Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love the painting Joni and Bama mischievous little face.he looks like wants to be the centre of attention!

Love the painting and the perky puppy, Joni!

Bama would be impossible not to spoil, Joni! Too cute. I like your painting--think it would fit in with Laurel's bubble machine?

Going from fun to ick, there is a spider that dropped onto my keyboard, but I can't find it. Bet it's inside the innerds by now.

So, the chicken jerky turned out just like the Wal Mart version. Same color and everything. Not sure if it made more or not, as she got some before it was done, and the pieces are smaller. Will try it again when it is on sale for $2 a pound. I paid $3 a pound for this batch. By the way, Sadie is my avatar pic.

Sadie is cute too. Love the spotty eye. What a spoilt dog having her own home made jerky.

Lawd Ann please get that spider pout of the computer...I hate them things! Lori what kind of dog is sadie? Just got home and Bama was sp happy to see me, when I took him and sassy out...,he ran abot 5 laps around the pool! Crazy spoilt puppy!. It was fun seeing Bruce's two friends and some other friends, but poor Bruce is worn out!

Aly I would rather ask for a magic geni than a crystal ball. Don't really want to know the future but would like to change a few things in the present...but I can be content on wherever the Lord wants me.

Joni, great art and cute pup! We feed our dogs dried salmon for treats. Has all the omega oils that are needed to help with joints and stuff. Sometimes I think our dogs eat more nutritious meals than most humans!

Beautiful weather here in Idaho these past few days. We leave for home tomorrow evening and will arrive home on Tuesday as we have a long layover in Seattle. I am not looking forward to the flying but am ready to go home. Visiting relatives can be so tiring! My Jimmie is all charged for the trip (unless I use it heavily in the next day) and today is laundry day so I do not have to do it when I get home. Might try and get some sight seeing in today.

Ok you all have a wonderful day!

Joyce have a safe trip home...reminds me of the wizard of oz "there's no place like home.." some days I know my dogs eat better than us...lol

Joni, Sadie's Mom was a purebred Golden Lab. The dad was a spotted white dog who got in there back yard. They thought Dalmation, but I am sure it was a Border Collie.

Ha Sadie must look like dad..lol I love animals though, at the houses I clean, all the dogs and cats follow me around cause they know I am gonna pet them and baby them.

Ruby has spent the afternoon barking and prancing around a hedgehog, that clearly is a little muddled. Not sure what the hedgehog is doing out during the day and mid winter? It is clever enough to know that a silly puppy cannot harm it. I swear it's laughing at Ruby :).
Maybe it has hedgehog alzheimers!

Hope you are all having a nice day. I am resting and watching the wimbeldon highlights. Wow, some amazing tennis!

Aly, animals which act oddly--such as nocturnal animals out and about during the day--raise a red flag here for rabies. In NZ, do you have rabies?

the hedge hog could be an excaped pet. I have seen people who own them as pets here in the states. We had a scare of rabies this trip. My lil one was bit in the face by a neighbors dog a week ago. It left a scratch on the bridge of her nose and two scratches on the inside of her upper lip. We didn't think much of it other than keeping the wounds clean and her away from that dog. Seems she was trying to teach the dog to roll over and it wasn't liking that at all. Two days later she comes down with a fever, headache, vomiting and her face is all swollen and hurting. I ride my Jimmie over to the next block where the dog resides to ask if their dog was up on their shots.

The man tells me that the dog is 2 and lives in their house and yard and has never been agressive before. Again I ask if the dog is up on his shots...he tells me that when they got the dog as a puppy, he had recieved his first shots already from the breeder. I just about lost my cool but realized me getting upset like that would not change the situation. So I proceeded to tell him my lil one was sick and if its from rabies then she will die soon. He just about passed out! He didn't know that rabies can kill. (duh) I told him that although her fever was not high, and we had gone to the water park the day after the bite so she might have caught something....that now I am uncertain if she was sick from the bite or from public pools. However, if I take her to an urgent care, what will happen is that they will inquire about the bite then they will come and take his dog away and put it in quarentine and he will most likely be fined.

I got his contact number then went back home. Hubby and I prayed for lil one and wisdom on what to do. I tell you I really had a sick feeling in my gut...really I did. Then I almost threw up. I started to think I was too stressed and just physically not able to take the stress...but then I realized I had a slight fever and headache....thats right! I went to the water park too and I must had caught a bug! So on that note, we watched lil one throughout the day and she started feeling better by the end of the day and was completely better the next day. The swelling took a few more days to go away but now the wounds are almost completely healed.

Meanwhile, the neighbor man had taken his dog to the vet after I left his house and not only got all the shots, but the vet put the dog into quarentine for 10 days. The vet was positive that the dog did not have rabies, but the vet did chew the guy out and educate him on the importance of the shots to protect not only the animal but his own children. Dogs can pass on more than just rabies. Luckily lil one is up on all her shots too, and she so far has not shown any signs of strepcoccis (sp?) or dipthiera (not sure if that is the right word I am looking for). The man appologies profusly and checked on lil one for several days afterward. I told him I was not out to sue him...just want him to understand the importance of immunizations when it comes to this sort of thing. My lil one learned a lesson too, never try and train someone elses dog unless you know them really well and the owner of the dog gives you permission. And by owner, I am meaning someone over the age of 18! ;)

Joyce, that is a rough week--and a serious scare. I hate to tell you I'm glad you became sick, but under the circumstances--what a relief! We do have rabid animals around here from time to time. There are no children nearby, and everyone seems to keep up with shots for their pets. A couple of times I've seen raccoons just curled up in broad daylight. Once I had my dog with me while I picked raspberries, but he didn't see the raccoon between rows of berries. I grabbed his collar and hunched down (big dog), trotting back home with him. Phil was home and took care of things from there...

Wishing you all a good, safe trip home today! I hope your stomachs are back to normal, too.

Good morning ladies,

it has been a beautiful weekend in the hills. I've been on the back and gotten some sunshine that has turned my skin a golden tan. This is the first time since we have lived here that I have had the opportunity to just sit on the deck and enjoy the sunshine. I've always been too busy in the house doing the things that an innkeeper does during the summer months. This has been a real treat.

We've had thunderstorms every night lighting up the skies over the mountains and it has been spectacular. Nothing like a night lighting ceremony from God to me. :)

However, on Saturday night the dog decided to do some exploring. After I was safely in bed, bi-pap in place, and on my way to dreamland, Tim rounded up the animals and brought them in the house. On Sunday morning after I woke and took off my mask, there was a terrible odor in the bedroom. Apparently the dog, had a run -in with the skunk the night before. Tim, being too tired to mess with cleaning up the dog, sprayed him with bathroom deodorizer and went to bed. Needless to say thie deodorizer and skunk was not a pleasant aroma. I guess you could say that I have found another benefit for using the mask -- it shuts out bad smells! :)

I hope everyone has fun filled day and a comfortable one. The two don't always go hand in hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back