Reason
PALS
Country
AU
State
queensland
City
brisbane
hi stve here ive recently heard of people with all manner of desises being supernaturaly healed by god through believing that jesus christ not only paid the price for our sins but allso for healing in our bodies if you have seen mel gibsons the passions when jesus was scourged that was the price paid on our behalf for healing im told if we ask god to forgive our sin and accept christ as our savour and believe that we will recover that we will maby im gulible or just crap scared of death but ive done it and if it works ill let you all know are any others on here believing god for healing what have we got to loose i hope i dont offend anyone by saying this

Last edited by a moderator:
Good morning cyberheart. Thank you for being sensitive about not wanting to offend anybody. As you can see from searching past threads, very few topics are off-base here and there are many members and visitors with strong faith. You are right that people are frightened but from what I've seen for the most part everyone is compassionate and tolerant. I hope your day goes as well as possible. Cindy

I am on many prayer list that my friends and family put me on I have alot of faith and I believe in miracles I am here 8 years with ALS so theres your answer god bless Pat

miracles and faith

i would venture to say that the majority of us in the forum believe in God, and have faith that God will see us through this. i am not sure many of us are sitting back waiting for a miracle to occur and heal us, our loved ones, from als.

however, the bible clearly teaches that 'if God brings you to it, He will see you through it.'

none of us understand why this monster disease has happened to our families or loved ones, it just has. but i do feel sorry for those that do not have Christ in their lives, because without His love and guidance, this would be a much harder burden for all of us to bear.

when i am anxious, frustrated, upset, angry and just can't get through the day, i realize that i am trying to handle all this on my own, and i cannot do it. i don't have to. God has asked us many times to turn our cares over to Him to bear for us, and handle. if we will just do that, we will find peace and comfort.

these are my beliefs, and i, too, hope i have not offended anyone.

jackiemax

Well said

Jackie, well said! I could try, but, could not say it any better.

Prayer

Jackie, I think you said it very well. I don't know why God puts us sometimes thru the trials and tribulations we have to endure, but I believe he has a reason for everything. And if we put our trust and faith in him, he will help us to endure. As for as a miracle healing, nothing is impossible for our God. I've had many people ask me how come some people are healed and others not, the only answer I have for this is it's all in Gods will. But there's one thing for sure, if you know Jesus Christ as you savior, we have a better day coming. I pray to that this does not offend anyone to, but this is just the way I believe. Billy,

All I can say is AMEN to what you have all said. The beautiful part of believing in God and knowing Jesus Christ as our Lord and Saviour is we don't have to fear death!

But I can honestly say I am not looking forward to the process of death. I have really had a couple of bad days with breathing issues and major leg muscle cramping, last night was particularly bad - not fun at all. BUT MY HEART IS TOTALLY CALM AND AT PEACE. I am truely thankful for this! I pray that all of will be healed from this horrible disease.

May Gods love be with everyone today!

cyberhart said:
and accept christ as our savour

Cyberhart - I know you did not mean to offend anyone - but how could you not?

So Jews, Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists, etc are pretty much out of luck

Isn't this spiritual blackmail? "I'll help you - but only if you abandon any other belief system"

And if everything is according to God's plan - by praying for some specific outcome aren't you questioning God's plan? - and doesn't that show a lack of faith in God's wisdom? It may make sense to pray for wisdom and understanding - but to pray for a specific outcome that only benefits you seems pretty selfish - there are a lot of people worse off than us - why don't you pray for the 11 year old Thai girl who was kidnapped, chained to a bed and forced into prostitution for fat Western tourists

I know this woman who is the kindest woman I've ever encountered - she is always taking in people, helping homeless people, getting people medical help - whenever prayer is mentioned to her she says she has no time for prayer - she is too busy trying to do as much as she can to help others.

This world might be a better place if people spent less time praying and more time doing - to try and help others.

"God helps those who help themselves" or should that be "who help others".

Maybe topics like this are best kept to PMs or church groups.

rcharlton said:
Cyberhart - I know you did not mean to offend anyone - but how could you not?

