Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my! Skunks, Cute stinky pups, poor pups that stick their nose in a wasp nest, beautiful painting Joni, Diane with a glow, Liz is nuts, cute little hedge hogs, either Ann's smeller doesn't work very well or Phil can't make good coffee, what did I miss? Whew! LOL!

Susan, I saw a news report on the poor little fella. I hope he's going to be okay! How could they just let him do that?

I hope everyone is doing okay. We went to an ALS Group session and it was very informative. They're a great bunch of people. Now I'm worn out so think I'll lie down for a little bit.

Love ya all!

Marta

Marta sorry you are worn out sweetie. I wish there was a meeting somewhere close to me, but the closest one is nearly 2 hours away. Looks like yall are my support group so I will have to look to yall for info.

Marta,
I go to the ALS clinic Friday. I think they'll try to get me to join a group. I'm not sure if I want to but I'm glad to see that it was a good session for you. Rest and relax!
Joni, This thread is the best thing for me :)

2223 replies, yes trust the women to be so vocal.........you go girls ( and men)

Everyone have sweet dreams. Wednesday was a good one, hopefully your will be good as well.

Marta, the coffee Phil makes for himself is so strong it can stand up and walk. It smells great to me, but I sure can't drink it--He makes mine strong but well within "normal".

Joni, hope you always feel supported here.

Susan, Praying for your Clinic!

Hey, maybe we should all drink Phil's coffee then! LOL! I slept like a log last night. I don't think I even moved!

Susan, I've been to two meetings and I was sort of nervous to go the first time. But, the PALS and CALS and the ficilitator are all wonderful, supportive, know exactly what Brad and I are talking about, made sure I know to call them if I ever need ANYTHING! And the man that types with his eyes and his caretaker are a wealth of helpful information. He brings up questions that we hadn't thought to ask and either his caretaker or the group ficilitator expounds on the subject. Like he brought up bed sores yesterday. And a volunteer group called "Helping Hands" that do just about anything. I think you'll be glad you went if you go.

Hey ho everyone! Popping in to say hi! Yesterday was an exhausting day of sleep and more sleep and today has stuff planned but I still feel like I could sleep more! The trip seems to have taken more out of me even though I didn't have to walk as much! Anyone ever have their heel hurt so bad it feels like an icepick is stuck in it when you walk? This has been going on for several weeks and its getting worse. Wearing my AFO's make it worse. Its on my stronger side and my poor weak side is swelling up from all the work! I am going to the doc this morn to see whats up but I am feeling a bit flustered about another part of me breaking down and so quickly! This really stinks!

Ok...now that I got that out of my system... ;) The weather here could be better but its not raining and thats a good thing!
Marta I am glad you found a group to go to. I am sure that is very helpful!

Ann, I like my coffee stronger than some but not as strong as others...so I guess I am in the middle! :D But I also like my coffee with gardenelli chocolate and mint in it too!

Aly I am glad that Wednesday was a good day for you and so far its not so bad here either. :)
Have a great day everyone!

Hello everyone!
Marta, Thanks. I'll see how it goes tomorrow. I know I'll see the PT and OT's for a baseline. They tried to get me to see the SLP but I said I am one so no need. I'll tell them when I have swallowing problem. Haha!
On the coffee topic, my Mom and Dad drank Italian espresso after dinner. You could cut it with a knife. I'll always remember my Mom making the coffee in a little espressso drip pot, serving the coffee in little fancy cups with a tiny spoon. She would peel a sliver of lemon rind to put in the cup.
It's funny how little memories pop up. My Mom died 2 years ago suddenly from a stroke. Boy do I miss her! I sure do need her now.
Have a nice Wednesday everyone. I guess it's Thursday in NZ? I have to get my time zones straight.

You have a good one too Susan! ;)

Wow Joyce, wonder what's going on with your heel! Keep us posted girl! Did you take lots of pictures in your travels? If so, I'd like to see!

xoxo

Plantar Fascitis ( spelling). Hurts like Hell! It's like tendinitis of the fascia that goes across your foot and attaches to the heel. I had it years ago and it drove me crazy. I have a friend with it in both feet and she was miserable. I gave her my special arch support inserts for shoes and she rang me to say she felt much better. Takes ages to settle, but does in time. Maybe the afo has caused the inflammation?
Of course I am probably wrong, but it's one of the commonest cause of heel pain. Treatment .....anti inflammatory drugs........rest.......pt.....and if that doesn't work, then steroid injections.

Happy day everyone Aly

I think I'm having sympathy pains Joyce! My heel hurts! :(

Hey, Ladirs,

Just thuohgt I w0ould stop im 2 say "HEY". Bou it took me 4ever 2 reda all the postd fron tjhe last X I cane! Enjou UR day & evenimg. Takl 2 U'all soom.

Hey there Kimberly- glad to see you post hon.

It's good to see you Kimberly! I hope you're feeling nice and comfy!
Love ya,
Marta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back