Diagnosis
05/2011
Country
US
State
Florida
City
Jacksonville Beach
Not a good day. Lots of tears. Ted is getting our boat ready for sale.

Our lifeline to all the beautiful views and wildlife on the waterway that we enjoyed each week. I'm trying to concentrate on the 30 years God gave us to experience these amazing things but it is still heartbreaking

Am going to sit outside for awhile. I will be okay as soon as I calm down.

Oh how I can relate to this! I used to be an avid camper, hiking all over wilderness areas up and down mountains...now all my camping gear is sold. I can only walk about a block before I feel like I am going to collapse, so I now have a scooter that I run around on. These kind of transitions are very difficult...but the way i try to handle it, after going thru the grief of letting go...is to give God thanks for all the memories I have of the camping and hiking...I want to praise Him for all He has given to me, not dwell on what I no longer can do...Life is really short, and I do want to live it to the fullest. I know you too will grieve thru this spot in your journey, and then cherish the memories of a good and fulfilling life on the water together! How many people even get to do this in their lives?

But yes, cry your tears, and thank you for sharing with us...as we all go thru these transitions together we give one another courage! Let us praise God for giving us such beautiful memories, that we can revisit in our hearts and minds at anytime. I have taken up journaling about my camping escapades, telling the memories and adding photos...creating scap books that my family and friends can enjoy.

I am sending you a great BIG (((((HUG))))

magpuff,we all understand and have had to give things up that we loved...........mine was my beautifull big garden,i lived gardening,had to move to disabled accomodation with just a tiny communial garden.
(((hugs))) from me,caroline.

Oh Magpuff, I am so sorry, it is heartbreaking..I will have to make that desicion real soon myself. Don't know how I will do it either. My son has just gotten it all fixed with new motors and ready but I have never even been able to enjoy it but 2 short times.
Try and remember all the goodtimes you had ..... hoping it will bring a smile your face.((HUG))

I'm sorry and understand. I had to give up dancing. This was hard because it was the longest commitment I had made to anything in my life...21 years. Tap was my outlet...I have had to find another that is more suitable to my physical condition...at the moment...playing cards is working quite well :) Hope you find that 'other' escape, whatever it may be...soon.

My PALS sobbed when he had to sell his boat too. He used to fish almost every day.
He also sobbed when he had to sell his classic cars.

So sorry. Wish there were something I could actually do for you.

I know we all have to give everything up but it is so hard when you sit here and actually "feel" good enough to get up and do whatever you want. It's just the body that says no and not the mind. I went out in the yard for awhile and watched the hummingbirds. My serenity is back and I am ready for the next challenge. Thanks for all of your thoughts and encouragements.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back