Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Helen dang but you are good...lol yes maam i am an ala girl...

Helen! That itinerary sounds perfect! Well get that cute little Aly over here and show her the sights! That would be soo cool. If only...

Gosh "hell on wheels", I had to sit down after reading that itinerary. Wow, glad you are a graphic designer and not a travel agent. Seriously tho. I am going to try and come. Hubby should have time off before he goes back to hospital next year, and after the thesis is finished. He could come help me and do the driving. Anns a bit illl for visitors tho.

Hubby took me to the daytime movies. We were the youngest there! Saw the Conspirators. It's a movie about Mary Sarrat and her trial after the shooting of Abraham Lincoln. Probably lynching would be a better word than trial. Good movie.

Linda, I don't have ALS so I needed to lose weight to help with my mobility. I was grumbling last week about how 40ibs off has made no difference at all to my inability to whizz up stairs and inclines..........Hubby is going to fill a pack with 40 lbs and make me go up the stairs to prove it would have made a difference..........does that mean I have got worse.........logic says yes :(

Stopped blubbering now, I just want my baby home!

Aly, yes 40 pounds makes an enormous difference! So proud of you and your accomplishment. You look beautiful.
Linda

Wow Aly! I wish I could be down 40 like that! You look great! I am loosing weight very slllloooowwwwllllyyyy, like maybe a half pound every few months. I suspect its more muscle than fat coming off because I am getting like a balloon filled with pudding...mushy and saggy!

Ok, I survived the water park! But this will definately be the last time I go to a water park. They are too expensive to just sit there! I did manage to get to the shaded area by the kiddie pool, about 10 minutes after the rest of the party got there, as they needed to run to save us some chairs. I managed to do this feat without the use of my braces, canes or power chair. It was exhausting and slow going. At times a little scary as people hurried past me and kids bumping into me, but I did it!

First was the kiddie wading pool which was not heated and really cold! I got down the 3 steps holding on to the railing and by the time I got to the bottom, the cold water on my legs made them spasm into a tight knot. So I got out and after they subsided I went to the river which was close by and was so much warmer. It didn't have much water in it as last time so I couldn't float around it without a ring preserver. Also my upper body could not hold on to it for a very long time so I had to walk most of the way around. It took only 5 minutes to do one whole loop, but I did it! Took another 5 minutes to go up the 5 steps to get out of the river! Sat down on the chair reserved for me but it was so low I couldn't get back up when it was time to get the girls some lunch. Had to have the aid and another person help me up out of it. They ended up switching out my low beach chair for a lounge chair they found that was a little higher and I could put my feet up on.

So there is where I spent the rest of the day at the park. Managed to get out to the car with the help of the aid lady. Its sad to say goodbye to water parks....

So then later in the day, I had to find my lil one that had taken off on a barrowed bike to play with the kids around the block from my mom's house. So I got in my shiney new "Jimmie" power chair and zoomed down the street at an ok clip of 3.5 mph! Can't say that my hair was blowing in the wind or anything...but my mom is saying she will buy me a large flag to put on the back and maybe a windmill spinner toy to attach to the top of the pole instead of the flag. I told her all I want for it is a cane holder and a horn that goes "AAAAUUUUUUGA!" or maybe on that does the tune of "La Cacaroacha" :D

So sorry to hear about Rox, my prayers are with her.

Joyce, I'm glad you got that trip to the water park in. I also think they're too expensive to sit around on my butt... I haven't bothered to go to the beach yet this year, or in a pool though I could get into a pool with those nice steps to sit on. I'm not even going to attempt the ladder in my above ground pool!

I also want to get a horn that blasts that, not like the microwave "beep" it currently does!

Aly, my door is always open, you just let me know when you'll be here girl! I'll even come and pick you guys up (as long as I don't have to walk much that is). Maybe your hubby could arrange a meeting with the docs at the clinics here, and write the whole trip off!

aly,it would be too far for you and take time out of your trip but i will pm you my number if you wanted to give me a call.
WOW,you really lost that much weigth...........that is just fantastic and you look great,well done.

joyce,you gave it a go girl and thats what counts.....proud of you.

Wow Aly, you look amazing! On the news this AM a penguin turned up on Peka Peka beach NZ. Is that near you Aly?
I hope everyone is having a good day :)
Susan

Well done Joyce. Sorry you were so tired, kinda ruins things huh. I must admit I was a bit naughty and had a little chuckle at your expense.......the image of you stuck in a low chair was just too much for me, sorry :)

Helen, seriously I might take you up on the offer. Charlotte is moving home in about October, she has a new teaching job in a little country school, where she went as a little girl. She could play mum for Sam and I could maybe get away with Hubby for a couple of weeks. He did say there was a great epilepsy unit in Boston, so he could right the trip off as a business expense. I will talk to him about it later.

Went to a clinical school dinner last night. My old neuro said hello to everyone at the table and pretended Hubby and I were not there. So I piped up, oh chilly! Never keep my mouth shut :)

Olly, might be a bit much, but a phone calls a good idea.

