Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
We lose several a year to rafting. The water is unusually high this summer due to lots of snow in the high country. I hope everyone is nice and comfy today! Where is everyone?
Love you all,
Marta

Good morning everyone! Hope all are well and smiling..:)
Liz, I am so jealous!..sounds like you had soooo much fun. Whats next skydiving or mountain climbing or maybe solo sail around the globe? :)
((HUGS))
diane/HI

Okay gang, this is my fifth attempt on this particular thread. I can't blame it on the moderator because I've yet to push the send button. It is the fact that something I say has the Dragon speak program grabbing my message before I'm ready.

I had such a newsy note to all of you and am beginning to think that maybe I talked too much and that's why the Dragon is shutting me down! It's a man!

Basically I was just hoping that you all had a good holiday. We were busy with guests in the campground guests in the house and outside friends. Yesterday Tim hosted a barbecue for all of our guests and then some. He did a wonderful job and I was really pleased to have the folks around me. I enjoyed hostessing from a chair in the living room. Today I'm tired -- -- it was worth it.

After the Bar-B-Q we all went up to a hill behind the high school to watch the fireworks. When we got home I was ready for bed, with a smile on my face and a bi-pap nasal mask. It was a good day all in all and worth having to wear the oxygen tube this morning after the hospice RN found my oxygen levei too low and congestion in the lower left lobe. So I'm on oxygen, which is a good excuse to lay around

It's so good to be able to come here and read your posts --they always make me smile. You're the best! Group hug with lots of love and a few giggles.

Diane I know you are tired, but so glad you had a great day yesterday!Hey to all my friends here love yall!

Diane, You continue to amaze me with your ability to be socially active. I'm really glad for you!

Dragonspeak and my floppy wrist syndrome (FWS) seem very similar in being creative with your posts. Several important keys are often hit by my wrist or hands, and all can be lost.

Liz, I am glad you've done something else you can revel in. You've gone public in your bathing suit, and now this rafting...staring death in the face...You know you can get over fears slowly, I hope. :mrgreen:

Aly, Phil cracked up over your card at dinner last night.

Love you all!

Hi all!,
Is everyone rested up after the long weekend? Hubby called me at 5pm while in Target fighting with Nina over an appropriate swimsuit to tell me we are having a cookout at 6. Thank Heaven the guests were late :)

skydiving IS next... Im sort of trying to do lots of things on my Bucket List.

Diane- I love you dear

Liz..I knew it!..
funny story about Bucket list movie, I got nexflix and made a huge random list of dvd to send me. When I got home last Nov 2010 from Doc who diagnosed me with ALS, guess what movie I had in mail waiting for me? Yep Bucket List I didnt even know what it was about till I started watching it...OMG..who timed that at that time..hmmm?....But I to this day dont know what to put on it...LOL. Seeing I'm single I cant think of a single thing I can just go and do by myself without help...but still thinking every day where to go what to do..after all I live the paradise dream here in Kauai...:)...((HUG))

That movie has really started people thinking. I had never heard of the term bucket list before I saw it.

Well sitting in another airport lounge. Finished with my ms patient. He was shaking like a leaf before he did his injection, then said it didn't hurt a bit. Music to my ears :). He was so sweet, and has just driven me to the airport, so I didn't have to get a taxi. I left home at 5 am, now it's lunch time. Won't be home for 4 hours, but the sun is shining and the coffees free:)

It was so nice to hear from you Dianne. Pity your speechy thingy is playing up. If I had one, it would blow up in the first 5 minutes!
A summer BBQ sounds lovely. Maybe in a couple of weeks I will be bbqing while with my cousin in London. Nothing like a nice cold sav and a hunk of steak. Yum.

Ann, I am glad Phil had a giggle. I certainly cracked up. I could never give someone a card like that........but I can share it's contents here, that's a bit weird.

Speaking of weird. At the MND meeting yesterday, we were asked to tell the new files worker a bit about ourselves. I got really nervous, as I have never mentioned anything about myself. I don't even say I am a patient when people ask. I always say I work in neurology and volunteer. A partial lie. I got in a terrible flustered and when it was my turn I said" I am Aly and I am just plain weird" ! I really didn't want to be the only " patient" on the committee. I finally said that I probably had PLS, blah blah blah, but also said I was well and wanted to support the field worker and start taking on a more hands on role. Not sure where that came from, just spewed out. Maybe my boredom had gotten the better of me, or maybe GOD just gave me a great big kick up the pants. Go out there you weirdo and stop shopping! Lol

Love you all.
Aly

Aly I cracked up too when I read what you wrote..your are a silly girl:)

Oh and welcome back Meg. I wish Kim would come back:(

Way too funny! My daughter says I'm weird too!

Ok, now we have a new pre requisite for joining our little group. you need to be WEIRD. I think thats already a forgone conclusion, anyone not weird would have gone by now :)

And yes I am missing Kimberly as well. Dianne too. Hope you are both doing ok. Us weirdos are sad with out you. :(

Oh and after hours travelling I just got home. 12 hours again! I am tired and exhausted after a very hair raising landing with a terrible cross wind. Oh how I hate small planes :(

Well, I qualify in a big way! No wonder I feel so at home here! ;) I miss Kimberly too and am glad Dianne is back. There is an empty spot when someone is gone for long.

Rest well Aly! See you tomorrow!

Good morning Susan and Ann and Diane and Joni Pie and Helen and Liz and Diane and whoever else is stopping by.

Love you!

Good Morning, Marta! Hot and humid here...outside.

Aly, I love your introducton to what was an MND meeting...turned into a secret support group. "Hi, my name is Ann, and I have weirdness. Or ALS. What's the first step (this is really important to ask) to be cured? And the other 11 are what? Ok, will do by noon." :-O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back