Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kimberly, rather than rasing an adult beverage to you I raised a Klondike Bar. Yummy!

You go Liz! Proud of you but yes, drink lots of water along with that beer in this sweaty weather. xoxo!

Stay cool everybody! Love to you!

Hey all, Where is everyone today?
Ya'll got me worried!

I think everyone melted in the heat...

Hi peeps.
Today is day two with no smokes. I also got up at 5:45 and fast walked for about a mile and a half or so. Im planning on buying some in-line skates to work my legs and butt. and prolly do some pilates. once i get into the routine of working out, i will add more variety.
Im so afraid Im going to gain weight from quitting smoking. It took me a year to lose 25 lbs and I still have about 35 to go. I dont want to gain any of that 25 back and right now I literally CANT gain any because Im the maid of honor in my friends wedding next friday, and my dress fits. Just fits. no room to expand any.
Im finding that ive enjoyed sweating my ass off- which is odd for me. But it felt GOOD. so i will continue. I may be going on a vacation in January or Feb, so hopefully i will be hot by then!

Helen- unfortunately, no. I wont be coming this summer. I guess there is a SLIGHT chance that I might make it in the fall, but prolly not. I just cannot afford it right now with the wedding coming up and other things going on. Makes me very sad, because I would love to actually meet you and see this huge old house of yours. I hope it works out in the fall.

Liz, you go girl! Keep going like you have, and that dress will be loose on you next Friday!

And come anytime, fall is a beautiful time of year to visit the ocean – the water is warmer and the New Yorkers are all gone from the Cape! :)

Liz, I'm so proud of you! Keep going, Babes!

Lori--I really hope you get this job. In my prayers.

Kimberly, I'm sorry about the cost of school. Times are tough, for sure.

Helen, good for you, encouraging your middle son toward trade school...some jobs are always needed.

Aly, don't buy up the great stores in the UK...save money for your U.S. trip--we need it.

Hot here. Seriously hot. Strained my neck earlier typing--can't support weight of head (and it's not heavy with brain), so will turn off heat producing laptop now and lie flat.

Love you all!

Liz, I know what you mean about how working out feels so good. Your muscles crave it after awhile. Aahhh...memories...;)

Stay cool lady poos!

Well done Liz, glad that you are exercising and liking it.

I didn't spend much at all. It was not as exciting as I thought. Liv has got heaps of stuff. Not sure how she will pay me back. She got a nice prom dress. I did buy a cast iron skillet and lasagna dish. Weighs a ton!

SAMs still sick so we missed Bath and kept going to CArdiff. I love it here, a lovely city. Went for a walk before dinner, but walked too far, now I am tired again. Tomorrow I hope he is well enough for Harry potter. I am looking forward to the movie. Sad it's the last one!

Sue, sorry that your trial tests have been a trial! Hope all goes well with the repeat ekg.

Wow, a nurse here in UK has killed 5 people in the last 2 weeks by giving patients insulin in their saline. What a monster.

Just got an email from our MND committee secretary, to say our new English field worker has resigned, after just 3 weeks! Terrible news. There's been no support person for the patients in 6 months. Silly lady :(

Well better have a wash and head for bed.
Luv aly

Nite nite Aly Dear!

Liz, Keep up the good work! Have fun at the wedding too!
We're getting the camper ready for Sunday. It's like packing up the house to move.
Nite, nite all signing off early tonight.
Love, Susan

Gnite Aly. I sure miss you. Cant really say that im enjoying exercising, but it wasnt too bad. Considering it was over 110 yesterday, it wasnt as bad as I thought it would be.

Susan- where you guys going? I love me some camping. My gf and I are going to try to go rafting one more time this summer- not whitewater this time, just lazy river rafting... and of course camping goes along with this so i am excited.

Marta- sorry you cant exercise like you used to. Judging by your pictures, it doesnt look like you need to anyways hon!

Thanks for all the encouragement ladies. I hope I can finally stick with this.

Ann- sorry youre having issues with the neck and head. Was wondering why you havent been around too much lately. Rest my dear friend. And come back to us rejuvinated!

Good afternoon/evening/morning, depending on your TimeZone!

It sounds like everybody is having a meltdown from the heat, and not sitting around chatting so much. least I've been reading the posts but have little found a kid that is going to take over some of the lawn work which will be a help. Nonetheless, there always seems to be maintenance and I wish I could help with some of the painting of fences.

Liz, you go girl! Dieting and quitting smoking, together, is a super undertaking! I'm sure you will look fabulous the wedding on Friday. Be sure and get a picture of you in that MOH dress. I want to see.

Diane- Thanks friend! Hopefully I wont look too bad and maybe i will have the guts to post a pic. The thing with that is- i seem to think Im actually SMALLER than I am and when I see a picture I almost faint at my size. So I cannot make any promises... :)

Kimberly I posted your song by Queen on the after 5 forum. Marta I wish I had a klondike bar, but like Liz I am trying to lose a few pounds. Aly I have never watched the first Harry Potter, got all the movies so when I ever get time I plan on watching them. I would have loved to went shopping with you, sigh...that is a thing of the past. Susan are you going camping? If so I hope you have a good time. Ann I am sorry your neck is hurting:( Hugs to all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back