Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Moring all.. :) Rainy sort of day today, atleast for the next 15 minutes, weather changes so quickly here but always warm. Hope everone will have a GREAT day. Pass the sugar please.... oh and that brownie i see over there and maybe one of those muffins.....:) ((HUGS))

TADA!
This is my 100th post!..who would have guessed I could talk sooooo much. What a thrill!..LOL
Thanks everyone for all your support! I love each and everyone of you you all are so courageous, loving, smart, silly, and just fun to hang out with. (((Kisses & Hugs)))

I would love to read it, Marta! Meanwhile, in response to my phone message when they arrived home, he called me...SHE will come back down tomorrow alone to get it. Said to me very philosophically... which is his business, lol. Not all philosophers are mellow.

I missed this page, Diane. Congratulations on the 100th. It's very good that you're more active here!

Congratulations Diane! :D It's good to have you here Toots!

Ann, Brad went skiing one weekday during tax season and usually would be home at around 9:00 p.m. When I got home from work he was already home which I thought was odd. I asked him how his ski day was and he said "It was okay." which is also unusual. He usually is very excited and has lots to say about it. When we went to bed I asked why the day was just okay. THEN he told me he lost his skis. LOL! Evidently, Bradley started down the black diamond run and came upon a huge boulder. The powder was very deep. He went flying over and off the boulder in to some extremely deep powder and went arse over tea kettle for a ways. When he stopped tumbling he only had one ski. So he waded through the powder with his one ski and walked back and forth trying to find the ski he lost. He never ran in to it so gave up and started hiking down and back to the lodge which was very far away. Disgusted, he stuck the lone ski straight up in the snow and made his way down. That summer we went back up there (a grueling hike) but didn't find either ski. Someone probably got a very nice pair of skis. Goofball. ;)

Mart,
Off the subject but did you ever have a Moon Pie?

Marta and a moon pie, yep sounds good! Diane keep on posting and you will be a senior citizen before long like the rest of us:)Watching , The Urban Cowboy, dang has it really been that long since that was made? Having hot flashes, and thinking about jumping naked in the pool while everyone else is in the bed...lolWe need spell check on here, always having to correct my spelling...

Oh yes! I have a story about my last moon pie believe it or not! We were camping somewhere around Durango. I had a moon pie on the picknic table in front of me. I don't know where Brad was. Probably the restroom or the tent. Not around. Anyway, I was reading the paper at the table and I heard some paper rustling. I thought at first that the wind was rustling the newspaper but it was pretty noisy for that. I lowered the paper and there was a squirrel running away with MY MOON PIE in his mouth. It was about the same size as he was. I don't know what he thought he was going to do with it. I doubt he could haul it up in to his favorite tree. So since he was struggling a bit with it I chased him down and snatched it away from him. Little thief! LOLOL! And then there was the time I had my bratwurst stolen by a Magpie. There certainly is something about me and various pies!

Great story Marta..those critters sure do like your goodies..:)... i had a good laugh...while watching "Sleepless in Seattle".

Marta, Lol! When we go to Cracker barrel I always buy a Moon Pie on the way out. I'm such a junk food junkie!
We have a squirrel outside my slider that's in love with Felicity ( crazy Maltese ). She 's blind and oblivious to him but he is always there when I let her out. He tries to get close and just stares at her. It's so cute. We call him Maurice.
Joni, I'm queen of the hot flashes. Can't take them and living in FL doesn't help. Evening Primrose Oil helps with Black Cohash.
Diane, Sleepless in Seattle is one of my favorite movies. Has anyone seen Under the Tuscan Sun?
Everyone have a great Sunday. Nina is at Busch Gardens with her friends family so it's Mom's day off.
Love to you all,
Susan

Susan, I'm past the hot flash phase. Now I'm either too cold or (mostly) too hot. One or the other. Poor Brad! Womanhood is sure interesting! I'll have to get Under the Tuscan Sun. Haven't seen that one yet. I'm assuming it was good? Enjoy your Mom's Day Off!

Diane/Lovelovelove Sleepless in Seattle! I have other critter stories but won't go in to it now. :)

I just got up and Brad is still sleeping. Think I'll do coffee this morning rather than tea. Have a geat morning everybody!

Good morning everyone,

What a week this has been -- -- people, people, people! Hot, hot, hot! Black feet, Black feet, Black feet! Now you have to understand that that isn't all bad, after all people mean a fat checkbook. :) Hot means 85° and humidity hovering around 60%. Now I know those who live on the east coast, that would be pleasant, but for those of us accustomed 75° and zero humidity, it is miserable.

As to the black feet, I suppose most of you know what I mean. Therefore I have spent the biggest part of my days in bed with my feet propped up. I've read a lot of books and watched a lot of old movies.

Ann, I was so sorry to read about your problems with your hospice aides. Oh how I wish I could send you mine. Did I tell you that when the hospice doctor visited a couple weeks ago she said that she I didn't qualify since I was able to walk with a walker? Anyway when Tim heard that he ran out of his office and ask her she propose we do. After all, he said my immobility at the current time is my upper body my arms and my breathing all of which require an assistive device or person. She said she would have to talk with my ALS doctor who is also my neurologist. Tim picked up the phone and got Dr. Simmons office on the line. He put him on speakerphone and Dr. Beatty spoke with him directly. The result was Dr. Simmons told her that this was the only option to maintain a quality of life for me. And the result was that my certification was renewed.

The hospice nurse that was with the doctor told me on her next visit that she thought every ALS patient should have an advocate like Tim. :)

Liz, so glad that you are having some fun this summer. I think we all get a little down when the sun doesn't shine and the snow is always see. You go girl!

Joni, how are you doing? And how is Bruce doing? Did you go skinny dipping this morning before you started your day? That made me smile and remember the days when we lived in Florida with a pool!

Helen, I have a couple from Pennsylvania that are visiting in August to look at the property. They've been here before as guests, and saw that I had it posted on for sale by owner so are interested in talking to me. I'm not getting my hopes up, in fact, I'm not so sure that I really am up for a move so won't be terribly disappointed if we don't come to terms. We've pretty much decided that this is the last year for the bed-and-breakfast but I worry about all the maintenance that Tim will have to continue to do both for the property and for me. I'm trying to let go of the worry but it isn't always easy.

Time to prop my leg for and have a cup of iced tea. Hope everyone is doing well and to those that are new to the table -- WELCOME.

Hooty Hoo Diane! I'm so glad you've got some strong advocates in your corner. Nothing better than that! Keep those tootsies raised! I think I'll get cleaned up for the day.
Love to all!
Marta

Well, did the chicken jerky again for Sadie. This time the chicken was $2 a pound, and it makes about the same amount that a $10 bag for only $6. If you do not have a dehydrator, you can put it the oven at 200 degrees on a foil lined cookie sheet for a few hours.

This morning before Church, I made a pot of coffee. Hazelnut. My wife says it tastes like it
has to much chickery in it. She rejects the coffee and so I drank it all by myself. Church went
well. Over 90 here in Indiana. Everyone stay cool, ladyinn, keep your feet up, keep looking
up...

God Bless,

Jim

Hi Diane, Do you have a campground?
I had a nice Mom's day off, after church Bill took me to brunch, then cooked dinner. Pretty good for someone who can build a house, fix a car but can't boil water!
Nite all!
Susan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back