Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
hooker: prostitute; or one who makes hooked rugs (that's for you Ann!)

hooka: prostitute in the south or in Boston, Mass. where no "R" is ever pronounced, unless the word ends in "a" – i.e. Linda is pronounced "Linder", Worcester is pronounced "Whistah" by the natives... proper pronunciation would be more like "Whister" (not Worchester)

hookah: water cooled pipe, commonly used in the 70's for hashish and pot... has come back I'm sure!

Attachments

• 220px-Hoookah.jpg
    220px-Hoookah.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 105
Helen, thank you for being such an exemplary researcher! We also have a Worchester here, pronounced Wusster.

Well, so much for waiting until Phil needs "a funny"...I told him last night about my jug and tubing turning into a hookah as well as the "x-rated" hose thing... and he thought you all (hello, Marta) were very funny. I obviously need a camelbak, cause this tube isn't available to me unless he clips it to my head (ouch), but I don't even want that conversation.

Ann, the camelbak is a great idea, but you do have to bite down on the mouthpiece to use it I think. My sons have them for hiking trips, and they're also a pain to clean.

Have to admit, I loved hearing about the hookas being mistaken for hookers! I think I missed the "x-rated hose thing", what was that? Guess I'll have to reread the past couple of pages...

Ladies, you're the best! I'm on this page EVERY day.

Cleaning the camelbak is exactly the problem, Helen--for us. I can still bite. Golly, I'm waiting for you to start laughing, and trust I'll hear it down here. Not getting a joke is my job, LOL.

Onward.... Susan, I'm so glad your daughter is starting to "give" in her spine. Mine formed a sideways "C" in my chair from muscle loss, and Phil pulled my head while pushing my ribcage, as well as pushing my shoulders every time he put me in bed. In the beginning it really hurt due to all the shortened ligaments, I suppose. Gradually it became painless, although something usually pops in my spine. I hope your daughter is able to be made straight.

Aly, you're in the friendly skies as best as I can tell. It was great reading a post of yours today! I do wish your neuro (not your husband...the one who treats you) would act in a better manner.

Ok, I have got to get a drink of water. I know I need a towel to hide somewhere and use while I make a grab for it... I'm not doing well with the Solo cups anymore, which is how this subject began.

Thanks for the correct spelling of what I was talking about and the definition of what Susan and Ann were talking about Helen! :D

Hey Marta! You're just the person to explain the other definition to Helen! Wait--please don't. Just PM her.

Which other definition Ann?

Oh, yeah, PM for sure! :lol:

huh? what did I miss? Marta, you better pm me soon! :)

I just sent you one Helen! Don't know if I cleared anything up or not but....let me know! ;)

Marta, Ann, we seriously are on the same wavelength here... we need to get our minds back on track methinks!

My boys are on the plane heading back to Boston... They left at midnight Anchorage time, and will get into Boston around 4:30pm EST. I talked to Matt yesterday, he sounded so homesick! Haven't talked to Andrew but I know they missed their beds, if nothing else! :) But what an adventure they had, and they missed the 100° temps we had here last week.

My daughter is leaving tomorrow morning at 6:30 a.m. for her mission trip to Chicago... going to help out in the food pantry/soup kitchen, others in her group will help fix and rebuild where needed. This is her 3rd mission trip, she loves going on them...

So I'm getting 2 back, and sending 1 off... now if only I could get myself sent off somewhere! :)

I hope everyone is doing well, missing you ladies (and gents!)

Off to make my tea... I'm having it with a Dunkin Donut breakfast bagel sandwich, courtesy of hubby's addition to their coffee!

Attachments

• Denali-group.jpg
    Denali-group.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 100
All your kids sound like wonderful souls Helen! You must be very proud of them!

And yes, I agree we must get on track. IT'S FRIDAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

Love to you and all,

Marta

Your family is very busy, Helen. It's wonderful your daughter loves the mission trips and has these experiences, and also great you'll have your sons back after such a big trip! Bet they'll have loads to tell you :)!

It's hot as blazes here. My hospice aide--the perfect aide--arrived early to bathe me, and began with ROM. She is still learning how to turn me with minimum pain. Come to think of it, my pain was caused by being too stubborn to use a wheelchair, which messed up my knees. They hurt before the wheelchair, but quit hurting soon after getting it. My only pain now is in the knees while being turned in bed. Hope someone can benefit from my experience.

Stay cool Ann! xoxoxoxoxo! Butterfly Kisses so as not to make you sweat!

Hi Ann, only thing that usually hurts with me is my arthritic lower back... it's a doozy sometimes, but has generally been better since starting the Dex clinical trial. My knees don't hurt, but they're not as strong as they should be, especially my left one.

Wish it weren't so hot for you! I'd rather be a bit colder and snuggle into a blanket than be too hot and sweaty.

Would you believe that my kids are WAY less busy than most of the kids in this town? They don't go away to camp for the whole summer, they spend a lot more time at home than most kids, as I work at home. Which is good and bad for them, but I did cut the extended cable tv for the summer... saving a chunk of money, and got Netflix which runs off of the Wii console to our 17-year-old tv! I've been having fun watching some of my old favorite tv shows on something better than the bad videotape I made 10 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back