Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since we all know how hot it is and has been. Let's have sun tea, shall we?

Back in the 60's when I graduated, 1969, Woodstock, one of the most popular things
you could hear the educated (college) group saying; "The sun isn't yellow,
it is chicken." Get it? If that were the case, no sun tea.,..

I have sun tea with my chinese food. Almost all of the cooks are on a first name basis
with me. They don't care if you like them or not. There name is "so sue me."
Don't start with the chinese names. :)

Jim

Diane, its in the high 80's here in my town, hotter in Boston, cooler on the Cape and the islands (Nantucket and Martha's Vineyard)... Humidity sucks, but there is a nice breeze. Supposed to be nasty ol' 100's by Friday though.... can't wait to see my next electric bill.

Joyce, heard it was in the 60's this morning in Seward, AK... hope it stays nice weather there!

OK all! Need lots of good thoughts and prayers today. Starting the job search, and the restaurant I want to work for is holding interviews today from 1pm to 5pm. They are only open from 6am to 2pm, and I love serving breakfast. Les usually sleeps during the day, so it would be perfect for me. Actually perfect would be if the VA didn't cut us off, but that is not going to happen!

Lori, I'm sending thoughts of good luck to you for your interview. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for your success!

Jo

Sending good thoughts and wishes to you Lori... visualize yourself working there....

Contact your congressman about the VA!

Helen

Good job getting thoughts headed your way Lori! Good luck!

Morning ladies and gents!

Beautiful day here today, Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Lori I hope the job interview goes well for you.

I'll take an ICED tea also, my favorite is rosehip tea mixed with applejuice...yummmmmmy!

Good luck Lori! You know Als sucks enough, but when you have to work your butt off to pay bills and stay afloat it really sucks. I come home so tired, I could probably gp to bed now, course that isn't happening.

Poor tired Baby Girl. I hope you get some rest soon Dear One.

Good luck Lori, Good wishes sent your way!

sadiemae,

Why the problems with the VA? Contacting the Congressman is a good answer, but it may take to long.
Just wondered. I have a lot of experience with them. We received a great amount of money and support.

We will help if we can. Prayers on this line is a given. I don't mean anyone should take them for granted.
But, you can consider it done. I pray for all of you every day. We do need to pray specifically. Not for
God's sake, but for our sake. If we don't specifically pray, then we won't know when we get a specific
answer. A coincidence is a situation where God wish's to remain anonymous. :)

If you are looking for a job, just begin to thank him for it. It is like when you are out in the middle of the
lake and the motor stops. Pray, but row for shore. :) It is His will for us to provide for ourselves, if we can.

He feeds the birds, he does not throw worms down their throat. On and on we can go, faith is the substance
of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. You go fishing for moby dick, take the tarter sauce.

I am not being to simplistic, but a little child who knows my Father would have me to be as wise as a
serpent, but harmless as a dove. Ask, keep on asking, seek, keep on seeking, knock, keep on knocking.
Persevere, my Father is my first resource, not my last resort. He loves me, He chastises me, He brings
the remedy for my problems.

Thanks for letting me vent. I forgot which forum I was in, pour me another cup.

Walk with the King today and be a blessing.

Jim

That was just what we needed Jim. Thanks! :)

Thanks Jim, good reminder that God helps those who help themselves... I like the analogy of the boat in the middle of the lake, that's probably how we all feel at times.

Hi all. Hope everything is just dandy with y'all. Hope the job stuff goes ok Lori.
It's not rained much today and we have just arrived at a little place called ilfracombe. I remember my parents bringing me here when I was 12, so it was a good place to stop for the night. We are a bit tired of the car and I walked a big hill so am knackered. Sam unfortunately Is I'll and has a fever. Hopefully it will not be too bad and better tomorrow. I am a bit homesick, just a week more :). We head to bath then Cardiff, where Paul is meeting a couple of neurologists about his thesis. It was in Cardiff that he did the original research. Finally we finish with 4 days in London then home. Pauls staying on in the Netherlands.

The seagulls are making a racket, so we must be near the sea. I will go for a short walk and see what's about.
You are always in my thoughts and prayers Aly

Hi Aly, good to hear from you! Hope Sam is feeling better soon.

Seagulls? either near the ocean or a Walmart parking lot! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back