Diagnosis
10/2009
Country
US
State
Vernont
City
Burlington
Does any one else get cramping in their arms? I can feel knots in my biceps. My ALS started in my right thumb about 3 years ago. Now I get get cramps all over, epecially when relaxed. When I got my last massage it felt great until 3 hours later, then ached all over. Most frustrating for me be is uability to speak now. Thank God for the technolgyy we have and that I can still write and type. My husband has been terrific about picking up the house hold chores. I admit it is hard to accept help and not having things done "my way". Thanks for listening...Becky:?

Becky, are you on anything like Baclofen. Your cramping maybe caused by UMN involvement. Drugs like Baclofen can be helpful.

not taking any drugs for cramping...doctor said spasticity helps ablitly to walk, don't want to loose that yet...

Well he is right there, take away the stiffness and legs can become jelly. Sorry you are having these cramps. Maybe your dr has an idea of what may help.

thanks for idea..will go to ALS clinic soon...see what they say...

Skelaxin helps me with the pain.

Yes, cramping muscles are really a pain. I'm getting fewer and fewer cramps in my biceps now. Perhaps because I now have less biceps to cramp ! ! ! Not severe enough now for medication though. Sometimes there is a severe burning sensation in my muscles when I stretch them in a way that I seldom use them. - - - Is this a common problem? Thanks for listening.

Does anyone feel worse when they are on their period. Increased muscle spasms?

awilia7 please do not 'piggyback' on other threads. If you have a question about ALS and you have not been diagnosed please go under the thread "Do I have ALS or General Questions about ALS/MND". Thank you.

Thanks dttuax...I would never sleep without Ambien. I was prescibed it for hot flashes several years ago. Still get the darn flashes even with all the cramping and twitching. Cramps in the arches of feet a real treat too. Going to clinic on July 7th...hopefully get some relief...Advil not cutting it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back