Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Linda my husband has lost several pounds too since his last visit, and they wanted to put the peg in then too. He wanted to wait til swimming season was over is what he said, but truth is he really hasn't swam much, because of the heat. We go next month, and then he will get it. Kind of relief to me because of the choking and weight issue. At least I know he will be getting what he needs. I am truly sorry this is one sucky beast! Hope your Dr appt goes well. I would think being scared is pretty normal, but try to hang in there..

You will be in my thoughts and prayers Linda.

Big hugs,

Marta

Dear sweet Linda, my thoughts and prayers will be with you. I hope all goes well, lean on us as much as you want, rant, rave whatever, we will listen.

Helen,have a wonderful time away. Hopefully wee birdie will be ok. They never seem to survive when I rescue them, you must have a special touch.

I have just got back from a day in central London, we visited the Tate modern art museum, walked beside the Thames, got Sam a new guitar and another 4 books! ( that makes 10 now). I got a book on bread making, which I can't wait to use when I get home.

I left Olivia walking to Waterloo station to meet a friend, they were going boating in Hyde park and having a picnic. I asked her to be back by dark, hopefully she will manage to be safe on the underground and find my cousins house!

Finally, nice weather, just before we head home. We have 3 nights left.

Love to you all.

Hey I am back!...I think. Still fatigued from the pnuemonia but doing much better. Thank you to those who left messages for me on my 'wall'.

Linda I will keep you in my prayers dear one. Hang in there sweety.

Helen, glad your going to get a new battery for your chair and that the lil birdy got a chance to survive to adulthood! Its was sunny here most of last week, but then the rain came two days ago and its still raining today. So depending on where your boys are at, they are most likely needing those extra socks! Have you heard from them?

Aly, so glad your having a good time in England. Someday I might just get to visit there. Who knows? I am entertaining the thought of becoming a travel agent. Now wouldn't that be a hoot?! Might as well fight this thing tooth and nail by doing that which I would like to do no matter how difficult it might be. But my mind is not gone and the computer provides a world for me to earn something. So maybe I should just go for it! I could specialize in handicap traveling.

Sorry, Joyce I missed that you had pneumonia. I never quite read all the past posts once I got an Internet connection. I was thinking about your absence yesterday, should have pmd you. I am so glad you are ok :)

Travel agent sounds brilliant and you may get to UK sometime. London is fairly flat and although we have to go hunting for lifts, they seem to be easy to find. I can do 1 flight so that helps.

Keep getting better
Luv Aly

no worries Aly. I never really posted it other than my wall when someone asked about my absence. I also would love to visit NZ and Australia. They are all in my bucket list of places to see. Is the UK wheel chair friendly?

Some of the tube stations are not, so you have to pick and chose.
If you come to NZ you and your family will always be welcome to stay with me:)

Hi all,
just a quick hi. Nina's therapy went ok. Its hard to see her in pain but she toughed it out.
Love to all,
Susan

Seems like all of us are kind of tired. Lots of "likes". :) Me too.

Love you all!

Couldn't have said it better Ms Pie...:roll:

Im pissy today. Still havent had a smoke. Cant remember if its been 5 or 6 days- but im not even using a nicotine patch and im really pissed about it. I didnt even want to quit this time, I just literally cannot afford it anymore. My PALS hates it too- I never smoke around him, but he has always hated the smell. UGH.. JUST PLAIN OLD PISSY

Well said Liz, pissy! I still hope you have a great time at the wedding this weekend:) The cigarrete quitting will get easier I promise! If I can do it, you can too, and lawd with all I have going on, I should be smoking a couple of packs a day!

I know it isn't easy to quit. You can do it though and you'll feel so good and good about yourself too. It does get easier. The more distance you can put between you and that last one, the easier it will get. Promise. You'll probably be tempted while you're gone. Just remember, you don't want to start over. AND, we'll be watching you Miz Liz. :twisted:

Thanks guys. I know it will get easier. I had quit for a little over 2 years and was just now smoking for a few months. But right now I am still salty about it. Sure would be nice to have one right about now.... ugh

You better not be watching me Marta! There are some things you just dont need to see.... I may be a part of some of those things....
Just saying :)

Hi everyone, I'll join the pissy club today with Liz. I hate to be pissy alone. ? I'll tell you Liz,smoking isn't worth it. My. Mother in law had her leg amputated 2 months ago and if she quit 7 years ago like the vascular doc told her she would still have it. So now she's in rehab puffing away. Of course its not healing and she had 2 revision surgeries since. So keep it up Liz! You can do it!
Helen,Marta, Joyce,Ann, Joni, aly ,jim,zaph....l did I remember everyone? Have a great day. Got to fly. Nina's starting therapy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back