Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Helen, it sounds like you have a great itinerary for your kids to come to alaska. They will love it!

Aly, the car looks great and so does the hair color! I went to a blond color to cover the gray, that way I wont have 'senior moments' but instead I have 'blonde moments'...which do you think is better to have? ;)

Caroline...your getting your knickers back in a bunch again? :D I am sure I will tire of the 3.5 mi per hour on the power chair, but my lil one has short legs and I have to go even slower than that when she is with me, so it might be a while before I tire of 3.5 (if I ever can get to going that fast!). I guess I could use that speed as my "get angry at someone and stomp out of the room" type speed. ;)

Ok today I go to the water park. My delema is what do I bring? I have my lil one and the lil girl across the street here to go with. Along with my lil sister (she is 19 yo down syndrome) with her aid going and the aid is the driver. So basically, I wont be going on anything other than the 'river' that wraps around in a long windy circle. I can do only a few laps in that for cooling off, although this year might be a little tricky getting out. I had problems 2 years ago fighting the current to get out at the stairs....this year I am weaker. Do I just not do water at all (same cost of $20 to get in) and bring my chair to sit in the whole time? Or do I bring my two canes and hope no one runs off with them while I swim? Or do I hang on to the aid and get to the shaded area (we plan on getting there first thing when they open to stake our claim in front of the river) and then try to get in and out of the river, even by crawling if I fail to stand?....decisions decisions!

Good morning, Joni! It's good to have you back--having no computer is very difficult.

Aly, wow--do you look sharp! So does the car, but I'm more interested in you. Your hair is worth a lot. Hahaha!

Helen, sweetie, I am sorry you had a bad week last week. I'll behave in regard to your husband since I can't think of anything legal you can do.:shock: Actually, Phil has zip patience with laziness and incompetence. We were just talking Sunday--the new-ish central air next door has quit, and it was installed so badly, Phil redid it, as well as make all the ductwork after the "professionals" were shown out the door (paid!). So, he's ordered a little part and prays the motors haven't burned up. This next weekend will either be very tense or a quick Alleluia.

Kim (P. Zaphoon), I'm sure the sights you saw from the tornado were horrifying. It must make a huge impact when seen in person. I'm so glad there is help shown by churches and other groups...it's certainly needed.

Hi Joyce! Have fun today!

aly your coming to england? where abouts?
oh it would be so good to meet up if we had the chance.

joyce,just go for it girlfriend and have a great time.
honestly 4mph is nothing now,i keep thinking the battery is low or something is wrong because it just does not seem fast anymore..........i've become a speed freak lol.

hello to the rest of you lovely ladies...........oh ,and kim.

Aly, great hair, but the car should be fire engine red and a little 2-seater to be a midlife crisis car... oops that's for guys! What model is it anyway, I was trying to figure it out, but the photo was too small on my computer.

Since I used to be a natural blond, I guess I can say that being blond is much better than senior moments... now that I have both. I have to say that blond jokes should ONLY be applied to bleach blonds, since I think the chemicals must do something to addle their brains... (I used to be smart you know – now that I have kids, I guess I'm not, according to them.)

Ann, you can pick on my hubby all you want... god knows I do! But he totally deserves it! :) I told the kids to watch out, when I move, I'm getting a one-bedroom condo, and they can all go live with their dad... they said they'd starve to death the first week, but I told them it would definitely take longer than that! So looks like I will still have my babies! :)

Daughter and I had a argument yesterday over rudeness to me on the phone, and since then, she's actually been nice! Great to win one once in a while... :)

Joyce, take the chair so you don't have to walk, pull out the canes near the water if you need them. I've been trying to decide whether to take my kids to 6 Flags this summer (which I hate! Expensive, too hot, too long a wait, too many scummy people walking around half naked... come on, you really don't need a string bikini when you're 200 pounds! Not to mention hardly anyone speaks english anymore, and I'm tired of that as well...) Sorry, I digressed! :)

ANYWAY, if I go, I'm definitely taking my scooter with me (along with the charger just in case) and milk it for all its worth... might as well the price you pay! I probably won't go on many rides (never did anyway) as its getting too hard to get up and down from a seated position. But the kids will have fun.

I imagine the devastation in Joplin, MO is pretty bad... we have our own areas that got annihilated a few weeks ago, but I haven't gone there personally... they don't want sightseers we would just get in the way of people helping. I saw on tv about a family that lost all 7 of their cats when their house was literally turned upside down... but they ended up finding all of them, pretty much safe.

Lots of love to all, beautiful sunny day here in the low 80's... have to get out later on and enjoy it, but back to my work for now.

Hi Ladies,
Just got back from the mall with daughter and her friend. They bought "chocolate masques" and are giving each other facials.
Joyce, ( my daughters middle name.) I'm going to the Disney water parks again this weekend. I had the same problem last time with the lazy river. My husband wasn't there to get me in and out of the tube. Hung on and hoped I didn't go under like a sack of potatoes. This weekend we're doing Universal Harry Potter and it's blasting hot. Should be interesting how I do. My legs aren't bad it the hands and voice that's going first on me.
Aly, what a beautiful pic! Your so pretty! So's the car! I drive a big Suburban. I call it the Tank!
Helen,
Disney has many specials that make an affordable trip. One is free dining at certain weeks and something called pin codes. To get a pin code you go to register at Disneyworld.com. These codes will give you % off at certain hotels. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask. We go often since we're 90 min away.
I went to CVS Drugstore today. A cheerful cashier said " would you like to donate a $1 toward our ALS fight " So I did and leaned over and told her I have it. She looked so shocked! I think I threw her for a loop, poor kid. She looked at me and said "oh I'm soooo sorry and we are raising tons of money for you. Sweet girl:) I can't believe I said something to her since most of my family and friends don't know yet.
Hi Ann! Last year we came home from vacation in July with no air. It was so hot in the house that my wine bottles leaked in the wine rack. I don't know how people lived in FL with no air.
Off to the vet's to shell out another $150 for a second thyroid test for the Maltese. I'm up to $400 for this thyroid thing.
Have a nice afternoon all,
Susan

