Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aly, When I'm on a bumpy flight I just tell myself "One splat and it's all over with." or "It'll only hurt for a split second." Be safe, okay?

I guess I need to get an IPad so I have a good excuse for my bad spelling!

xoxo!

Hi everyone! I can't say ladies anymore since I forgot we had some gentleman visitors. I strive to politically correct :)
Helen, tomorrow I visit the Social Worker in Tampa .For some reason the ALS Clinic there thinks I have a clue. I haven't the faintest what I'm eligible for.
Hi Ann,Liz, Joni, Marta, Kim, hope you are having a nice Thursday.
Aly, Happy Feet made it in our local paper today. Looks like he'll get a hand on the return trip home.
Susan

HI SUSAN! *waving frantically*

Me too! All the way from Fl! Hahaha!

These new fangled cornveniences are pretty cool aren't they? :)

Yup;) but I'm ready to chuck my daughters cell phone in the lake. I made the mistake of getting her text on it!

You all are so funny! Aly, when do you begin tai chi classes? I agree with your perspective about little planes. I've only flown in them a couple of times, long, long ago. Phil came attached to a plane design when we married, but when asked if I'd join him in his hobby I declined.

I had a weird experience today. My hospice nurse began telling me of her health problems, and oddly enough I think I knew exactly what was wrong, so told her to take Amitriptylene at night (and how to begin slowly). She was here for two and a half hours. She's to email me if it works. I'll let y'all know. Another odd thing is that I was very weak from the moment I got out of bed, until my lightbulb:arrow::idea: solution for her came. And then I sat up straight and was wired!

Interesting Ann! I guess when you can help someone it gives you strength. I had a conversation awhile back with one of us and we decided that being strong for others makes us strong. I really believe that too!

Susan, do you mean that you got a text that was supposed to go to your daughter or you got a text from your daughter? Do tell!

I just notice that my BB code, Trackbacks and Pingbacks are On! What the heck are those?

Last edited:
Marta, For getting good grades and tolerating her Scoliosis therapy (long story) we bought her a cell phone with texting abilities and the web (being the sucker Mom that I am). Soooo, she is constantly getting texts from her friends all day long. Now, she started Catholic school for Middle School last year not knowing one person. Luckily (i guess) she made tons of friends this year who text each other for every little nuance of the day. Sorry I made that explanation longer than it should have been. Eleven going on twelve is an interesting age.

Kids are challenging especially in the pubescent years. I think that's one of the reasons I never had any. Being a teen once myself scared me enough!

I have a 12 year old going on 100! he is extremely well behaved, but I told him off last week for the first time in a couple of months, probably a couple of years. Got really angry, it didn't go down too well so I really lost it and said I would break his guitar over his head( half jokingly) he just said ok, it's your friends anyway!,! Teenage hood is just around the corner.......oh what fun, number 5.

I just got 2 pairs of shoes with heels, not very high, but I only wear flats or 1/2 inch. I will only wear them inside or at a restaurant so I don't fall over, but at least I will feel pretty for once. It was 2 pairs for one, yay. I also told Hubby I really need to swallow this pride thing and use a cane occasionally. Will give it a go. I got such odd looks crossing the road:( a cane will say" don't stare at me, I am a retard" lol that's what Charlotte calls my parking card, and the name, although not nice, cracked me up, so now it's my nick name......aren't daughters lovely creatures:)

Tai chi was rather nice, apart from my ms friend everyone else was my parents age ( 70s). It was really pleasant, but my arms got tired and I realized I was the only one not keeping them in the air. A lady asked me why I was struggling and limping. Poor lady gave her self a shock and apologized for asking. I said that was fine and I had a "type of MND" then the pity struck. She would have assumed it was als. Oh well the class restarted and I never got a chance to tell her that I will be fine. Sigh.