Just talked to Hubby, he said brrrr, but is keen. So now where is marta and Kimberly compared to Boston?
I should do the google earth thing. We don't learn about American geography as you can imagine!

Hiya to everyone else.
Aly

Last edited:
Hey gang! I am here and writing, not just reading. My typing days are over and I am now using Dragonspeak full time. So when my computer crashed the program was on it and I was using Tim's to read all your posts but couldn't type to respond.

I am now back but it will take me awhile to catch up --the sun is shinning and temps in the high 60's so I am going to move to the deck and enjoy the beauty of the outdoors ! The cat, Miss Kitty, has been sunning herself all morning! Last evening she caught a bat and is darn proud of herself today!

That brings her contributions to the eco-system at our ranch include many field mice, and mountain bluebirde, 2 garden snakes and 1 mole and now the bat! She is quite the hunter --but I don't need her to lay them at the front door to welcome guests! :)

I'll be back! :)

Oh my goodness, how embarrassing Dianne, knickers, bras, compulsive explosions of shopping and all? Poor poor Tim.

So, so nice to hear you.

Diane, welcome back! We've missed you... my cat also has cleaned up our neighborhood, mostly with chipmunks and mice... but I unfortunately did see her leap into the air and nab a bird last summer that was trying to get seeds from my sunflowers... I felt so bad!

Funny thing, I was at a friend's garage to get my oil changed the other day, and his wife (who runs the business side of things) and I were talking about her little rescue dog... he's from the streets of Puerto Rico, so no one knows what kind he is. He was really proud of himself as he caught a large woodchuck in their garden and brought it to their front door. Her husband tossed it on the side of the road and called animal control to get it! While we were chuckling over that, her dog jumped up out of a sound sleep, raced across the parking lot and chased a chipmunk around several cars, into the garage, back out, and nabbed it! I couldn't believe it. Poor chipmunk, but boy, that little dog was sooo proud of himself!

Aly, I just saw on the news that you have an Emperor Penguin that swam to New Zealand, over 4,000 miles they're saying. Cool!

Also, if you do come, make sure you're in Boston for the 4th of July celebration, it's pretty cool... not that I'll ever go sit all day waiting for it! I watch it on tv at home, much more comfortable, and lots of fun to see all the brave souls.

ALY! Holy crap! You are one hot mama! So so so proud of you and your weight loss! I know youve been working so very hard for it. As for the car- it was a VW, wasnt it? I think you need something flashier, quicker, and red...er. LOL!

Now, all this talk about Aly coming to visit has got me a little worried. Dont get me wrong- I would love it, but I dont know how to be a good host and I feel like its very boring where I live. Maybe somehow we could make it work that I come to the eastcoast when she comes over. I want to see you ladies over there and the ocean of course. I have a friend who lives in MA, and the door is always open there so all i would have to worry about is airfare.

Went to my first MLB game last night. It was SO COOL! and i dont even like baseball that much. but when I saw the field, i felt like a little kid! the field is so bright green and all the guys uniforms were so clean and bright. and to see all the people... wow. Miller Park seats around 45,000 i think. it wasnt a packed house, but still crazy. We won too, so that was a plus!

The girl thats in my avitar with me has invited me to go rafting with her and a few other people. sounds fun, but i am afraid of water. but lately im on this thing where i want to face my fears- the thing is there are rapids along the way. its a seven hour trip down river with 3 spots of rapids. each one is worse than the last and they each have a waterfall you must go over... i know its not super super strong rapids, but strong enough that they send helmets and lifejackets with you. my friend says there are a few stops along the river where they have make-shift bars and parties. it sounds like so much fun. i really hope i can get past my fears and do it- but i have such high anxiety that i will probably have an attack. no meds either :(
this friend is the one i am supposed to be going skydiving with... Im thinking shes going to get me into trouble!

Im going to a Drag show soon. As in men dressed like women... I think it will be a blast. I hope we get lots of pictures!

you ladies and gent(s) probably think Im a whacko. in all reality though, you shouldve already thought that!

Love to u all as always!

I think you're perfect Liz! Have a blast, face your fears, live life! There's nothing better than being at the ballpark. I've even gone to games with girlfriends and talked through the whole game! That's when I lived in Texas and went to the Rangers games. Now, I'm a serious Rockies fan and only yell when I just can't help it. So fun!
I fell again today at work dernit. One of my male co-workers picked me up. After I calmed down I told him "I usually get a hug after." He never did hug me. Brad did though when he got home. ;) I only skinned my knee again. I don't know how much longer I can work. Can't be falling down all the time.
Diane, it's so good to see you! Great that you can still post! We did miss you. Has anyone heard from Kimberly yet? Hope she's okay and just conserving her fingers for important things.
Love you all very much and know you're in my prayers.

Marta, you are not supposed to be falling over. I will have to send you a cushion, to tape to your behind!

Liz, definitely go rafting.it's something I would love to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back