Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moose, Katie ate moose when she did a tears exchange in Norway. Bet it's yum.

I wore my LBD a nd heels to my party. The heels were a disaster, I was fine while I stood still, but it was like skating on ice on the polished concrete. I had to hang on to the walls..........what was I thinking, and I got 2 pairs . Well in true Aly fashion, I put on my fluffy slippers with my LBD .......ahhhhhh bliss. Looked ridiculous, but got some laughs :)

I am making bread again, full of seeds and different flours, yum can't wait till they are finished, fresh bread straight out of the oven with a thin scraping of marg.......bliss

Marta, you are a hoot :) love reading your posts. We must have a cup sometime. Would be a scream,and I can wear my fluffy slippers with my sequined dress.

Love you all. Have a lovely Sunday, ours is a bit chilly
Aly

Last edited:
Aly Pie! You're the hoot! Did you take some pictures? I'll check your profile page. I'd love to have some tea and dress in sequins and fuzzy slippers with you Lady Poo!
Love you,
Marta

Hello friends! I have missed you all so much! I will get caught up with y'all in the next few days, but wanted to let you know we are enjoying our summer of memories. We had a wonderful time in Kauai and I can't wait to go again. What a beautiful island with great food and wonderful people. Our next trip was a family trip to the Monterey Bay Aquarium and then the Carmel Mission. The kids had a blast and we enjoyed the time together as family.

I hope this finds you all well and enjoying life. Please don't misunderstand my silence as anything but enjoying family time. We leave for our next adventure on the 8th and then again on the 17th. Phew!

Love, light, and blessings to all!
Meg

Happy Sunday all! The sleepover is complete (whew!) and Bill is taking them to the pool.
Have a great day :)
Susan

Happy Sundat all of y'all! Ah, sleep overs. I used to love slumber parties. We'd eat pizza and stay up all night watching horror movies on UHF channel. It was so much fun.

Meg, I think NotGivingUp lives on Kauai. Did you know that? I've havn't been yet. Looking forward to seeing your pictures! I'm glad you had a good time.

I hope everybody is nice and comfy!
Love,
Marta

Marta, moose really doesn't have much of a flavor, but if I had to say what it compares too I would say beef.

Aly I am sure you were gorgeous in your slippers!

Meg, so glad you are making memories. This is something that is important and so fun in the process! I look forward to hearing of your adventures!

Susan, glad you survived the slumber party. My lil one has had no more that two guest sleep over at a time and that is fine by me. For the most part she has someone every week staying here one or two nights a week during the summer. I really do not mind that as it gives her someone to play with. There are no neighborhood kids around here, not much of a neighborhood either.

Ok, happy Sunday to you all. HOpe you all have a fun day!

Joyce, I put my voice on page 153 for you just so you know what accent to put on my posts, I don't have a New Jersy or PuertoRican accent! :)

Good Morning ladies and gents, Beautiful day in paradise, beach day i hope I can get some family to help me go. Or maybe one of you all can help me out and spend sometime....:) Have a wonderful day all!

i am a river SLAYER!

Hi all,

I just got back from the boy scout campground, got there at 11 a.m. so I could have permission to drive in before the gates were closed. My daughter woke me up at 6:30 a.m. so I could "help" her get ready for the Cape for the week... her first time driving down with a friend! Thank goodness for GPS and cell phones, I would have been a wreck without those for her. Then finished packing up the 2 boys' trunks for scout camp... we were done by 11:30, but they didn't open the gates 'til 1pm or so, then had to wait for the nurse to check them all in. Then had to wait for the scoutmaster to switch my younger son to a different tent, as his tentmate decided to bunk with his brother (now that would never happen in my household!). Then, had to wait for the scoutmaster – who was going a million different directions – to go back to the parking lot, so he could give me the 2 scholarship checks the boys received. (I had to wait as I bounced 2 checks this past weekend, and needed these to go in asap!)

Got home, it's raining, and NO ONE is here but the pets and I! The roommates aren't here, hubby is off camping with a buddy, I HAVE THE PLACE TO MYSELF! This just doesn't happen. But I'll restrain myself from "running" through the house naked, especially as I don't want to be picking myself off the floor. :)

So, off to a nap I go! I was going to nap on my screen porch, but my bed is way more comfortable, so there I go... I'll watch the fireworks in Boston on tv tomorrow night, looking forward to the piece and quiet.

Liz, What river did you slay? I'm dying to go white water rafting in Tenn but it's 12 hours from here.
I am about to take a nice nap myself Helen. Me and the crazy maltese #1. Crazy maltese #2 just had a bath and a whisker trim and she is quite ticked off at me. She's off sulking....
It's blazingly humid today. Just like a sauna outside!

Marta, Lovely voice. Your Texas accent is still there.
Nina is dying to see snow. She's a "GRIT" girl raised in the south :) I promised her we'll take her up to Georgia this winter.

Susan- it was the Wolf River here in Wisconsin. Its about a class 3 or 4. But the water was extremely high- so much so that they had the rafting closed for the last 10 days and I believe that they just opened it to let us go down, as they didnt want to lose out on all the money- lots of people wanted to go... So high that even some seasoned folks wouldnt do it. This was my first time and I WAS deathly afraid of water- even calm water- SO MUCH FUN!

Yay, she lives still. Liz so pleased you survived that dastardly river, to join us again. Was scared for you. Olives boyfriend was singing rapt his friends funeral on Saturday, killed in a river accident while in Canada. So sad and only 20. I felt for the poor parents. So I was honestly afraid for you:(. Now you are safe and sound, so I am thrilled.

Helen and Susan. Have a lovely rest.

Meg, I am so pleased you had a lovely time in Hawaii. It certainly is a restful place. Next time I go, it will be away from Oahu. It was fun there, but I would like to experience a quieter island.

Now on my birthday I got a hilarious, but rather rude card from a friend. My friend ia crazy, and should be on Ritalin( he's a pediatrician). It has an old photo on the front of a lady from 1700s holding a cat. It says;

"another year, and she went through the usual Birthday ritual of checking her pussy for grey hairs"
That was funny, but Hubby pipes up with" I can assure you she has none"

What no grey hairs or no hair........you guys will never know, cause I am not telling:)

This does not mean we are now going to discuss pubic hair, colours and patterns, now does it? No

Have a giggle , and a lovely day

The nut case Aly

Oh gosh. I mentioned the patch of hair down under and now poor Al is going to have to read it. Blush blush

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back