Love you all. Hey anyone want to skype sometime?
Aly

Oh, Aly, gosh...kids are such balloon bursters, with their remarks. Have to ignore them, and realize in a few years they will have totally different tastes along with more sense. I know you're laughing at the parking card...but those comments have a way of undermining. Of course I'm really thinking about you wearing heels, and that danger. So, if you wear heels and don't have a cane in use, use hubby's strong arm!

Tai chi sounds nice. Yes, my MIL did it, too--and I considered it. I took Pilates with a friend the autumn after diagnosis, and only could try for a few weeks. I did it at home anyway, on the floor, and kept that up. Odd how much safer I was when I began already on the floor!

Ann, your worry about me in heels is unfounded, cause I cant even manage flats.......I was walking my two labs and my husband up the road a little earlier. I called ruby and she came back a little too fast. i tried to avoid her and flop, in the mud, landing on the dog leashes that were in my pocket, ouch. Was given the kiss of life by my 2 worried dogs, who thought jumping on me and licking my face, would some how help. I was wondering why hubby was not coming to my rescue (hopefully he wouldnt lick my face). he was still walking down the road oblivious to my being pinned down! He turned around and came back to rescue me from the pooches and plonk me back on my feet. It was hilarious :)

i also wanted to try and post this picture of a little albino kiwi that has been born. They are very rare and of course do not survive in the wild.

Attachments

• White kiwi.jpg
    White kiwi.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 95
The kiwi is adorable! I wish a good home for it. That Ruby is such a puppy! Did you say many pages ago that the dogs are really for you, and not jointly adored?

I'm still in bed...Phil's given me a few minutes while he eats breakfast to be at the forum. I wish everyone a great day! Marta and all who work today--no falls!

Helen, hope you're doing well--I think you've been quiet. Susan, keep your daughter and chuck only the cell phone...

Aly, stay upright unless you're lying down or sitting by choice! Diane, Lori and all, have a great day.

Hi everyone,

Its funny, as my legs have progressed "downward" in my ability to walk, the kids' pained expressions of "Oh Mom, REALLY?" have decreased, and are now to helpfulness. I started with a cane, and they would walk 10 feet in front of me in public... Now that I'm using a walker in most out of the house situations, and my scooter – which has to be taken apart to be put in the back of my van, and then put back together each time – they've been much more helpful. Guess they're over the rolled eyes and pained looks. When we get to a store with scooters, one son runs ahead and gets a cart ready for me by the door. I feel very spoiled by them at times!

I took my boys and one of their friends to an antique car show last night. They know I used to have a 64 Mustang, and of course I instantly migrate to all things Mustang. I took my scooter, and they helped put it together for me. Lucky I had it, as there were only 3 Handicapped spots, which were already taken. The scooter was great, until I tried a spot from the driveway to the grass that my little scooter got totally stuck on! Back wheels were in a gully of sorts. My 11 year old tried to help pull it out, but even with me off of it, we were still tugging at it when some big burly guy came over and pulled it out for me! Kind of embarrassing, and I didn't attempt that particular spot again! I need a bigger scooter with 4-wheel drive I guess! I was even able to drive it into the old Hebert Candy Mansion (thank you ramps) and got us all ice cream sundaes with a candy buffet of toppings...

Oh, I almost forgot! Along with all the muscle cars of years past, there was a car from 1911, with a steam engine! Talk about looking like a "horseless carriage", it was so cool to see! My son took some pictures of it with his ipod. It ran very quiet, had a real lantern looking taillight, etc.

Of course when I got home and checked my voice mail, I realized that my bank had called that morning to let me know I had overdrawn my account! Sigh... Got that fixed this morning, and hopefully they'll be able to take off a couple of the charges. Sucks, 'cause the check that caused it to go into the red is for their Alaska trip, and more than half of that is getting rebated back to me on Sunday... and the remaining amount wouldn't have bounced.

So I guess I'm broke for the long weekend, which is ok because all the kids are going to be away, and I can have some time to sleep on the comfy couch on my lovely screened front porch with a good book and some chocolate!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back