Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caroline....I had a hysterectomy when I was 40, just after lil one was born. By 43 they put me on synthetic estrogen. It helped with the hot flashes and all but 6 months into it I had a stroke. BE CAREFUL! I stopped the taking the hormon and outside of a few residual 'tia's' (mini strokes) in the few months that followed, I have not had anymore strokes.

I started taking suppliments regimin that I got at the store and were specifically made for menopause. They actually lowered the amount of hot flashes and night sweats. I stopped them long time ago but here it is 10 years later and I still get night sweats. Not hotflashes anymore, just night sweats. So please be careful about jumping on that band wagon of hormones. Natural is better, or at least brings it to bareable!

Marta- he is doing ok now.
As for me, Im still very shaken up over it all.
I think some BIG changes need to happen.

I was just sipping my tea when I read Ann's post.

BTW, too much testosterone is the absolute pits. All wives should have it for a day...! Husbands would bless you for it.

Call me stupid, but if Husbands would be blessed, I want to know what it is? I suppose if I read back far enough

I would get a clue, but no time for that, so please explain. I am married, my wife had a hyst. at 55, but she still

freezes me out at night. Mild case, but she leaves the TV on also. Three strikes we go to intense fellowship. :)

Curious, Jim

I don't take hormones either, too much can happen taking them, so I guess I will just have to sweat. Hey you know the dog beds they have that stay cool for several hours. I have actually thought about trying to get one and put it up under the fitted sheet. I have a customer who's dog has one, and I stepped on it one day, it really was cool. Just a thought...I have way too may of them most days. Liz what happened to your pals?

The best thing about sleeping alone in a king size bed is rolling over to that nice cold spot when you wake up sweating to death! :)

Although half the time I do find a kid over there...

the worst thing about sleeping alone... well you know what that is, but the second worst is: when it's winter and you can't find a warm spot in bed! I have about 6 pillows around me then, which also help when I can't get comfortable...

Helen we have a king, but the dogs hog the bed, and naturally one sleeps at my back, the other one at my front. That surely does not help. i am constantly hunting them cool spots too though:0

Joni- the exhalation tube on his vent disconnected and no alarm sounded. the people there with him didnt notice. his lips and hands turned blue and he passed out. luckily his mom figured it out. i got over there as soon as possible. he was coherant (sp?) but scared. he said he felt like he wasnt getting enough O2 so i switched him from the concentrator to regular O2, thinking this might be better. after about an hour, he was ok- slight headache. but if they hadnt figured it out as quick as they did.....

Scared the living shit out of me. Sometimes, because my PALS cannot get any worse off- i forget that one day he will die. Talk about a slap in the face as a reminder! I shook for 2 days after this... very nervous and all. Finding that im not so comfortable being away from him anymore.

Liz, beer helps the nerves sometimes. ;) That was some scary stuff Dear.

Joni, I've got a hubby and two kitty girls that like to touch while sleeping. Hot, hot, hot and not in a good way!

I'm leaving for MI tomorrow morning to spend some time with Mom and 3 sisters and some friends and back Sunday evening. I'll be checking in though!

Love to you all!

Marta

thankyou ann and joyce for your advice.
joyce i could never take the pill when i did once i developed a blood clot,as well before i had opp they tried me on hormones for the endometriosis and i had bad side effects.
i know my mum was on the patches but had to keep having a break from them.
so thats my dilema i need something but minimal risk,i have read about many herbal suppliments but dont know which ones really work......it would be a bit expensive to try them all out.
the female doctor i saw was rubbish but my personal gp is a man lol,we have well women clinics here maybe i could see someone there.
thank you both of you.

Liz, I practiced with Eddie to see how long he is able to stay off his vent. He has gone 15 minutes.
Having said that, we have a little bicycle horn we put in his hand. He can squeeze it if he needs us
for any reason. Anyway, glad you were able to rectify the situation.

Helen, thanks for the PM. Freezing me out meant, wanting the A/C on. :) She is very warm and
cuddly, being diabetic, my feet are sometimes cold and she does warm them for me. I want a foot
rub, so I rub her feet and she reciprocates. As was said earlier, I make the coffee in the morning
because I get up so early. She says men only have two problems. Everything we say and
everything we do.......:)

I knew a women who went to her lawyer and told him she wanted a divorce. He said, do you
have grounds? She said; Yes we have several acres. No, no, I mean, does he beat you up?
She said; No, I get up before he does. Mame, do you have a grudge? No, we have a car-port.
Lady, what is your problem? She said; He says we cannot communicate. :)

According to Dr. Phil Communication is 90 some percent body language, and some 10
percent verbal. Go figure.

God love us all,

Jim

Jim, Dr. Phil learned that from his wife, obviously, LOL. Yes, communication is not all verbal whatsoever! Good thing, from my point of view now. I do need my husband to look at me, whereas he's watching what he's doing, and he's always doing--except during dinner. We still communicate while eating together.

Jim, testosterone gives men their sex drive. I had no idea how miserable guys had it. If women are given too much, they can also become aggressive and demanding--some lawyers took extra for court days. Ugh.

Good one Jim!
How is everyone today? Nina is off to Clearwater beach with her friends family so it's a quiet house.
A question for you all. Did anyone go off gluten?
A big pile of ironing awaits me :) A mom's work is never done!
Susan

Have a good trip Marta! Liz I bet that did scare the crap out of you! At least you know how to handle some of these things that happen. I am scared that I won't be able to see about Bruce well. I don't know anything about Bipaps, tubes, or any of these things..Hope I can learn..

Joni- you will learn. And I dont really know a whole lot- just got lucky. But I pay VERY close attention to my PALS. I know his facial expressions and always know when something isnt right, even if he hasnt told me. I think it sort of pisses him off sometimes because sometimes he's just crabby and doesnt plan to tell me whats up- but I tell him that I know somethings going on and then he has to spill! LOL. Sometimes he looks at me like "how the hell did you know that?". And lots of times he can just look at me and I know what he wants/needs. Its all very tiring being this aware of things.

I sure miss our Aly and Kimberley. And Im really missing Avril. Hope they all come back to us soon.

[/Jim, testosterone gives men their sex drive. I had no idea how miserable guys had it. If women are given too much, they can also become aggressive and demanding--some lawyers took extra for court days. Ugh. QUOTE]

way way too much information ann:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back