trip... here is part of the post from our minister:

We’ll have three scriptures this week on giving and receiving love. The first tonight is from Leviticus 19: 33-34.

When a stranger resides with you in your land, you shall not do him wrong. 34 The stranger who resides with you shall be to you as the native among you, and you shall love him as yourself, for you were aliens in the land of Egypt; I am the LORD your God.

Ann I am so happy for you!Aly dust yourself off, I had too, and we will get out of our funk together ok! Love all the rest of you too! And thanks for being such good friends!

Ok that song is about the worst thing I ever heard, were they high when they wrote it. Had Sam in stitches :) oh and they really suck as a group!

Aly, I'm sure they were high...and that's the use of a hookah. I'm so glad you and Joni are feeling a bit (Hopefully more) better.

Helen, Lev. 19 passage is very good. And I think Phil will consult from home, and that way get his intellectual needs met. A friend he commuted with retired and has consultation going, and wrote Phil into the paperwork...very nice for Phil.

Aly and Joni, please do something nice today for yourselves.

Love all of you so much.

I am Ann...I am working some more...yay:) just kidding

Hi everyone,
Aly and Joni, we are entitled to a pissy day. I hope today is better for you.
Ann what good news. I bet Phil is happy too!
I'm off to USF for the baseline and the Dexi meds. I hope they are more organized today. Will update later today. I hope it's the real thing.
Everyone have a good day.

SORRY for that link, that is definitely NOT what I thought I put in there... wow, I need to get better at this stuff!

The White Rabbit song is what was supposed to be posted, not that awful NY video... sorry....:(

Good luck Susan, keeping my fingers crossed!

Aly, I don't know if you knew that the song White Rabbit is about Alice in Wonderland... "One pill makes you larger, one pill makes you small... "

Funny to think how "cleancut" she looked on the bottom video, and how drugged out she probably always was!

Going to moderation. Lyrics are about Alice in Wonderland...they just lend themselves awfully well to the age of Woodstock.

The link was there Helen, just not the right video. It is a good song from the old days. And I love the story of Alice in Wonderland too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back