Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Liz! I love your signature! You are such a baaaaad girl....as usual. Congrats on day 4! Sorry you're in pain. Did you over do it or something the other day?

Hi Susan! Excellent toast by the best man! hahahahahahahaha!

Liz, My sister gave a very touching and lightly serious speach that was quite good and surprising. She spoke directly to the teary eyed bride and groom. She lovingly went on and on about their new life together, loving each other through thick and then and how everyone is multifacited. "You are who everyone thinks you are, who you think you are and who you really are." Then she solomenly raised her glass and said "I wish the 6 of you many years of happiness." She brought the house down. Liz, she stole the "who everyone thinks you are, who you think you are, and who you really are" from me. You are welcome to use it if you'd like. I loved it.

Love yas all!

Marta

Went to moderation. Think I'll have an adult beverage while I wait for it! xoxoxo!

I think I'll join you with that cocktail! :)

Nite all!

Nite Sweet Helen. :)

Good morning!
Sitting writing to you in a house of silence. Suns out here in London, so it may be a nice day. The guinea pig, Harvey is squeaking, I think he wants to go out for the day. Thomas the big grey rabbit is just waiting patiently for breakfast. I am nursing a little hangover. My cousin, his wife, Hubby and I drank 4 bottles of Sav between us! We brought 36 bottles from NZ for them, so it's going to be a fun week. However I will stick to diet coke, the " next day" is not worth it.

I have no need to go sightseeing in London, so will just relax in the suburbs until we head for home in 4 days. My eldest I'd due to arrive by train soon to spend the day with us, until the sad farewells. At least she is coming for Annas wedding in December.

Ann I am so pleased that your neck is feeling better and all the issues with carers, seem to be sorting themselves out. Your Phil is a knight.
Kimberely, I will miss you. It's important to have alone time to digest big changes. I went away for 3 weeks last year, to just sort out my head, get some perspective on this pls thing, pray, contemplate and just think of myself for a change. I am still reaping the benefits from the break away. You probably are not even reading this, but writing it helps me feel close to you. Bless you my sweet.

I hope everyones day is great. The good thing about our little thread is that even when you are traveling afar, you are just as close as ever before to your friends. Pretty cool don't you think:)

Have a great time at the wedding Liz, and marta suggestion is great :)

Aly

Aly, Good Evening!
I have to laugh that everytime lately I am on at night most are sleeping, but you are just waking up...LOL Atleast while on vacation over there. Hoping you are having a good time! :)

Well it seems I'm a baby mama to a little baby bird rescued from a fall from an Office Max sign – my daughter works there and found it on her way into work on Friday. She picked it up off the sidewalk, and called me. I tried to have it taken in by a rescue, as there's no place to put it in a tree near enough the nest for the mama bird to find it, but no luck. So what to feed a little baby sparrow/finch? Not sure what it is, but after it recovered from its fall, it's actually doing ok. Doesn't look like it's hurt anymore, and let me tell you, it's cheeping away for mama's attention... which I guess is me. It's supposed to eat bugs, seeds and berries, and since my boys aren't here to catch the bugs, I can't hull the seeds for it, it's been surviving on mushed up strawberries and cherries. I had a brainstorm and am now giving it a little bit of egg yolk cooked up, mushed up and water added for protein. I tried to mush up some dry dog food yesterday, but that was less than successful!

It's actually pretty cute, and my parakeet doesn't know what to make of it. I have them in separate cages now that we know the little one too mobile for the box we had him (her?) in at first.

I'll post a picture as soon as I replace the batteries in my camera!

I hope all is well with everyone, say a prayer for the families in Norway... how insane is this world?

I think one of the big pet stores would have maybe some dried bugs or something like that you could feed the chick. I'll google for you. Google is good for some things. You're a good and loving lady Helen.

Yes Helen, it sure is nuts. I'm glad to live in our quiet neck of the woods. You're a good woman to take care of the chick. I thought I had responded to you earlier. Don't know what happened to my post. I probably deleted it rather than posting it by accident. Anyway, at the PetSmart or PetCo I'll bet they have chick food. I know they have lots of birds and equipment. I imagine if you G--gle baby birds you can find out what mamma birds feed them.

Love you all!

Hello everyone, i have had a lot going on this weekend. Bruce was doing a lot of coughing and choking friday night, scarey. Is that normal with bulbar to cough and choke so much? Had my grandson's birthday party saturday, kids swimming yesterday and today. It is soo hot, I don't even want to go outside...lol Hope everyone had a good weekend. Hugs to all:)

You too Sweetie Pie!

Oh, I guess my first post to Helen had gone to moderation. Oh well!

Have a nice evening everyone! See you tomorrow!

Hi All!

Marta, great minds work alike, we now have real food to feed the little one...

and we're off to the Cape to visit CCALS for new batteries for the scooter, and a visit to my brother (after a trip to the beach, not sure how that will go...). We have a babysitter for little Errol (baby bird's new name, I like Max better!) so hopefully he's going to be fine while we're gone.

Hi All,
I hope everyone is well. I have been very quiet on the forum but I am here everyday. I go to clinic tomorrow and as always I am a bit anxious. I am weaker and know it is time to agree to the feeding tube. They suggested it three months ago but I was too stubborn to do it. I wish now I had. I saw my GP on saturday for an infection and I have lost twelve pounds in less than three months. Swallowing and breathing have become a bigger challenge every day. I am now scared and have to face this diagnosis with no denial. It is looking at me straight on. How do you all do it? You have such a bright spirit and are so brave. I don't feel bright or brave. I am scared out of my wits. I will let you know what the outcome of my visit brings me. I would appreciate your prayers. This is such a beast. I wish I could wake up from this nightmare.
Linda

wishing you the best on your visit , i do not have a.l.s. but my son does .. you have every right to be scared and i dont blame you one bit hugs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back