Morning, Joni babe,
Morning all, what nutty thing shall I get up to today. A friend of SAMs passed us yesterday, in a new Mercedes, wow, cost the same as a house.....who does that. Made my obsession with Holden commodores look cheap. Maybe I should spend my afternoons just test driving cool cars......hmm maybe a Range rover today, that's what royalty drive around their castles.
Best wishes for yesterday everyone.
Kimberly, missing you, cheer up, we love you heaps :)

Aly
Whoops missed a whole page of stuff, don't you hate it when that happens. Will go and read backwards now

Helen, they didn't have the car I like as a demo in red:( the second car I had out, had red sporty seats and was black, will that do. I was a bright yellow one. Poor Hubby spent timevlooking at the brochures last night. He is a little confused,as to whether I am serious. I can't help him there as I don't know myself. Just feel a little crazy since I saw the doctor last week!

My poor liv rang last night and wants to come home. Had been crying all day, sigh. She's back in 2 weeks so I told her we would discuss what to do then (sigh). I told Sam that when he turns 13 I am going to turn into a mean mother. He asked why.....cause I want you to dislike me so much that you can't wait to leave home and won't miss me! Sadly you just can't change yourself like that.

Helen glad you won with your daughter.

Joyce. Just be careful and don't put yourself in a position to be in the water and exhausted. My hairdresser told me to keep out of the water for a couple of days else my hair might go green. I needed an excuse to stop swimming for a bit. I have a titanium plate in my neck, and all the swimming has caused constant headaches and heaps of pain killers. Had no headache yesterday, yay :)

Olly, if you are reading this, I am doing Devon, Cornwall, IOW, London. My eldest daughter lives in Exeter. We are spending time with family on IOW then Devon, Cornwall then staying with my cousin in London for a few days. How close are you. I could catch a train from London to see you if you are not too far away.

Ok. I am hogging this thread way too much, But hubby just took some photos of me holding the jeans I was wearing in January. I am a big fat Show off. Sorry

Attachments

• 22062011(001).jpg
    22062011(001).jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 111
  • 22062011(002).jpg
    22062011(002).jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 106
Way to go Aly! You're definitely half the size you were, but still twice the woman... (hmmm, did that make sense?) :)

Just saw on the news that they're trying to legalize "medical marijuana" here ins Mass., and interviewed a man with ALS for the story. He uses it for the muscle spasms.

I don't know if anyone else saw this, but Lavender Lady (Roz) is now in hospice and isn't able to type... her SIL posted an email address for messages, so I'm not sure if they'll check back here or not. I feel so badly for her, I really wish there was SOMETHING we could do!

I read that Helen about Rox..oh I hate this disease. Aly I am really impressed! You have somne willpower girl!

Yes just read that myself. It's just getting so hard, seeing people get sicker, it's just the nature of this darn beastly disease. Oh what a fortnight it's been here for sadness.

To lighten up..........I am twice the woman, cause now my size D boobs poke our further than my tummy. No that didn't work, I am still crying.

Love aly

I am so very saddened by Rox, Lavender Lady. She hasn't even been diagnosed a year. Ugh, this disease is a beast! I have been in a funk and feeling sorry for myself and now I read about Rox and I feel so bad for her. I know I am supposed to keep a good attitude, stay positive, yadda yadda. But sometimes you just need to grieve and that should be okay.

Aly, I might say that your weight loss is very impressive. You look amazing. Aren't you supposed to be trying not to lose weight? I was told high fat, high calorie.
Linda

Aly Girl! You're stunning next to that little sports car with your skinny jeans, boots and darling hair and face! Your husband will forgive you I'm sure! How coule he not?
And hello and Happy Summer Solstice to all you Pies up there!
Love ya all so much!
Marta

Aly, I think you should start in the U.S. here in Massachusetts, go down the East Coast to Maryland to see Ann, South Carolina to see Kimberly (you can bring her my extra computer if you drive, hey, it’s only about 16 hours or so I bet!), then swing down through the south... Alabama I think? Can't remember who lives there... Joni is it you? Think it was, you had us so worried during those tornadoes! hmm, we have to get you up to Wisconsin as well to see Liz, then to Colorado to see Marta and where does Diane live? ...South Dakota! Oh, and Sue G. lives in Maine, but maybe she can come down to visit in Mass. Our new Susan lives in Tampa (one of my favorite cities), and Linda in Arizona...Kim in Missouri...Joyce in Alaska, now that’s a long trip from here! You’ll have to fly there though, unless you drive up through Canada. Then you might as well visit all our forum friend up in Canada too! I think this trip is going to take a year or so...

But if you fly over from England, Boston is a very logical choice to start, don’t you think so?

My apologies to anyone I've missed! Love you all, you make my day a brighter place to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back