Status
Not open for further replies.
From the Emory website:
We are now recruiting for Group D (3 patients). Patients participating in this group will have difficulty walking, but be able to walk without the assistance of another person and have good breathing function. The selection criteria for participants for group D is listed below.

Please understand this is only a partial list of the eligibility criteria. If you do not meet the following criteria, you will not be considered for enrollment. Due to the complexity of this study, priority will be given to current patients of the Emory ALS Center. Only people who live close to Atlanta will be considered.

Group D (up to 3 patients)
Eligibility Criteria:

1) Confirmed diagnosis of ALS by a neurologist

2) Vital capacity greater than 60% of predicted value seated; greater than 50% measured flat on your back

3) Difficulty walking due to ALS

4) Lack of complicating medical conditions

5) Live in geographic proximity to Emory University Hospital

6) Ability to communicate vocally or with low-tech tools (writing or letter board)

We seem to have radically different understandings of the concepts of "help" and "friendship".

For me, a true friend is someone who tells it like it is, who challenges me and never lets me get away with any BS - even at the risk of making me angry.

SIGH

I guess some people have to learn things the hard way.

If you have a change of heart - you may want to consider donating any money you raised to ALS Guardian Angels. An amazing organization that makes a real and tangible difference in the life of PALS.

https://www.alsforums.com/forum/event-announcements/16389-als-guardian-angel-fundraiser.html

I tried to post this information but it didn't make it through either because I made a mistake or because my post contained a link.

Please g o o g l e the term

ALS untangled

and go to the site at the top of the list. Where you are planning to go is addressed in a investigative report there. There are some highly respected doctors involved with this site. I urge you to read the report on stem cells in China.

I think that people here want to protect you from making a mistake that many others have made before you.

Thank you Lobster! I had not seen the ALS Untangled site before. That is some awesome information as I had a lot of questions surrounding so much of what they posted. That really cleared up some lingering confusion for me.

Thank you also to everyone else for links and info posted on this thread. Oh how I wish I had found this forum when my mom was living with ALS. It is just a wealth of information, not just information but factual reliable information which is so darn hard to come by these days.

I am thinking we won't be getting any post cards from India.

Ah well.

This thread is done like dinner.

CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back