Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope you hub is feeling better soon Aly! You are also in my thoughts and prayers Toots!

Helen ;) We even have seagulls in our Walmart parking lot here in the Rockies! No big water here!

Thanks guys. Mart, it's my 12 year old that's sick ( not my big 12 year old ):)
Helen , is life quiet with your boys away? I read about the alarm not going off and the money left behind. I would have sat down and cried. Your are one heck if a strong lady.

Tomorrow I go shopping! Here I come.............UK shops will not know what's hit them!

Love and sweet dreams

Oops! Wrong kid in my mind it seems. Well, I hope your son feels better soon Aly! xoxo!

Hey Y'all,

Hot ad H**L herr. Yedtreday it wsa 105* & ecem witjh the AC om in tjhe van mu shiert was soaled. Limdsau teaedsed me abuot worlimg out.

Aly, Hopr Sam gers bertter quivlky. & I kmow U tauhgt him 2 sjhare but thhis is 1 thimg hje doem;t need 2 shjare!

Li9mdsay wemt 4 am imtreview 2dau. Sjhe devietde 2 stop colledge BC tjhe wcholership $ is gome &
Phjarmacu schiol is $40,000 per uyr. Sjhe figuires worl 2 yurs sace thje $ thje use it 4 schjool. & withj 0oour ecomomy in tjhje toiiet right now, all collfe grads arem't fimdimg j0ons.

Poor Courtmey & Janmes still hjacem't foumd amu & James grad. 2 1/2 yrus & Courtmeu grad 1/2 uyr ago. Amybdu wamt 2 hire aUSC grad W/ chem eng defree? Or Landre Unic W/ a fimamce & market deg(this is Jamee4ws deg) Willl relvate!

Both C & J R worklimg as Phjarmacu tecjhs but pau is too loew! & James jhas $30,00- in stidemt loams.

Hi Kimberly and all you sweethearts,
My nephew took his chem degree and headed to law school. No one was hiring at that time. Now his student loans are in the 100,000 range. Luckily Johnson and Johnson hired him for 150,000 a year. Not too shabby but it will take him years to pay it off.
Well, today I shlepped back to USF (1 hour each way) because my ekg couldn't be read by the cardio. I was so worried my heart rate was up in the high 90's. Now it's a waiting game if I qualify for the Dex trial. The nurse said my heart is fine, the research moderator said it was fine, the computer said normal sinus rhythm, but the cardio said unreadable. I'm miffed. Back Aug 1st, if I qualify.
Anyway, I hope everyone is having a nice Wednesday.
Susan

I hear you Kimberly! Kids can't catch a break now days. It used to be that if you got a good education you were pretty much assured a good job. Not now days. I just wonder what the future holds for them. It's a whole different world than what we're used to lemme tell ya.

Susan poor Susan! I'll keep my fingers crossed that nothing gets in your way!

Today is another hot one here too although it's pretty low humidity which helps.

Love and good cheer to you all!

Marta

Marta,giobe me a recopr 4 a good stiff 1 (I meam a ddrimk not a man).

LOL! I think I'll join you Sweet Lady! 6:00 Mountain time I'm going to raise my glass to you. That will be 9:00 your time though won't it. Too late for you? I hate to drink alone. :)

Heck ladies, We're all looking for a good stiff one :)

Job interview went well. Hopefully will get called back for a second interview. Lots and lots of people there for ONE part time position. This was posted on Craigslist 10 days ago, and they held interviews one day only from 1 to 5 pm. I was there at 2:30 and there were 10 people ahead of me. One point I made in the interview was how dependable I am, and realize that being late for work is not an option. He said that was good to hear, as they have been having a lot of problems with employees being late all the time. At my last job, I trained a girl who used to work for these people, and she was an older white chick like me. I got laid off my last job for being "an older white chick" along with 4 other gals about my age. They kept the Hispanic , Russian, and HOT young white chicks!

I hope you get it. It's sounds good!

Good luck! Fingers crossed on my good hand! ;)

and who says age discrimination isn't alive and well in the U.S.? Hubby used to be a bartender for a long time when I met him, it would be impossible for him to get a job now, as he isn't in his 20s/30s anymore. Not that being an alcoholic would help his case! :)

It's amazing to me how much information is stored away in our brains that employers don't seem to think necessary... they'd rather have someone texting all the time!

I want my youngest son to go to trade school, and become an electrician or plumber or something along that line... more and more hi-tech in that field, and they always have to fix something! My daughter wants to go to NYU for voice, I don't see that happening... and my middle son, he's either going to be some great chef, or find the cure for us all...

Your HOT weather is heading our way tomorrow and Friday... going to be 100 on Friday! Thank God for AC and fans (and LOTS of trees!)

I think I'll join you for that stiff drink!

its beer-thirty!

Oh, also- today is day one with no cigs. I also fast-walked for 2.5 miles and used an Eliptical machine for awhile. So yay for me.

Last edited:
Liz, that's great! Just don't start walking all those miles in 100° temps, we don't need you keeling over too! :)

Are you coming to Massachusetts this summer? You still have that invite from me, and you can take your daughter if you want to... No one's buying my house and I have 5+ bedrooms!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back