Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I know Aly. I think I need pillows for my knees too! And head...and...

Good morning! :)

Hello ladies,
How is everyone today? My daughter went to Busch Gardens today so I have the day to myself! Maybe clean the house? NOT!
God Bless,
Susan

Well, its now officially summer, the boys had their last 1/2 day of school today... course it's been rainy and cold since day before yesterday! Feels like spring, not summer!

Liz, you go girl! I could never make myself go white water rafting, I had friends that did it really early on, when it first became popular. This was in the early to mid eighties, and they called themselves The Sick Puppies. I told them if I were going to spend that much money on something, then I was heading to Florida and sit my butt on a beach, not go to Maine or Canada and put on a wetsuit! But my brothers all went and had a ball, I'm just not that into drowning. The ride at Busch Gardens Tampa was enough for me!

I think we should all invest in knee pads, the kind you can strap on when gardening... or rollerblading. I know I would have saved my left knee a while back when I wiped it out on the wooden door before hitting the floor. that one really hurt...

Happy rainy day here...

Ouch Helen! Yeah, maybe I should get a walker and a helmet. That might be safer. My cane helps a lot but not when I drag a toe.

I never had the nerve to white water raft either. Maybe a gentle one would be good. My sibs and their kids did last year in MT and they had a blast! The pictures look fun too.

Susan, we had a family trip to Sarasota when I was about 14. We loved that area!

Susan don't clean house..yuck, have some fun! I have not ever rafted either, I would probably fall out and break something, or hit a rock. I ama coward:)

A coward you are definitely not sweet Joni.
Aly

Hi Ladies,
Didn't clean house, instead went to meet my good friend and co-worker at a nice Thai restaurant and had lunch. She gave me a pep talk. She was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer 5 years ago. The doc's gave her a 20% chance. Guess what, they we're wrong. She told me I was there for her and now she's here for me. I guess we'll find out who are our true friends.
Helen, I live in Palm Harbor which is between Tampa and Clearwater. I say Tampa because no one knows Palm Harbor.

Marta,
Sarasota is about 2 hours from me. I think it's one of the prettiest areas of Florida. They nicest beaches are over that way. We have Clearwater beach but it's very touristy.

Good for you Sue! Definitely need to have a nice lunch, who cares about the clean house anyway!

I have good friends who live in Pinellas Park, and my niece lives in Naples... my brother and SIL are selling their house and karate business and are moving down there as well, opening up another karate studio down there. They're done with the weather up here, always wanted to live there and best yet, no ICE storms!

A belated welcome back to Diane...and I am so glad it was the computer and not you, yourself, having trouble.

Knee pads sound like a good idea. And Marta, too funny your co-worker wouldn't hug you after your "usually I get..." comment! You do have Brad nicely trained, though--which is lots more important. I often was given analysis...not mental, but rather, "when are you going to start..." since I was a problem that needed fixing. Now that my voice has no volume if I'm bent over, the problem is being heard when I ask for help. It's usually "To later laugh about".

Susan, such great news about your friend's recovery! And, she will undoubtedly understand so much as a result of having gone through so much herself. Good friends are priceless.

Hello y'all! I type so slowly, like a little old lady driving on a super highway, Zoom, Zoom!

Helen, I worked in Pinellas Park when I got out of College. It was off of Seminole Blvd. My Aunt lives in Naples.
No ice here but hurricanes. We've been lucky in the past. The last one was about 6 years ago. We evacuated to Orlando, where the hurricane turned and hit instead of Clearwater. Needless to say I'm off the evacuation committee :)
Your right Ann, true friends are priceless. She is one of the few people I told. I'll miss working with her. We worked together for 7 years.
Well ladies, the mop and bucket awaits.

Susan going out for lunch sounds like a much better idea than boring old housework, that's what I am doing. :(

Olivia has changed her tickets and is coming home next Tuesday. Can't wait to hug her and hold my broken little bird. Her boyfriends best friend has just been killed kayaking in Canada. His kayak got stuck upside down and he drowned......so young and he had his life all ahead of him. So so sad.

My silly bread didn't rise and I feel like crying again. Don't know what's got into me.......just been not quite right since my Drs appt last week. Sigh.have no idea why, it's so silly. A 20 year old boy is dead and I am feeling sorry for myself, how stupid is that. I think maybe it's more worry about Olivia. I need her home

Ann, Brad is a sensitive guy in training. He picks things up pretty quickly though. He's a good hugger. He didn't used to know when they were desperately needed and thought he had to say just the right thing when all I needed was his hug. He's got that down very well now thank goodness. I need my hugs!

Susan, Sarasota was so long ago. Thanks for a good time memory.

Poor Dear Aly, here's a {{{{{Hug}}}}} for you. It sounds like you just needed a good excuse to have a cry and flat dough is as good as any. I get like that too sometimes. So sad about Little Bird's friend drowning. So young. It just goes to show you that we are truly blessed. I'll be 60 in December. There are many that don't even get half that.

Joni, I'm with you. I've never been a big fan of adrenaline. Bradley is but not I.

Now that I am back into the swing of things I need to share my birthday with you. I was 64 on the 17th and instead of a birthday bash, I requested a Subway sandwich with a coke. The way I look at it I should enjoy what I can while I can!

No cake and ice cream -- no balloons -- no streamers -- no candles -- no packages to unwrap (thank goodness, since my hands don't unwrap). Instead, my beloved TH, gave me a bidet! Now, could anything be any better? Warm water and warm air on my butt... weeeeee!

After reading all of your posts regarding bras, knickers, etc. I felt I needed to contribute :)

Glad that you announced it, Diane--having just read your note, I had to post on your page--I like practical things myself, and while Phil thought the bidet was a bit over the top (heated seat?), he's certainly glad for it now.

So Congratulations to you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back