Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hehehehe! I don't think I have much of an accent anymore. I've been around you know. Just certain words like "out" or "about" for Michigan and sometimes when I say I it comes out AH like a Texan. Like I say, I have been around. ;)

Now Joyce, I know why you went to moderation. I am surprised that your post was allowed at all........did I read that NZ accents were like Aussie ones, now that's not a very nice thing to say .lol they have awful accents :). Glad your heel is being treated.

Helen, nice to meet another petrol head, just love cars. You have a lovely peaceful weekend, with loads of chocolate and coffee.

Marta, I dressed up in my new black dress, sexy tights and new black shoes. I can manage the carpet in the heels, but it was funny trying to walk on our polished concrete floors. Just couldn't take a step. Tonight at my party, I will stand in one place and greet my guests. Once everyone is here I will put on my fluffy slippers, to h......l with fashion. I do not want to fall again, especially in a room full of people.

I will be cooking all afternoon, after soccer......so much for a birthday. My real big day is not for 2 weeks, so I will just pretend it's today :)
7 days till take off. Hopefully I will get excited soon.

Ann have a lovely day :). Everyone else as well
Love aly

Thanks, everyone. I just had a senior moment I suppose. They tend to come more often these days. LOL

Take lotsa pictures Aly! You'll be stunning!

Magpuf, I hear you girl. We have too much on our minds lately, don't we? xoxo

Marta is right, Magpuff. Fatigue or stress ---often combine---and make it hard. And some of us do some things so seldom, we forget how we did it before.

Aly, I want to know if since you're dressed in the LBD already, you'll be cooking in it and in your heels. ;-) And also--I used to scoot around on floors but fall on carpet--we're quite different!

wish me luck ladies! this is the big rafting weekend! im getting a little nervous- guess a couple of the waterfalls we will be going over are taller than a house....
excited for the camping and all that though.... gonna hit the road now.

If i dont come back (LOL :) ) I love you all so very much!

Be safe Liz! You'd better come back or some of us will come after ya! xoxoxo! Have a great time!

Hi everyone ! (Think of a slurry Long Island New York accent with 30 years of FL thrown in)
Came back from the Clinic in Tampa. Nice, caring bunch of people. I was impressed, but my heart rate went up to 130 from being so nervous. The Social Worker explained everything about SSD. When I looked like I was about to cry she said think of it as an early retirement and you paid into it for years. She also works for ALSA and said anything I need, just call. So far I'm good with my FVC +80, O2 99% They were happy.
Enough of that medical stuff!
Bill (hubby) LOVES his muscle cars. He never looks at other women, but he'll drool over a car or a good steak:)
AK, Tell hubby not to worry. Prayers here for him and a perfect one will come his way. It's tough but there are some good jobs out there.
How do you jar moose meat? is it in brine?
Well , I'm getting Bill to take us out tonight for dinner. I'm exausted.
Haven't seen Bob, do you think we scared him away?

susan, thanks for the prayers for hubby. I do believe that a special something will come about for him. Now to jar moose meat I do not use a brine. I just cut the meat into hunks and then season them well with different seasonings I use, then put them in jars and do the 'canning' process. The meat comes out fully cooked and tender. I can make all kinds of meals with these and not have long cooking times. Like fast food only healthier! ;)

Helen, I'd love to have tea with you for real! I told Brad about your 64 1/2 Mustang and he got a chuckle out of your comments about pushing it and clouds of smoke! :)

Happy weekend everyone! Brunch tomorrow with some newlywed friends and then no obligations for the rest of the weekend!

I love ya you know!

Happy weekend everyone! Nina is off to Busch Gardens with her BFF's for the day so it's a relaxing day for me.
What is everyone's plans for the 4th ? I stay home with the crazy Malteses because of the fireworks set off by my lovely neighbors. It's like a war zone here after dark.
Ak, Does moose meat taste like venison? . I'm imagining a gamey flavor.
Have a safe and happy weekend.
Bless you all,
Susan

g'mornin' aw! (said with a sloppy southern draw and what seems to be a lazy tongue :p )

Aly, now NZ only have a Auzzie accent (like crocidile dundy right?) because that is the only thing my lil pee brain could come up with. However, I rather like the auzzie accent, but I am sure that the NZ accent might be more refind. Kinda like Northern english (UK) is from Chocknie (UK south?). I do not claim to be a linguest...just a little cra zy! :D Its an way to keep me entertained!

Raining out this morning and really gloomy sky. I was hoping for a sunny weekend. Gotta take lil one over to hoseback riding then we will probably go to the movies to see Cars 2. She has been chomping at the bit to go ever since it came out. Other than that, we have no special plans this weekend. Extended family is out of town and its just us.

Susan, moose really does not have a gamey flavor. It really is rather tasteless. Even milder than beef. What you season it with is what it tastes like. It is so low in fat that is why its that way. Now that is if its been processed right, and someone didn't get it cleaned and dressed out correctly in the field or the time between field dressing and butchering was too long...then you will get some taste that is gamey alright, but that has never happened but one year for us. And we have gotten a moose every year we have been here with the exception of the last year, because we chose not to do the hunt for that year.

We will most likely have fresh moose this year. If we have the money to send my hubby on the hunt. Its getting more expensive every year...I think it was 1800 dollars in 09. But that gives us a whole freezer of meat and for the most part we share quite a bit of it with families in need.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

YouTube - ‪Longs Peak Trail, wicked snow field‬‏

Here's a hike we took a couple years ago. Bradley and me. I almost killed myself on that snowfield on our way back from Chasm Lake. My right foot slipped of the skinny trail and I could get back up. Luckily Bradley was right behind me and pulled me up by the back pack. Quite an experience!

What does moose taste like Joyce? Please don't say chicken. LOL! I hope everyone is having a great weekend so far. We have all our obligations out of the way already and the rest of the weekend is all ours! Think I'll join Susan in some respective reading. Fireworks Monday. Sleeping in a bit. Aaaaaaahh...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back