Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cooked up crepes for the whole family yesterday as we gathered to celebrate my birthday a day late (I was out of town on Friday).

Why crepes, you ask? I don't know. They're just very eatable.

I had crepes at brunch today. Too bad you didn't live closer, you could have joined us. (and I would have treated for your birthday)

Shucks! I missed a good time, for sure, Susan! I take mine with jelly and jam!

Happy belated birthday Zaphoon! Sounds yummy! What did you put on them?

Happy Birthday Zaphoon, may you have MANY MORE!

I've never made crepes, are they easy to make? I've had them before with strawberries and whipped cream. Pancakes, now those I usually have to make the whole box for my kids... sometimes we have them for supper, its a nice change for that.

How is everyone today? Safe trip to Aly! Anyone traveling around?

My Honda van is at the garage, needs front tires and brakes (probably all around)... couldn't use it at all since Sat, had to fill that tire 3x and it was flat (as a pancake!) on Sunday. My scooter is also on the fritz, so I figured out that if I put a cushion from my porch furniture onto my garden wagon, and drop the sides down, that I could sit on that, and work in my garden a bit. That felt good, even though my arms really ached afterwards. Pulled out a bunch of violets and mint that were taking over in the wrong spot... who knew they were so tough to yank? I had my son Matt replant the mint to an area where it can take over as much as it wants to.

Have a good day all, gotta go locate that tea I poured a little while ago...

The crepes sound delicious! I also used to make pancakes for dinner. I had sourdough starter which needed occasional feeding, so if I didn't want to make bread, used it for pancakes. We liked the silver dollar size, thin and nearly --but not quite a crepe.

Helen, bless your heart, you're helping the country's economy today. I hope this does the trick for a good long time.

My doctor showed up last night--on Friday her car was hit! She sat on the floor by the head of my bed while we talked. Before she became a doctor she was an RN doing home care and actually knows about ALS. She had a patient who had it, and she's a student who keeps up with lots of news in the medical world.

After she left, Phil came in and sat, telling me his next project. There will always be a next project, but the first step for this one is to enlarge his workshop--to my surprise. My house album has a photo of his nearly finished library project.

Hot and humid here! Hope everyone has his/her iced tea unless you're in the southern hemisphere.

I use the recipe' found in the Betty Crocker cookbook.

I like them with grape jelly or strawberry jam on them and just roll -em up and eat em!

I use 2 cast iron skillets to cook them in. It goes faster that way!

Can I borrow you, Kim? Youre in Missouri, which isnt TOO far from Wisconsin. PaaaLEEEEEAAAASSSSEEEE?!

I used to use cast iron skillets a lot! Kim, can't the crepes also be stuffed with Ricotta cheese, and jam put on top?

Oh, Helen & Ms Pie, thanks for the belated birthday wishes!

You can have crepes any which way you please, Ann!

Wisconsin? Sounds like a road trip!

Last edited:
well get packin then Kim!

The crepes I had were Key West crepes. Smoked turkey, turkey bacon ,avocado topped with chopped tomatoes. I like any crepes, any way. They opened a crepe place in the food court at the mall. A little pricey but pretty good.
My mom always made them for me . She had a special crepe pan from France. We would eat them with powdered sugar.
Ann, If you stuff crepes with ricotta they are called "cannollini". my Mom made those too.
Nina had her friend sleep over after Busch Gardens. It's 11:45 and they are still sleeping! :)
Happy Monday everyone!
Susan

My favorite frying pan is my cast iron one, but I have to admit, sometimes it's just too heavy. And not large enough for a family meal. But it also makes a good weapon, so watch out hubby!

I even make popcorn in it (adding on a lid of course) :) which my son wants to learn how to do, so when he goes camping he can make GOOD popcorn...

Ann, I love that Phil always has a project, sounds like my brother, always fiddling with something (or in their cases, ripping something out and actually finishing it up!)

Happy belated birthday Zaphoon! Crepes are great but I do not have the patience anymore to make them. I prefer making pancakes with cinimon and a touch of vanilla in them. I use a long caste iron flat skillet that takes up two burners. Can cook six at a time and get it over with rather quickly!

Helen I am so glad you can still get out to your garden. Oh how I wish I still could have a garden. My potted plants on the deck are all I can handle now a day. Sorry about the car being in the shop. That can get rather expensive. We took ours in thinking it just needed a tune up...ended up costing us 3600 dollars to get it back! But we are blessed still because the suburban was given to use by my father in law years ago and it has gone all this time with minimal matenance.

Ann so glad you have a great doc to come do housecalls and just sit and be personable! What a lovely blessing that is! Its great too that Phil has projects he does to occupy his time. I could use someone like that around here!

Ok...was kinda a long weekend. Lil one came down sick on Friday with a sore thoat and headache. Was vomiting on Saturday but that got better by evening. She still has a sore throat and headache though and I am taking her to the doc soon to make sure its not strep. On Saturday, John and I went to a party at a friends house. This guy has quite a bit of property and a pond on it, so this was his second annual pond party. It was a good time but I tired out after a couple hours. It was a long walk to the bathroom that did it. I was glad to go an lots of friends there that I have not seen in a long time that were unaware of my current health issues and were shocked to see me with my canes and braces. I was kind feeling a little miffed that I was having to explain over and over...so it was time for me to go anyway. Its not that they were new friends either...they just haven't been paying attention or even caring that I struggled for years with this and just needing more aids now. Regardless of all this, I really did have a good time!

You all have a nice day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back