Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
GOOd Morning all! After reading all the posts I'm sooo hungry for crepes with strawberriesand whipped cream..yummm! When I was growing up we always had a Sunday treat for dinner it was waffles with ice cream and chocolate sauce! Love that to this day.. I have taught my grandkids so it is now officialy a family tradition! Glad to see everyone is doing good,
Ann ,that husband of your sounds like he never stops building or something, how wonderful!
Helen, I too try to do a bit in the garden when I can, makes me feel so much better
Susan, never heard of Key West crepes but they sound delicious!
AK, i hope your little one gets better real soon.

Hi everyone,

today the weather is just right -- 80° with a cool breeze and little humidity. My feet look like and are pink rather than black for a change. :)

Joyce, I know what you mean about crowds tiring you out. I'm finding that a house full of B&B guests along with the normal housekeeper, a hospice aide, hospice RN, and friends who stop by, I often feel like I have done a full day's work before noon. I always enjoyed the comings and goings of people in the summertime but this year it just wears me out. I guess I should take a lesson from Ann and post visiting hours and Times on my front door!

I never was much of a gardener but have been fortunate to have work campers here for the past six years who took care of the lawn and flower bed. This year, they didn't come so the flowers and the weeds are fighting to see who can take over the gardens quicker. Since I can't see them from the house it doesn't bother me so much but when we ride by them on our way out I cringe. The flower boxes on the decks are doing nicely but only because my housekeeper and Tim can water them and can snip off the dead petunias.

Ann, I was glad for you that the hospice RN is so compassionate. I'm sure that it is a good feeling to have someone who understands the disease. And it's great that Phil has so many projects and time to do them all. Tim has projects but never seems to have the time that it takes to complete them. I just finished the book where the main character, a man, had what the wife called "cloud dreams". He was a woodworker and always had grandiose ideas for what he could do but never seemed to get around to doing them because he was too busy just doing the regular ordinarystuff! That's what happens around here. :)

Tim is outside weed whacking today and by the time he gets that done it will be time to mow the lawn again! As for me, I am trying to stay busy catching up on e-mails and posts here on the forum. And, depending upon the number of errors that have to be corrected from dragonspeak will determine how long I keep at it before resorting to the Kindle and a good book.

Last edited:
Diane I know the feeling of weeds, this is the first year that I have not put flowers out around my pool and porches, decks. They still have dead flowers in them from last year. Just can't seem to put much thought in them this year. Oh well. Bruce tries to still cut our grass with the riding mower, but that even waers him out. Ann, Diane, Joyce, Marta Helen, and I know I forgot some names, but:) wishing you all a good monday!

Well, I am back Ladies, & Jim,

I guess I needed some time to figure out what is happening here. As I told a few of you, I intercepted a letter meant for my doctor. So go ahead & shoot me I opened it. Call the FBI, what can they do to me?....Put me in jail where I can get 3 meals a day, free medicare & no one to bother me for a while. Sounds like my kind of vacation!

Well, it wasn't very good news; I had beem figuring on but just wasn't ready to hear it.. I guess that's what everyone must say. So, while I am down in the dumps, I wanted to let you know I am around just not my fun self! I have missed you my family & I thank you for the notes & words of encouragement.

Will let U know when I know more.

With Much Love & prayers,

Oh please, R9icjared I didm't sau amythimg bad! I pronise!

Hi Kimberly,
Glad your back. I hope all is well :)

Kimberly,
I saw that you were moderated. I'm sorry your down in the dumps.
I would have opened it too, so slap my hand next.
Take care,
Susan

Kim, I'm sorry to hear that you obviously got bad news... and I probably would have done the same thing. It's like when I was pregnant, if all the medical staff knew the sex of the baby #2 and #3, I might as well know it too! (I didn't find out on #1, they weren't sure either).

It doesn't matter what news you just received you know... you're exactly the same person you were the day before you found out your news as you are now. The ONLY thing that is different is information and/or data that your tests showed. YOU are still the same. And you're a wonderful friend to all of us here, and we're not ready to let you go away from us! Love you lots, and sending you prayers and hugs!

Helen

Kimberly Honey, Helen is so right. Everything is exactly the same as it was before you read the letter. You're just the same sweet woman we know and love so very much. Wish I could give you a great big for real hug.
Love you,
Marta

Last edited:
Kimberley- I love the hell out of you whether youve got a cold or malaria... i know you know we do. its very hard to swallow and digest bad news. we get it babe. but you take your time and we will all be here waiting for you.

very quiet here today. what the heck?

Liz, I just read you had a big scare with your PALS! Is he doing okay now? Are you okay now? Sheesh! So frightening!

hello ladies ,just dropped in to see you.............i like my tea strong with no suger,thankyou.

despite our rubbish british weather today i have been feeling alot better.
ironing was the order of the day,we had hardly no clothes in the wardrobes or drawers.............so i pushed my self doing half hour at a time then resting then doing some more and so on and so on...........it helped having celine dion playing full blast and singing along.
i am crippled but content and happy i got it done.

those of you ladies aahhem! "old enough" i'd like some advice about the dreaded..........menapause.
i had a hyterectomy when i was 30yrs old (43now),despite having polycystic ovarys they kept them in so i would not go through the menapause straight away.
past year or two had menopausal symptoms,my main reocurring problem are night sweats............i wake up about 4am freezing cold but totally wet through from waist up including my hair,have to keep changing bed clothes.
i was supposed to go on hrt but this stupid lady doctor i saw instead of my gp said i did not need it yet..........i beg to differ.
so i am going to see my gp about it but wondered if any of you have any tips or have tried things like herbal remedies.

ann,i hope you are as comfortable as you can be...........i am so glad you are taken well care of at home,it does really hurt me to think of you suffering.

joyce,i hope your little girl is feeling better soon.............at least you made the effort and got out.........not a loser like me lol.

Caroline, I found a primary care (GP) doctor--the one who came and sat talking with me Sunday night--who was herself trying out Bio-identical hormones--which are available here: the three forms of estrogen, plus progesterone and testosterone--in prescription strength, and require bloodwork every 6 months. Like you, I'd had a hysterectomy but also was losing bone mass and had bottomed out with osteoporosis before the hormones brought the bones back up again...just in time for ALS. I have used capsules and compounded cream, and have had too much of every hormone at one time or another (which lowers thyroid) briefly. I quit when my hands could no longer apply the cream. I never had a hot flash or anything menopausal hit me. I highly recommend this for anyone whose doctor would do it, but it is a lot of work for them. My GYN offered me fosamax, but I had read bad things about it, so asked him what he would do. He did not think fosamax is good but offers it anyway (TV commercials here) but believes bio-identical hormones ARE the answer although he won't try to get into figuring them out.

BTW, too much testosterone is the absolute pits. All wives should have it for a day...! Husbands would bless you for it.

Last edited:
Dear Kimberly,

I was so glad to see your post earlier, but was interrupted as I composed a reply. Unfortunately, I have zip memory, so enjoyed seeing your post a second time, but am really sorry you do have this disease as your own. I can say quite honestly that by accepting it and going with the flow rather than fighting each loss, one can have a lot of fun in life. As you know, the members of this forum are like family, and will help you with your questions and your stress, and have already given you sincere love.

I don't blame you for opening the letter--sending it to you is like an act of God, allowing you to grieve without a relatively strange doctor telling you the truth.

Come back soon--you're greatly missed!

Love,
Ann

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back