Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joni,
My Maltese can clear out a room! :)

Kim- thats what the garage is for.

Liz,

Thanks for reminding me about the garage - lots of room to smoke stogies there!

Dont forget the brandy! Maybe some Poker. And sandwiches... mmmmmm. Except brandy is gross but I will let that one slide.

I don't know if I've ever had brandy, myself. Just something I've noted in some old westerns (stogies with brandy).

Really? You've never had it? I dont like any dark liquor. Whats your drink of choice?

I started out snitching a jigger of scotch from my parents half gallon of Cutty Sark when I was still just a kid (about 8th grade) to dump it in a glass of Pepsi. Graduated to drinking beer only and became a tea-totaler for decades. Just recently started to sip on red wines a bit to help lower cholesterol (ahem....)

Give me a small sip of Merlot! Haven't had any wine for several weeks now, though.

How about a Brandy Alexander? Yummm
I personally like Malibu and pineapple juice. I don't think I can partake on the Dexie trial.

How 'bout those chinese drinks? Personal favorite is a Mai Tai, or Scorpion Bowl... and Susan, you can have moderate alcohol on the Dex trial, just no benders! So knock that off! :)

Anyone ever have a Pearl Harbor? Rum, Midori and Pineapple juice...

Of course, I'm a lightweight since I've had kids, the most I usually have now is a huge glass of cranberry juice mixed with OJ and a shot of Peachtree Schnapps...

Now your talking Helen!

I think we should move over to the pub forum for this line of thinking! :)

I hope you ladies aren't thinking of spiking the tea now here huh?....hmmmm. Here I thought you were all a bunch of tea toadlers...LOL

hello all! Finally read up on all your chatter here! Been 4 pages since I last came in! Helen your boys will have a great time. Just be sure to pack lots of extra socks and raingear!

Ok gotta tell you all a story that really happened today. It stopped raining yesterday and today was a beautiful 'deck' day for me. Spent most of my day outside recouperating from a sinus cold. Anyway, this evening I went back out on the deck an noticed one of the resident squirrels had gotten up on my bird feeders and was systematically digging all the seed out of the trough onto the ground. This was the second time this has happened and the first time I didn't see how they got up there to do it as the feeders hang on a rod iron shephards hook. But they skimmy up that thin smooth surface anyway. I was going to put vasaline on the pole to prevent them from doing it but haven't remembered to buy any while I was at the store.

Anyhow here was this male squirrel which my lil one has dubbed Hammy, making a mess. I clapped my hands and yelled, but that didn't detour Hammy from his perch on the birdfeeder. He just stared at me with a glaring look as if to say "Can't a squirrel get a little peace and quiet around here?" So down the 3 steps I go (and not vary quickly I might add) still whooping at Hammy. He didn't budge but rather braced himself for a battle with bushed out tail and cheek full of seeds. So I get to my small ponds edge, just about 12 feet from where Hammy is and I pick up a small rock and toss it at him. The rock went way wide and very short of its mark and splashed in the pond.

At first Hammy looked at where the rock landed, then I kid you not...he looked back at me with an amuzed look on his face! Flustered but not dismayed I picked up another bigger rock...but then decided I should go smaller because I didn't want to kill the poor guy. Now you have to know on a side note...I use to have a fastball pitch and very accurate arm on me in my younger days, that made many a men hands hurt, so to have lost my ability to throw a rock 12 feet to hit a target was a little disturbing. However in my endevour I was bound to knock that smug little squirrel off my bird feeder!

Rock 2 and 3 both went wide in opposite sides of the feeder. By this time, Hammy chattered at me and if I didn't know better I bet he was actually laughing at me in squirrel laughter. So I grabbed rock 4, and although my arm was fatiguing, I let her rip! It sailed with grace in an arc pattern and landed squarely between Hammy's laughing eyes! What happened next was the funniest thing I had seen in a long time and I am still giggling as I type it out! Hammy took a flying leap forward off the birdfeeder and landed in the pond! If you thought cats had bad reactions to water...well all I can say is that squirrel turned into "Rocky the flying squirrel" when he hit that water! He swam to the edge and flew out of the water and over the 6 foot retaining wall that holds my pond up on the side of a hill. Then up a tree and he sat there looking all scrawny shaking his little paws and licking himself.

I really didn't feel sorry for him...but we will see if he comes around digging at my bird feeders again! I need to remember to put vasaline on my shopping list!
Anyway..thought you all would enjoy the story...it really was hysterically funny when it happened all at once!

Joyce, what a story, I could envision the whole thing. I lol. My mother who had just passed away in May
she was (88) used to grease her pole to keep her little guy out of the bird feed. You reminded me of
that very same thing. It is sooooo funny. Thanks for taking the time to pound that out.

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back