Thread: als and prayer
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2007, 02:25 AM #21 (permalink)

City: Lake Forest
State: CA
Interest: I lost a loved one to ALS/MND.
trustinggod is on a distinguished road
City: Lake Forest
State: CA
Interest: I lost a loved one to ALS/MND.
trustinggod is on a distinguished road

While Jesus was on earth he not only taught his disciples how to pray he also instructed them to pray about everything. Over and over in the bible we see Jesus
going off to pray alone, praying over the food before eating, giving thanks to His father in prayer and praying for unbelievers. On the night before he was crucified in the garden of Gethsemane Jesus prayed; "My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will." Matthew 26:39.

Yes Jesus healed lepers and washed the feet of his disciples as well as raising a few people from their graves. He drove out demons and fed five thousand people with just two fish and five loaves of bread. He drove the money changers from the temple and healed the blind. He was a do-er and a pray-er giving us a perfect example of how to live.

What I have found to be true in my life is that praying gives me the strength to do what I need to make it through another day and help others get through their days too.

And finally, knowing that I'll live in heaven for eternity with God and His son Jesus and that there will be no ALS and no more tears . . . gives me peace.

I pray for all of the PALS on this forum and for a cure to be found soon.

Jeanne