Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Says it is supposed to hit at 4:52 ET, so about 10 minutes from now. I will be watching CNN.

We all need to be massively praying for our NZ friends right now. Hold them up...

(CNN) -- The Pacific Tsunami Warning Center canceled a tsunami warning less than an hour after it was issued Wednesday for Kermadec Island, Tonga and New Zealand after a tsunami was detected following a major earthquake nearby.

Whew! Thanks for the report SadieMae!

Ok , I knew about it, so will put tele back on. I am in the middle of the island so no worries. It's funny, as I flew into Napier yesterday, over the coast, I looked down on all the houses right on the edge of the sea, and thought about how a tsunami would totally devestate Napier. Napier was totally flattened many years ago and was rebuilt.....how quickly people forget and rebuild back in the dangerous areas.

Just checked tele and just rubbish on, so must have been downgraded, or no tsunami formed.

Linda, your post brought tears to my eyes. I think you hit the nail on the head at so many levels. Thanks, your presence will be felt even when silent. Some of us have difficulty with silence, as you know :)

I have almost finished packing. I always do it early. Hubbies stress levels are building, as he needs his research organized before Saturday. He sees private patients today, and has a 14 hour day booked. Everyone needing a follow up before he goes for 2 months, plus 2 sick patients from Tuesday, that need sorting urgently. I will hide till we leave:)

Back to the speech thingy. There is one other person on the MND committee who has ALS. He can just talk, but it's hard to understand. I realized that when the last field worker left, he was probably stranded at his nursing home. I send him an email and offered to pick him up and take him to the meetings, his reply was just like chatting to you lot. He was free of the communication difficulty. Aren't we lucky to have all this technology?

Joyce, I am sure we would have a cracking good time:).

I'm glad you're safe Aly Pie. :)

Yum Pie, hmmmmmmmmmm. Never had pumpkin pie? Sounds yuck.

Love ya Marta muffin..........yum muffins, hmmmmmmmmmm. Darn this diet :)

LOLOL! I haven't dieted very often but have in the past and I understand what you're saying. If you can't have it you want it more. Aly, Pumpkin Pie is Wonderful! It's full of spices like allspice and nutmeg and condensed milk and Yummy when it's warm and either whipped cream or vanilla ice cream on top. Deffinately not good for diets though. My Mom makes the best pies and she's always here for Thanks Giving. I love you too Aly Pie and very glad you're safe and relatively sound. Sound enough for us anyway.

I love pumpkin pie too! Definitely a cold weather pie, way too heavy for the heat!

Just went for a little ride on my scooter with my dog, now that it's cooled off a bit... possibly getting thunderstorms tonight, it was really hot today, in the 90's. Nice and cool in my house, even without running the ac, just used the fan today, though I'll be using the ac tonight! Anyway, my scooter died when I got home, wouldn't go up the ramp to my house... at least it got me home, but it was charging and it's supposed to get like 10 miles on that battery! Guess I'll bring my charger if I ever really go anywhere with it.

Everyone's been quiet this week, hopefully its because you're all out having fun, and not stuck in the house without your computer! I miss the noisy kids, knew I would, but it's nice not having to cook, go to karate, drive kids everywhere, listen to the bickering, tell them to turn the $(&(&$## tv off, etc. I'll be picking the boys up from camp on Friday afternoon, and will have them for a week before they're off to Alaska for 12 days... I'm going to try to take a couple of days off and possibly go to a beach my friend Mary said that even I could manage to walk to the water. Not sure how I'll do with the waves this year, I'm too wobbly and they're usually pretty strong in this area. Wonder if the walker will work in the sand and water? :)

We got lots of rain this afternoon Helen. It cooled things down nicely. And you're right. It's been mighty quiet lately. You be careful with yourself Lady Poo!
Love,
Marta

I'm trying to be noisey, or is that nosey........no I was right first time, noisy.

You be careful in the water Helen, if you are knocked over, you may not have the strength to get out of trouble. Make sure someone is standing next to you at all times.....promise!

Raining here again. Sick od the rain. Hopefully England will be kinder to us. The weather is always so fickle over in the UK, kind of like the inhabitants :)

For once I have nothing to say. What a shock. Going to have a sit down and a cuppa.

I'm just glad you're safe Aly. We were a bit concerned earlier. xoxo!

Yes Helen, please be careful and I don't know about a walker in the sand and water. If you try that trick PLEASE take some pictures so we can see how it works. :)

Nitey Nite everybody! See you tomorrow!

I swear Marta, you have a mean streak in you, wanting to see ME in the sand and water with my walker... :)

Aly, what, you speechless? You must be tired after that 12 hour plane ride! And thank goodness, no tsunami in your area. For some reason I don't picture you too near the coast, but up in hills. Don't know if that's accurate or not. How's your elderly horse doing?

Kim, missing your posts, get back online soon! Or have Grayson type for you, ok? Joni, was it you that painted your toes blue? At least that's not permanent.

Ann, hope you're doing well!

Having my tea right now, enjoy your day ladies (and gents)...

Helen, I wonder if by using a surf board for the base, and attaching a walker on top of it, a friend could pull you (think Eskimo!), and we'd all be very supportive.:cool:

I hope you can figure out a good way to go and to enjoy the beach--the ones around here were my "vacation" time for years. I also remember the last time I went, how difficult just walking in loose sand was--and I didn't try the ocean.

Aly, funny how worried we all were while you calmly went about your business. I'm really glad--there are no words--you all were spared the tsunami.

Helen, I really think, given enough AC, pumpkin pie would be a great brunch. Aly, our pumpkin is probably very different from what you have there. I have a distant memory of reading something about that.

Liz, I was also pretty sure you'd do skydiving next. You're in a definite trend! Hmmm...rock climbing after that?

Hello to everyone today!
Ann xoxo

Good Morning Ann! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back