Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I was 12 ,I went on a trip to see my rels in England. On the way home we stayed at a lovely posh hotel in Singapore. I couldn't believe that next to the toilet there was a foot wash bowl. Couldn't work out how to use it. Everyone I pulled the lever, the water shot feet into the air, making a frightful mess of the bathroom. My parents didn't have any idea what it was either. It was many years before I found out it was a bidet for washing your backside! Had no one heard of toilet paper in Asia! Lol I prefer to think it was a foot wash tub, but I am rather glad I never actually put my foot in it :)

Avril, hope you are as ok as possible, join us for tea when you feel up to it.

I asked my Hubby for a crystal ball for my birthday. He just laughed! Maybe a shopping trip to England will have to do, would prefer the crystal ball. It's Saturday morning and the local council has closed the soccer fields so instead of watching soccer I will go to the local market. Anna is going to have a cup cake wedding cake, and the ladies who are making it have a stall. I will buy some to taste ( not me though).

Have a lovely day ladies and gents .....hugs....

Aly I have always wanted a crystal ball too! My second choice would be one of those soap bubble making machines--sort of an electronic version of what the kids use when they dip a wand into a bottle of soap and blow the bubbles out. The electronic one just streams them non stop. Don't know why I have a yen for one of those, but it catches my fancy <g>. I am in the immobilized state as we move from the farm in 4 days to the townhouse. We are just heading off to the lawyer's office to sign the conveyance papers. I am excited but sad too. Still have lots of cleaning of kitchen cupboards, fridge, some barn cleaning as the damned starlings have been pooping it up like crazy down there since the horses are gone. I hope everyone is doing well today. Lots of love and hugs to all.
Laurel

Hello all! Our dog is Sadiemae. We got her when she was 8 months old(11-07). Actually got her for my boss, but it didn't work out , so we kept her. She is SPOILED rotten. When we got her, we had another dog(MY DOG TAZ) and when we lost our house we could only keep one dog, and we kept Sadie. Anyway, she loves treats. Her favorite is Chicken Jerky. I decided to try and make it myself, see if it is cheaper. Will let you know how it turns out. I make the WORLDS BEST human beef jerky. A few forum members will attest to that. What do you all spoil your dogs with?

So, do you have a special out building you hang the humans in to dry them out or do you stick them in the oven? LOLOL! Sorry, I just couldn't pass that up. Sounds yummy but but I'm curious. What is the difference between dog treat jerky and jerky for people? I have cats and...well, you know that cats require spoiling so that's a given. Lily only drinks from my bathroom faucet. She requires fresh water, not water that's been sitting in a bowl for too long. Annabell isn't quite so persnickity. :)

Bones, bones and more bones. I have 2 labradors and they live for food. I get cannon bones chopped up at the local supermarket and they get 2 per week. My back lawn sometimes looks like an entire cattle beast has been eaten :)

Jerky would be gulped and not even touch the sides. They need bones and huge ones.!

Your post came in while I was typing Marta. I had to go back and see what Lori had written, human jerky, glad I am sitting on the toilet having a moments peace. I laughed ...............

Speaking of a bidet, when I first started cleaning homes, there were 2 toilets, so I knew one was funny looking...anyway cleaned it and flushed...lol needless to say it got me good in the face. I found out quick what a bidet was! My dogs favorite treats are bones, but they love chicken jerkey tenders, but they are a bit pricey. laurel I know you must have some mixed feelings..sorry. Kimberly so glad that you checked in , I missed your posts!

Joni, I had to laugh out loud at your response to the bidet. Tim is installing mine in between guest breakfasts and mowing the lawn -- 28 acres. If I'm lucky, I might have it up and running by the end of July. :) I can hardly wait. When I told him that it was a little like getting an electric skillet for Christmas -- not too personal a gift, he replied that he thought wiping my butt was pretty personal!

My dog is Max, and he likes a slice of bread after his evening meal.

My "human" jerky has lots of spices and marinades on it, and Sadie loves that too. She found Les's stash of it a couple yrs ago and ate it all. What I am doing is just slicing chicken breast and putting it on the dehydrater. I buy her the chicken jerky at WalMart, and it is 10 bucks for a big bag. Just wanted to see how much 10 bucks of my home made makes. Looks like it will be about the same, but won't know until it is done.

Phil would attest to Lori's human beef jerky! He says it's delicious. Lori, good to see you posting here.

Laurel, I hope you get a bubble machine...very whimsical of you, and as you're going into a new digs, you might as well fill it with things that strike your fancy! I know finishing this last few days, and getting everything into your new place must be exhausting.

The bidet stories are funny. Aly--the "foot wash tub"! These "bidet seats" require sitting in the proper position, and in a sling, sometimes the positioning is really off. The idea is to keep the sling dry...not always happens. My biggest fear is having water shoot up my back (the controls have to be rearranged each time.) I'm not sure I said that Phil is really glad now he spent the money, LOL.

Kimberly, it was fun to hear from you--your sense of humor is still intact!

Lori that is what I buy mine..they love it. I bet your is good too! Diane poor Tim has that much to mow! wow, you may never get a bidet. So glad you are back on:)

What a great bunch of laughs.
Talking of dogs and eating, I just got back from walking the dogs. I didn't get far......ruby started vomiting, poor wee girl, after six stops I turned for home. Can't think what she has eaten. Hubby said there's no poison anywhere and she stayed with me on the road. Fingers crossed she will be ok. Labs and their stomachs, ridiculous.

Now I have 2 neurologists coming for afternoon tea. Hmmmm one os covering Paul while away for the trials and her husband is thinking of taking Hubbies clinical director job that he's resigned from( all because my ex neuro is being a jerk). Talking of jerk and jerky and human jerky. I know a skinny egotistical neurologist that Lori can string up:).

Naughty naughty. I must get a grip of my emotions. Been a bad tempered cow these past few days. Need a better attitude I think.

Actually lots of laurels bubbles might do the trick. I rather fancy prancing around in the garden popping them. Talking of bubbles.....my daughter purchased BBQ flavored bubble mixture for the dogs! They didn't seem to appreciate the bubbles tasting like meat!

You all are a hoot! Taylor ,the older Maltese that set us back the $400 this week LOVES Duck Jerky. It's 18 bucks a bag but it goes a long way.It has glucosamine and chondroitin for his floating kneecaps. Felicity, the blind one with seizures loves anything you give her from carrots to Beggin Strips.
Our beloved petsitter will be here this weekend while we're in Orlando. She has to sleep over for these two crazy Malteses. I have three kids. Two furry and one with skin. Hahaha!
Goodnight everyone, sleep well.
Susan

Ok BBQ flavored bubbles? Now I have heard it all...lol Susan have fun in Orlando!

Hi everyone! Off to Orlando tomorrow. I'll check in with all of you on Tuesday.
Take care,
Susan

Hey ladies what do you think about my new painting, oh and here is mischevious Bama!...lol:grin:

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 100
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 95
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back