Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh Diane! I had a similar experience once! My boyfriend (at the time) and I had just gotten home from the bar. So we're talking like 2:30 AM. We let the dog out- she was (RIP) a rotwieller and great dane mix- to use the "potty" one last time. When we opened the door to let her in, she came running so fast that she was almost a flash of light! It was so quick that it took a good chunk of seconds for us to smell the smell.... and of course, by the time we realized that she had been sprayed, she was already rolling all over the carpeting trying to rub it off. I love the smell of skunks. just love it. BUT- not when an animal has been sprayed. That is a whole different kind of stink!

And let me tell you this- theres nothing like putting your 140lb dog into the bathtub full of tomato juice at 2:30 in the morning after a night of drinking....

Hope you guys can get the stink out. its very hard to do. thanks for the trip down memory lane, Diane. oh, and BTW- the sunning sounds great! Glad you get to do it finally!

Love to you.

We are a lucky country, we don't have rabies and we don't have skunks, although I must say they are adorable looking animals. I can't imagine what the spray is like.

When I fed Silver( still can't euthanase her), there was a hedgehog in her paddock, bright and cherry. The spring flowers are coming out, weird. We did have our first frost yesterday, so maybe the season will work itself out. It's been so slow that the ski fields can't open and with school holidays starting the end of next week,it's a disaster for the operators at the fields.

10 days to go before we leave for UK. I can't wait to see Katie and Andrew.

Yay

Never smelt a skunk, but I heard it was bad..Diane did you fuss Tim out pretty bad?...lol

The only thing that I found works is something that Petco sells (or other pet stores)... forget the tomato juice! My dog caught it full in the face one night a few summers ago (I think the skunk was living under our front porch). She was vomiting all over the place as well as stinking to high heaven! A few baths and a few weeks later, we still smelled it... but faintly by then.

She also stuck her nose in a wasp nest one morning... I let her in, and noticed she looked a little puffy. I didn't see it happen, so it wasn't until about an hour later that her whole muzzle and eyes were all puffed up. Thought she looked like a rottweiler by then! called the vet, gave her benedryl, and she was fine by the end of the day. And she still chases bees & wasps.

Aly, there's no way possible to tell you how bad skunk smell is... and how long it can linger.

I beg to differ. I love the smell of skunks. but not when they spray another animal. i just love the smell when youre out driving and catch a whiff.
I can explain it, but dont know if you will know what i mean.
the only thing that is comparable to a skunks smell is very very high potentcy marijuana. If you dont know what that smells like, then i cannot help you. hehehe

Girl you are such a nut!

A trip to the doggy wash (at the car wash) and he is perkier but still smells....

This is what Max looks like --- not sure why the date comes up in Nov 2007? :(

Attachments

• November 15, 2007 001.jpg
    November 15, 2007 001.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 94
Oh Max is cute. How could he possibly smell? A face like that could do no wrong :)

Maybe when I visit the states I will get a whiff, then I will no if Liz is truely nuts!

Aly

well i can tell you right now that yes, i am nuts! everyone says im crazy for liking that smell... but i think its inherited. both my parents love it too...

you silly ladies- of course i am nuts. i wouldnt be fun if i wasnt!

Diane now Max is a handsome rascal! I hope the smell leaves soon...lol

Max is a handsome pup, Diane.

About the skunk smell--distant and outside while I'm in the house--one morning I woke smelling Phil's strong coffee (yes, of course you're right), but when he got me downstairs, there was no coffee started. I'd smelled a skunk. He commented on how there was no coffee to smell but there WAS a really odiferous skunk. Outside in the car, hate it. On a dog, triple hate it. Go figure.

So it smells like coffee! or are your skunk detectors not working ANN. Maybe Phil just sucks at making coffee :) Now I want to experience what it smells like. Not fair!

My we are a quiet bunch today. Kimberly, if you are online, I am worried about your abscence my girl. :(

Hello Ladies!
I hope everyone is doing well today. We're back from Orlando (blistering hot) but managed to talk my daughter and cousins out of Universal and into 2 days at the water parks. Yay! we won! Nice time and when the kids are happy we're happy.
Have a nice evening ,
Susan

Susan sounds like fun. We don't have any wonderful theme parks here. There is a little one in Auckland, but not worth the visit. We can go to the gold coast in Australia, where they have 4 parks, that satisfies the craving. I have been to Disneyland a few times, but never again. :)

For anyone interested in our emperor penguin, that swam 40000 km to come see NZ, he has had 2 lots of surgery to empty his stomach of sand, that he mistakenly ate, thinking it was ice, and sticks, maybe he thought they were fish? Anyway, not a very bright penguin. He is now called Happy Feet........wow someone is an original thinker.

Problem is, what to do with him. He can't go in with the zoo penguins as he will introduce diseases, he can't go back to Antarctica in case he now spreads disease there, and apparently he now needs a permit to go home or else he is breaking international laws in Antarctica ! Maybe he needs a passport to go home. He's obviously either stupid or the penguins equivalent of Captain Cook, trying to find new lands to inhabit. If he's stupid, then natural selection tried to get rid of him to us stupid humans. who are paying $1000s to keep him alive. If he is indeed an explorer, then he has landed on an alien planet, where has been captured and tortured, with needles by strange looking extraterrestrials.........no wonder happy feet is reported to be in a foul mood today!

The mind boggles %#}{]\|~<>£%#
aly

Aly,
It was fun but glad to be home and tucked into my own bed.
Poor Happy Feet. You have to feel a bit sorry for him. A long way from home with a belly full of sand!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back