Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha! A hooka? With my NY accent it means something else.:)
I know Marta,I'm bad!

Maybe I am, come to think of it, Marta. When I decide he needs to laugh, I'll mention "hooka". The plastic tube is AWFUL tasting, and I'm not able to reach it anyway, so have been very quiet.

Susan, I used to hook...rugs. And you're a New Yorker!

Oh, Marta, no--I did not mean THAT! I'm going back to my high school years of poor judgment and paranoia...pretty tame for most of us. I think I'll save your thoughts for Phil anyway--I love to sneak attack him...and that'll do it.

Last edited:
Yes Ann, originally from Long Island. Came down to FL for college and never went back. I should have said what I used to sound like. I don't have much of a voice now.

I do remember Wee Willie Wonka.. You all had me in stitches. I could just picture Ann with that
awful tasting tube. Susan, I don't know who Mott the Hoople is, but I will look and see.

Ms Pie, really, what is a hooka? I read your responses to my wife and she also began laughing.

I am so thankful we are able to laugh out loud. O I forgot lol

A B C D GOLDFISH. L M N O GOLDFISH. O S M R....

Jim :)

Love you, Susan. It's a tough loss, for sure. Mine is vocal chord at that end of me. My freshman roomie in VA was from Long Island. I came home at Christmas with some NY mixed with Lynchburg VA. I seemed unable to not pick up accents.

All the young dudes, carry the news......

Well I know that there's a song by a group Mott Hoople and the song All the Young Dudes Carry the News but I didn't until just a minute ago. ;)

Jim, a Hooka is a tall water pipe with a hose that you use to smoke whatever you put in the bowl at the top. Remember the Hooka Smoking Caterpiller in Alice In Wonderland? Think of Ann, sitting on a big mushroom, smoking a hooka, and exhaling the smoke while saying Whoooo are Youuuuu making the shapes of the letters with the smoke.

Susan, I can just hear you saying it with your Long Island accent. :)

Well I learn something new each day and today I learned a new meaning for hooka, glad you explained Marta. Otherwise I was just under the assumption that you all intentionally left the "h" off the end of hooka and you were refering to a 'not so lady like lady who makes a profession out of certain intimacies'. But then I was totally confused on what that had to do with Phils contraption on the side of Anns bed? So again thanks for the explination! :-D

Joyce I was right with you..lost, still don't understand the hose, but hmmm still lost:confused:

Last edited:
Well, I don't understand anything y'all are going on about. It's a foreign language. I am confused, but what's knew. Must be the cultural differences, or I have fewer brain cells!

I am having breakfast and about to pack leaving for heathrow in 3 hours, then 30 hours to get home. I have a suitcase of shopping, including my cast iron skillet, weighs heaps. Unfortunately my dad, who is picking us up in NZ and driving us home, has taken the wrong car. He couldnt find the keys to the SVU. Turns out Anba has them and she is working at a hospital out of town( typical Anna). I have been stressed because only 1/2 the cases will fit in the boot. Luckily last night, dad txt to say he has booked the cases on a shuttle!

Wil be saying farewell to Hubby, but I am rather sick of him and excited about the break. Yahoo I will have fun:). He's only home 5 days and he is flying back to a 1/2 day meeting with Biogen. InLondon......ridiculous. The reason spite against my sacked neuro.....long story, but seems extreme. When I get home I will start planning my trip to the great USA. Yay.

Susan, I seem to have missed something about what's going on with you?

Dianne, I know you are listening, miss you and hope you are coping with all the changes ok.

Avril, come back for a chat, we miss you too.

Prayers for you all, aly

Aly,

We are and will be thinking of you. Sounds like you will be very busy, so I suppose we
can now use your clock for a fan. (Time fly's) Interesting how we strap a little time machine
on to our wrist and it dictates our lives. Think of the conversations, "I'll be with you in a
minute. Just a second. Could you hold for a moment. On an on.

That is what happened in the sixties. Sadiemae, #2696 This is not a one armed octopus.
This is what slowed time down, increased munchies. Somehow, there was something
funny about all this. Music just seemed to sound better. It caused people to chill out.
That hooka is for the Sophisticated. Cheap bongs, made in Japan, probably.

(Of course you all know I am dreaming)

Last Saturday, waiting for golf to come on, I was surfing and came across "Love Story"
with Jim O'neil. Sorry, I meant Ryan O'neil. :) Anyway, remember the quote.
"Love means never_________________________________________...
having to say you are sorry." I was reminded of some of the things they seem
to institute into our culture. Won't list them, but it is so easy to forget. Especially
when we are voting. Aly McGraw, I think that is what reminded me of seeing
it Aly...

You all take care and have some tea before you leave for the U.S.

Jim

Hi everyone!
Day 4 of therapy. So far so good. No tears and she is smiling. Hopefully the curve will reduce a bit.
We have to give Aly a lesson in college life in the 70's. Bong 101.
Bill is taking me to my favorite restaurant tonight. Its a seafood buffet. I'll eat my weight in steamed clams. I might have a nice cocktail too. They have one with a Tinkerbell light up ice cube. You just have to love Disney.
Take care all,
Susan

Joyce, I learned something too...I thought a hooka was a lady of the night. Guess we both grew up sheltered. :) There is a reason Tim refers to me as Mary Poppins - I'm so naive! LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back