Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Helen sure hope you have no more falls,and Ann lordy I wish your aides would do what they should, and I can see Phil getting ticked. I have quite a temper about things like that..Joyce I hope things look up for John soon..that has to bea bad situation.

Jim...virtual being that it was created only for this realm of the forum we are in and its not available to anyone who hasn't read my post that suggests that there is such a 'virtual' sugar! And the sweetness of it only is to the person who tastes of it in this thread of talk. Kinda like the 'virtual' icecream social I participated in a few years back with a bunch of people from all over the world! ;)

Thank you all for your kind words and prayers!

Ms.pie gets it and gives it. I appreciate that. Joyce, I get it now. That is a very cool idea. Thanks for
the explanation. Virtual sugar for everyone. Especially, diabetics.

Jim

Good night all.
Didn't sleep a wink last night worrying about my 3 year old great nephew. The port is in and chemo started. Excellent outcome per the Doctors so we dodged that bullet.
Having a nice glass of sweet tea ( house wine of the south) and popping in a movie.
God Bless all of you,
Susan

Ladies I need your prayers for a good friend of mine. He doesnt have ALS, but a rare type of CMT that mimicks the respiratory issues associated with ALS. He is very ill. He deserves all the prayers he can get. He does alot for the MDA. Great great man.

Thank you

Liz, I have just prayed for your friend, Bless you for letting us pray for others as it blesses us as well. May he have peace and healing. ((HUG))

Susan so sorry about your little niece. Will be praying for a great outcome. It's so unfair when these little ones have to suffer.

Liz praying for your friend as well

Joyce hope your hubby will get a job soon

Helen your poor poor toes. Would give you a hug if I could.

Ann, tell those aids to focus on their job and keep the chatter till the end

Plane takes off in an hour, so should be on our way soon. My daughter in England was found in her office upside down with her legs caught in the chair, unconscious after a seizure. I have known for years that she had mild epilepsy but now it's a certain. She has a neuro appt in September so we have a case full of drugs for her. It's a family curse! She is number !

Love to you all Aly

Virtual sugar and GURT BIG HUGS! to all of you here. You all are so wonderful. I laugh and I cry and I thank God for blessing me by being able to share in your lives as I read and read so much on this site. Thank you all for sharing yourselves. I learn from all of you how to deal with so many issues that arise from ALS. Anne, I would have given the aides a few choice words before dismissing them if I had been there. I run the gamet of emotions here while reading about all of you. You allow me to cry with you, share in your joys, get angry for the injustices that you endure, and delight in the accomplishments. Have a wonderful day...every one of you. You are very much loved and appreciated. Prayers go up daily! Kaye :)

Kaye now that is so sweet:) Liz will be praying for your friend. Aly I am so sorry about your daughter, that is a scary thing to deal with. I know some friends that have it.

'virtual' icecream social , now that's a thought. But lately, with my ALS clinic docs saying do not try to loose weight, and with the bulbar symptoms setting in, all of sudden I am eating all kinds of things, thinking I wont be able to much longer...I am praising God for taste buds and swallowing, and enjoying myself emensely! THINK OF IT: all my life I have tried to loose weight and now I have PERMISSION to eat whatever i want and gain weight! ....lol....I try to stay out of gluttony area:mrgreen:, not overdoing it, but just enjoying food! When I can no longer eat, I will praise God still.

Liz, you got my prayers for your friend!
Susan, good for you...taking good care of yourself by a little homey distraction away from the worry about your great nefew....we hold him in our prayers!8)

LOVE TO ALL YOU LADIES AND GENTS (((hugs)))

Hi all,
Wishing everyone a safe and happy weekend!
Mother in Law sprung from hospital this AM and going back to rehabilitation so I have my work cut out for me today. Luckily it's 3 min from the house.
I was a bad girl and slept to 10:30 this morning!
Liz, Prayers for your friend from us.
Aly, safe travels and keep us posted.
Love to all of you,
Susan

Susan, I am praying for your nephew, so sad to see such a young child suffer.

Liz, I am praying for your friend.

Aly, have a really great flight and glad you have meds to take to your daughter. Waiting till Sept. is too long for a neuro appointment if your having seizures.

Ok...got a shot in the foot yesterday. The ped doc didn't think the AFO orthotic caused the plantar facicstis (spelling?), he said it was most likely caused by the contractures fighting against the AFO. Which I guess makes sense. I guess that means more baclofen. I had reduced my dose to only one and sometimes two a day so I would have more energy. Guess that wasn't a good idea.

Have a great weekend everyone!

My prayers go with your friend Liz. Also you and your PALS.
My prayers go with Aly for her safe trip and Aly's daughter. And the little bird too.
My prayers go with Susan and Susan's nephew. My prayers go with Kay's sister and Kay. My prayers go with Joni and her family. My prayers go with Joyce, her little foot and the rest of her too. My prayers go with Ann and Phil that they get the proper help they need. With Helen to keep her lifted up and keep her from falling. And Diane and Jim just because we need all the prayers we can get.

Now, how about that Ice Cream Social! I'll bring some Blue Bell Mint Chocolate Chip and Rocky Road and a couple boxes of sugar cones!

I just want to drop by and let you know--the prayer requests--Got them. Joyce, virtual hugs and am so sorry about the need for more Baclofen.

We've had a visit from Phil's brother and wife today, who held to my schedule--is that sweet, or what? They live three hours away, and her pocket book is on our kitchen table...with her cell phone. His, of course, is turned off. I married the brother with self control....bummer for her.

LOL Ann! Very sweet! Yes, I have a husband with some self control too. It's not that bad albeit a bit frustrating at times. He's got self control but lacks a bit of common sense where adreneline is involved. ;) I'll tell you the story sometime about when he lost his skis while on top of a black ski run at Mary Jane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back