Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he remade it in the 70's... I was in middle/high school. I think that video was way older.

goodness, i certainly started another trashy conversation with my dongle. Thanks to Ann and Peter for putting everything straight! no pun intended :)

its been pouring all day, in fact for 2 days. We tried to walk on Datmoor, but got soaked. I found some prehistoric standing stones and stone circle as well as a neolithic burial chamber which was fascinating. lUCKILY THEY WERE NEXT TO THE ROAD. gOT soaked anyway. If the weather continues to be bad, we mqay give up the cornwall idea and head for Cardiff. I got to drive today, hubby was tired and his back was hurting. I love driving, so was happy beghind the wheel.

We are staying in a small town called St Austell in Cornwall.

I hope alls still Ok with you all, and dongles are not causing a problem for any of you. Just poke them in and they work just fine. :0

aly

Well, I learned something new today! Dongle, I learned Aly's husband and Peter have one :)
Have to go back for the Dexi trial on Wednesday. The blood didn't clot from Friday's draw and I had to get stuck again. Go back on Wednesday for the pill and strength test.
I hope everyone is having a nice Monday.
Susan

Awww, Susan, so sorry this is taking longer than expected! Not to mention blood not clotting! That doesn't sound good. I meant to ask about dongles--my serious half knows about techie things.

Helen--I thought the song was WAY earlier than 1972, which is when I believe that video was made.

Hi Anne, maybe it was his comeback song? I thought he remade it, but don't know for sure. Any Chuck Berry fans out there?

Susan, are you taking aspirin or anything that would prevent your blood from clotting? They have the opposite problem with me; the nurse came to the house on Sat for the 1 month check-in, and couldn't find a good vein: the first one didn't want to bleed, so I got stuck in the other arm as well. And she apologized and said I would end up with bruises from the needles... which are very colorful! I told someone that you'd think I'd lose some weight if I was shooting up! :) Good luck on Wed.

Aly, sorry to hear 'bout all that rain... hmmm, England... rain? Who knew? :)

My boys are probably about a half hour or so from landing in Anchorage right now... they ALMOST MISSED their ride, I nodded off at 1:30 am, and even though I had the alarm on, it wasn't until the phone rang that I woke up. The alarm didn't go off! We made it with a minute to spare, only to find out that the older one hadn't put his money in his backpack... and there was no time to get it, I didn't have my purse (or shoes). So he's going to have to share with his younger brother, and I'm going to have to try to see who he can borrow $100+ from for the next 11 days! I was so stressed I didn't get to sleep until 5:30.

Wow Helen! What a story. Are the meals provided or do they have to buy them? They'll have a great time. Lucky kids. We got the sprinkler in the backyard in the summer.
I take Tylenol for my shoulder and that's it. It was a hour ride there and back to get stuck 2x. I saw stars the first time because my veins roll. She called in the phlebotomist and Voila! one try, no pain! Now I have 3 bruises. One from Fri and 2 from today.
Take care all! Going to rustle up some dinner.

Whew! I couldn't post from work because I didn't want to Google a Dongle! I thought I had a handle on dongle and then Peter had to mention his 3rd one! ;) I must say, have tea with you all is always stimulating! LOL!

Susan, sorry about the coagulation SNAFU. I hope all goes well next time! xoxo!

Missed you Aly Girl! Glad your dongle is in the pink!

Love to Ann, Liz, Susan & Susan, Helen, Peter, Kim, Jim and Joni Pie!

The funny thing about dongles and men and Peter, is that the word "peter" is also another nickname for a dongle- or in my world... a weenie. LOL.

Liz, Lol! I missed that one!

Susan- I think you and me will get along greatly! LOL

Yes, everything is paid for, except for extra food (ice cream, treats, etc) and souvenirs, and the food on travel days. I think they've rented at least 7 Suburbans, and a trailer for their gear. All this for less than $900 per boy, as they got not only the stipend that all the scouts got, but also a scholarship.

Also includes sea kayaking, camping/hiking in 3 different national/state parks, mountain biking, and the big surprise: white water rafting... they usually go in Maine every year, but going in Alaska as well? Very cool, but I MISS THEM! (But not the bickering) I've attached a photo that was taken of them and posted on their blog at the Anchorage Airport, I think my boys are right in the middle of the photo (the younger one has the watch on his right arm, the older one is next to him on the right - I think!)

You're right, they are incredibly lucky that they're on this trip... we got a sprinkler in the front yard, and snuck down to the reservoir to go fishing!

Attachments

• Off to Baggage-Anchorage-2.jpg
    Off to Baggage-Anchorage-2.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 129
Does anyone care for tea? You all have been talking about dunkin dongles. Maybe start a chain?
I know I missed out on all the conversation, however, I learned something new also.

Hope everyone with tests and examinations does well. Travel mercies for everyone.

Enjoy a cup of your favorite tea, see you in the morning.

Jim

Well, I have wasted some time today on Chuck Berry (forgive my wording), but he was performing in the late 50s and early 60s ("Maybelline" and "Johnny Be Good"--which I've probably heard on PBS fund drives far too many times), but his only top 40s song was indeed in 1972--Ding-a-Ling.

And, my laptop has a dong. :)

Jim,

Wil; U serce plauin 1's or 1's W/ Sprtimkles, Jimnmies, poowdred sugfar...etv?

Kim, good to see you again! Ann, did we keep you out of trouble by getting you busy doing Chuck Berry research? :)

I do believe I'll go for some ice tea, and left over birthday cake! Diet, what diet? I think the Dex trial med is making me gain weight, only bad side effect so far... if I even have the real thing of course, otherwise I have to take total blame for those extra 10 pounds the last few months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back