Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will do Dear Helen. You're a good friend. Prayers for Leigh and also for Chubs. We love our fuzzy little kids but know that this heart breaking time comes sooner than we'd like. 23 is a good long run for a kitty. I hope mine stay with me as long as that.

I'm sorry Leigh is having a rough time of it. Sometimes life is just too hard on us.

Love you Helen.

Helen, so sorry about the cat. 23 is a greta old age. I just decided this morning to get Silver put down when hubby gets back in a few weeks. I am not sure how to hire a digger, as its a huge job to bury a horse.

Susan I heve attache a photo of us all together, hope you smile.

Liz waiting on some photos ?

aly

Attachments

• pills.jpg
    pills.jpg
    2.1 KB · Views: 262
Are you saying we're a bunch of pills Aly? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I love it!

No dear Marta, we are susans meds! Not a bunch of pills, although I feel like a bit of a pill at the moment :).
Giggle

is it better to be a bunch of pills or a couple of pickles? Come to think of it, I don't even know if I know what that means...

Aly, so sorry to hear about your Silver as well... my SIL just had to have her Jasmine put down, she was a silver as well and had melanoma among other things.

They do wiggle their way into our hearts without too much trouble, don't they?

Well, birdie mama better get to bed, as little one wakes up with the sun and eats 'til sunset! Had s/he out in the screen porch flying around, getting better and stronger. Course she wouldn't come down until she finally figured out that I wasn't going up to where she was perched with her food! Then she figured out how to come down to the table and gobble it all up.

Night night all!

Oh Aly, I too am sorry about Silver. It's so heartbreaking to have to make these decisions. Most times it's the kindest thing for us to do for our fuzzy kids who have loved us so much and we them. {{{{{BIG HUGS}}}}}

Ahhhhhh, of course, medicine! LOL! Pickles? I've been IN a pickle before but not ever been accused of being one Helen! :)

Helen and Aly, so sorry to hear the news of the animals that either passed or will be passed soon. Its hard to have to make those kinds of decisions.

It was suppose to be good weather for a few days and the weatherman last night said rain wouldn't be here till Tuesday. Well it started pouring sometime after midnight and didn't stop till about an hour ago. So much for listening to the weatherman! I am hoping we get sunshine sometime today because I would like to be out in it on my deck. I missed the sunshine we had earlier this week due to work.

Ok you all have a great Sunday!

Happy Sunday all!
Aly your too funny :)
sorry about your horse and Helens Kitty. Pets are like family that we mourn when they are gone.
Where are the hit wedding pics Liz?

Ok , today I feel crazy. Not joking, cant settle, walking from room to room, forgetting why i got up, sitting down, walking around. I took heaps of meds for a migraine and am in the middle of a domestic dispute via email , but i feel weird. Maybe i overdosed on pills , i need medication for the crazies.
argh. went to wash my hair....no shampoo. Went to start making bread......no flour. Went to start making a lasagne.....oh yes, no gas!

lord give me a break, oh and olivia missed her flight connection, started vomiting at the airport, finally got to Christchurch and no luggage arrived. What more.....cried when I fed Silver..... how do I have the right to kill something?

You all are sick and that makes me sad......depression here it comes sob.

Oh Aly, I wish I could come give you a great big hug and hold your hand. I'm so sorry you're having such a crappy day.

Love you Aly.

Aly,
Sending you a giant bear hug and shed a few tears for you. Hang in there. It will pass and the sun will shine again. Lots of love to you!
Linda

Aly, so sorry to hear you're down in the dumps too... come on ladies, we need to skype or something and get ourselves feeling better!

Migraine, jet lag most likely, not feeling right... outta gas, outta flour, worse yet, outta shampoo! It seems overwhelming, but just take it one thing at a time, and it won't. Except for maybe the shampoo – I hid mine last night because someone else keeps using it, and its almost gone! Pretty bad when you have to hide things, but I have a soda hidden in the fridge, and shampoo hidden in the bathroom... oh, and my stash of chocolate, which I would highly recommend if it doesn't add to the migraine.

Sorry to hear about Olivia not feeling well, is it anxiety setting her off? I can only imagine the stress of being where the ground won't stay still.

Poor old Silver... you can't look at it as the "right" to kill something, you have to assess what her quality of life is, and if she's enjoying it... you'll know when and if you need to do it, and no regrets, as you gave her a great life. Many horses (and other animals} don't get that with us humans. I wish it were legal to decide for humans, and let people decide for themselves (with obvious guidelines of course) when it's time as well. The only good thing about my roommate's cat dying yesterday was that she didn't have to make that decision, the cat made it for her.

Aly, I'm so sorry you're feeling so out of sorts! And btw, we may all be dealing with a disease in one way or another, but how did you know I was "sick"! (he he he) Seriously, your thread is a lifeline for us all, and we all live a bit vicariously through your travels... so as Marta would say POOEY to the shampoo, the lack of food, go order some takeout food for yourself, and spoil your horse with some carrots, sugar and apples.

Hope you're feeling better soon, love you lots girl!

Aly wish I could give you a good old hug, but sweetie cry, sometimes it's hard not to with days like you have had...Love ya!

Thanks guys. I feel better after a big cry. I just read the caregiver support forum and it dawned on me, that if I got ALS, my husband would put me down. It was an interesting thought.

I watched house on tele last night. He was in hospital after cutting is useless leg with a knife. It reminded me of a couple of years ago when I sat in our barn with my old dog Tessa ( passed away last year). I picked up a stick and started beating the he'll out of my leg because I decided it was all in my mind and I would beat it into life! Crazy but it helped get rid of the frustration. The bruises were very colorful :) crazy , that's me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back