Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Helen, my husband is a Mustang fan in a huge way! He's had several. The 64 model is my favorite! He likes the new ones now but is a fan of the old ones too. The front porch, book and chocolate sound heavenly! May I join you? ;)

Aly and Ann, I can't wear any heels anymore! My right ankle caves right away and down I go. Even walking on uneven ground causes ankle tweaking! Booo...I miss my heels! Be careful with yourself Dear! Thank goodness for husband's muscles and hugs and puppy kisses!

Marta, boots with pancake heels and--Ta Da--an outside zipper which began at the base of the toes--were found in a catalog my first winter with splints, so I had them to cover me--and wear with dresses that year. The timing couldn't have been better. After that it was maryjanes until the power chair. I've worn Uggs year round since the fall of 09.

Helen, I'm so very glad your kids are there for you, and responding so maturely. That really is wonderful. I'm so sorry about the bank! I hope you weren't charged a fee--salt on the wound.

I'll see what I can manage with a brace Ann. I really do miss the extra height! LOL!

Marta, you must come over and we'll have... tea! Probably ice tea with lemon, as it will be in the high 80's this weekend. Tell your husband I had a 64 1/2 260V8 mustang for about 6 years or so... I tell my kids that I pushed that car everywhere! I certainly learned how to pop the clutch to jumpstart it, and the wheel only came off once! The best thing about that car was if I was getting harassed by someone tailgating me, all I had to do was to slow down, and then floor it! Clouds of oil would then billow and spew out of the exhaust, and I'd be going about 90 miles an hour in a minute, while they were choking their way through the cloud. Of course, I'd have to add a quart of oil to the car when I got home. :)

Ann, unfortunately the bank did hit me for 2 charges, which I can probably... hopefully take 1 of them off...

I'm going to watch the Boston fireworks Monday night from my new comfortable lift chair that a neighbor gave me (they had it for their mother a few years earlier)... Anyone want to join me?

I know this doesn't belong here but I forgot how to start a new post/thread. Duh! Help.

Magfuff, not a problem. Open a second window for the forum right on this page. Then hopefully you can keep directions up while following them on a second page.

First, go to the top of this page above the title (Come for Tea), click onto ALS/MND Support Group Forums. Next, you'll see a listing of areas on the left. For instance, say you want to be in the "General" area. The top area (General...) you click onto. An oblong "Start New Thread" should be inside a blue oblong button (just where "reply" is on a button at the top of this page. Click onto that "Start New Thread" and a page should open for you to begin a thread.

Hi Magpuf! Click on New Posts at the top of this page. On the far right you'll see the Group Links like "People with ALS - PALS" or "Other" or "Do I Have ALS". Click the link that you want. In the top left of the group screen there is a button for "New Thread" or something like that. That's it! Let me know if this isn't clear for you.

LOL! Or do what Ann instructs.

I've written the instructions out many times, so I did a search "start new thread" and just looked for one I'd done before... then modified it a bit. I have zip memory, but usually can find topics I know I've posted on, LOL.

Good morning all!

Aly I wear heals on occasions but then I am a double cane walker too. And the type of heals I wear are called "platforms" or 'wedges' and the soles are about 2 inches high but the toe is about a 1/2 inch shorter, so it adds the hight and cute style without walking on my toes, which is impossible for me. Besides the cane I have to go slow and there is always either my hubby or one of my sons by my side as I walk. So I don't care what anyone else says or thinks...this is what I got to do to feel pretty once in a while. Even if its a pain.

Although now with my new jimmie pc I can see where it might be more fun on a cruise to use it to get to the dinning room all gussied up! Its hard enough to try and walk a straight line for me but add heals and a rocking ship to the mix and I look completely drunk!

Ann I am glad that you felt your spirit lift when helping someone else! You do that daily already just by being here on this board. I hope you realize that and feel that way more often. :)

Helen, Alaska makes everyone go broke! Just gotta know how to work it... ;) Glad you got to the car show. Some fond memories of my teen hood was in a '64 cherry red mustang with my friend and I going to the drive ins and flirting with all the boys who showed up in their pick up trucks.... those were fun times! Although for those of you who would like to read into this more than what is there I will save you the fantasy...it was just banter type flirting and nothing more! :D

Marta you always bring a smile to my face! Now this is going to sound weird, but in my mind when I read posts, I have a thought to how each voice would sound if we were speaking the words. So this imaginary voice for each person is based on the location where they live. So like someone from the south of usa would have a soft spoken southern lilt in the made up voice in my head or someone from NZ would have more of an Auzzie accent because I do not know what a NZ voice would sound like. For you my dear Marta...even though your from Colorado...I keep getting a Puerto Riccan accent! Now please do not take it other than just that I am crazy! Help me change your accent if you are not Puerto Riccan! Now it might have come about this way because your picture looks alot like a friend of mine named Jackie, who is in fact Puerto Riccan and her voice has become your voice in my head. So when I read your posts...I hear her voice with the miss prounounced words too. Tell me, what kind of accent do you have?

Ok...yesterday was a busy day! Did some jarring of moose meat and have more of that to do today. Then took lil one to her horse back riding lessons and did some laundry all the while trying to get hubby out of his depressed mood and busy with finding a new job. Been kinda rough there as it wan 1976 the first and last time he had to find work. So this is really difficult on him. Prayers are welcomed!

Had some pt on my foot, but now my other foot is starting to swell and be painful so migh have it done on that one too. An appointment with the pediatrist is set for next Friday to see if he will fix the orthotic he made that is causing the planter ficicitis (sp?). In the meantime I am just hobbling along.

You all have a great day!

hmmm...my post is being moderated. wonder what it was I said?

Edit:
wow fast turn around. thanks mods!

Last edited:
Joyce, LOL! I'm from Michigan originally, moved to Texas in 78, then to Colorado in 02. So I have a watered down MI, TX kind of thing going on with certain woids. Also, my voice kind of sounds like a kid or sort of like someone that's inhaled helium. Call me! I'll demonstrate! :D When I talk to any of my sisters we frequently adopt a New York Jewish or Italian person's accent for some reason. "Hi, Howahyou dooin dahling?!" Mabe left over from a previous life time?

Now that I theenk ob eet I sometime hov a Puerto Rican aksant.

well now Marta, you have gone and done it...I got you under a 'New Jersy' accent!...LOL. :D Its funny how we can slide into someone elses accent isn't it? When in Rome.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back