So Jews, Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists, etc are pretty much out of luck

Isn't this spiritual blackmail? "I'll help you - but only if you abandon any other belief system"

And if everything is according to God's plan - by praying for some specific outcome aren't you questioning God's plan? - and doesn't that show a lack of faith in God's wisdom? It may make sense to pray for wisdom and understanding - but to pray for a specific outcome that only benefits you is also pretty selfish - there are a lot of people worse off than us - why don't you pray for the 11 year old Thai girl who was kidnapped, chained to a bed and forced into prostitution for fat Western tourists

I know this woman who is the kindest woman I've ever encountered - she is always taking in people, helping homeless people, getting people medical help - whenever prayer is mentioned to her she says she has no time for prayer - she is too busy trying to do as much as she can to help others.

This world might be a better place if people spend less time praying and more time doing - and helping others.

Maybe topics like this are best kept to PMs or church groups.
Personally, I don't see any problem with a person of ANY faith coming here and stating what gives him/her the strength to carry on.

If you don't believe, then you don't. No big deal. But why respond in an adversial manner...why then, respond at all to this thread? Perhaps, as you said, you should have pmed.

Religion is a hot topic. I found it interesting, when reading the thread, that a few people felt it was proper to state that 'they hope they didn't offend anyone'. We live in such a PC world, don't we? (I'm not being critical, just pointing to something I thought was a little funny...in my mind anyway)

I'm of a belief that there is one God. Jesus was so in touch with God that he was the Christ. We should live according to how Jesus lived, how he demonstrated and taught, just as we should follow the examples of Mohammed the prophet, Buddha the awakened one and other leaders that taught love and the way of God.

My beliefs make me comfortable and at peace, some don't believe what I do and that's fine.

Cyberhart, thanks for starting this thread! It made me think and thank God for the day!

Cheers!

Jesus taught us to Love each other. He did not say Christians only. That is why so many of us adore Him and follow Him. In our hearts and in our gut, we know what is good and what is right. Sometimes we all have to be reminded and need to be less self-righteous, and yes I include myself. God will bless ALL of us.

The topic of how to cope comes up frequently on this forum. Some believe that attracting good things to us will help, some stress a positive attitude is important, and some rely on their faith. And what works for one, another may not be ready to accept.

But we're OK as a group as long as we understand that, don't you think?

PS. Spring has finally arrived in my part of the world. The birds are chirping and the sun is warm. It is hard not to be fillled with joy and gratefulness regardless of what Power we believe made this day possible. I think I will go outside and get a little sun!

Cindy

i believe in god and i believe if you truly live your life for him and only him so that you may go to hevan when the time comes that you can be healed without a dout.

I guess we have to stay away from politics and religions,some people are alittle sensitive God bless :mrgreen:

In the family I grew up in, introducing politics or religion was a sure-fire way to start the fireworks! We must have been fun to have as neighbors, if you catch my drift! :-D

Faith . . .

Cyberhart,

If any offense was taken from your posting about Jesus who died on the cross for EVERYONE I hope you understand that you are not to blame for it. Sometimes I think people chose to 'take offense' and try to stop the discussion rather than looking within to examine why they feel so offended. What is offensive about sharing with others the hope you've found in your faith?

I wanted to briefly share the experience I had with my friend who had ALS for more than four years. I traveled the journey of ALS with my friend from the first symptom until her last breath on this earth just five months ago. We were both Christians and prayed often that she would be healed from the awful disease that is ALS. A few of the many other things we prayed for included, that she would live to see her daughter graduate high school, that she would not loose her voice, and that she would be able to stay at home throughout the rest of her life. Our daily prayer was that God would provide exactly what was needed for that day. Guess what . . . He did.

Linda was not healed before she died but she and I both knew that the moment she left this earth she was fully healed and in heaven with the Lord. She did live long enough to see her daughter graduate high school and almost complete her first year of college, she was able to speak -- though difficult to understand at the end-- up until the time she died and she never spent a single night in the hospital. God met Linda's needs on a daily basis showing His love for her in so many different ways. He gave me the strength I needed to lift and carry her which allowed her to maintain a fairly normal daily life. We went shopping, to lunch, to bible study and even took a trip to New York City with our daughters. Linda lived her life with a strong faith based upon the Bible and trusting in Jesus as her savior. She died a beautiful and peaceful death without suffering because God provided exactly what she needed through the services of hospice. Yes, I did say a beautiful and peaceful death . . . something I'd have never believed possible except for the fact that I was there and held her hand and stroked her brow until her last breath.

There were ten or twelve others around her bed as she passed from this life and entered into eternity. Since that time I've heard from most of them that because of what they saw and experienced with Linda during her illness and at her death they are not afraid to die.

I hope no one takes offense to what I've written it's simply my experience.

God bless,
Jeanne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back