Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning All!
I hope everyone had a nice weekend. Trying to figure out how to entertain my daughter this summer. I think I'll hit the library this afternoon :)
Have a blessed day!
Susan

Good morning Susan! How old is your daughter?

She is 11, going on 12 this Aug. She is our only child. I had her at 40 after trying for almost 20 years. She is the light of our lives. She thinks she is too old for camps Haha! When I was a kid we would go outside and play all day. Not anymore!
Next weekend we're meeting her cousins in Orlando and going to Universal.

I hear that. Our parents had to beg us to come indoors to eat and sleep and other life sustaining activities. Times sure have changed!

Hi all!
I am in Idaho at the moment visiting with my mom. Having a relaxing time. Got my new power chair and used it so far only once. Boy I didn't think that 3.5 mph was fast but it really is faster than I remembered! :D I have read through all the posts since I was here and I wanna say Howdie to all the newbies to this thread. Welcome back for the one whose computer wasnt working (sorry but names are escaping me for the time being). And just wish you all here the best!

To susanf...I have a 12 1/2 yo who is my 4th but is like an only child because her sibblings are all grown up. I had her also when I was 40. I found myself sitting on a stool in the middle of my mom's garden playing with little toy ponies with her yesterday. Gotta keep her entertained when there is no one else for her to play with! They are fun aren't they!?

She certainly is. We do have fun and a very "girly-girl". We're in Fl so it's really hot to play outside for any length of time. Most of the time is spent in the pool.
Have a good day all :)

It's good to hear from you, Joyce! Glad you have your scooter, and glad you and Susan have your girls. (You, too, Ken--I see ya! And, you have lots of girls!)

Diane, it's wonderful to know you're on the forum today. You've been sorely missed, and I want to tell you, you are very much loved.

Marta, good insight on changing habits in order to quit smoking.

Linda, Aly, Kimberly (who needs her own computer so she can come out to play!), and all--love you!

Susan and Joyce, I also had a child in my 40's! He's #3, and I had my kids at nearly 36, 39, and 41... He'll be turning 12 this summer, so you know I'M OLD! :)

Wonder if there is any link between neuro problems and late pregnancies? hmmm... Aly, ask your hubby!

I've wondered if having several epidurals may have damaged something as well, but who knows.

My kids get out of school this Wed for the high school, and Thursday for middle school (one day later due to excess snow on the roof!), then I'll be trying to work from home with 3 kids bickering! Luckily I'm sending the boys off to Alaska to stay with you Joyce! (Kidding, but they'll be in Denali, Kenai Fjords Nat'l Park, Seward, Mckinley, and a bunch of activities. I'm going to miss them!)

Hope everyone is well, and having a good day!

Wow, we all do have a lot in common, what's with all the 11 & 12 year olds. I have one of those as well, but apart from Kimberley, no one can beat 5 :). That could form some sort of medical study......babies late in life and neurological stuff?

Sequia , whoops can't spell, my diet is sel driven, problem is I have a sweet tooth and got very fat. I am now shrinking. I remember the neuropsych I saw who helped me with the whole, neurologists wife with neurological thing, telling me, you need to lose weight incase you end up needing assistance in the future! Bless his sweet little Texan heart :) . It's taken a year to get started, but I am getting there.

I popped some lab kits for a trial patient, into the lab yesterday......went waltzing in to the back room as always and got a glare from a lady who didn't recognize me. Well I have died my hair dark, and I am naturally blondish. It was very cool :). I have had my last spending spree, promise.

Off to hairdresser, to have my hair lightened, I feel a blonde moment approaching. Then off to a close out meeting for my acne trial, which is now in boxes. Sad, I liked working there.

Another wet Tuesday, so raincoats out yet again. Oh and I got a new pair of high top boots. My 6 th pair. Told Hubby they help hold my twisted foot straight, which is not a lie. They are great for my feet and support my lower leg, however I didn't really need more. Oh that's right I said my spending spree was over........I do feel a new red v8 car coming on, maybe while he is away in the Netherlands?

Love you all
Crazy kiwi gal

Love to you Aly! :)

Nothing wrong with playing in the pool... except mine is still brown, and full of winter dead decaying leaves (hopefully nothing else in there!)

Joyce, glad you have a scooter! Oops, guess it's a power chair, I don't have one of those yet, I'm jealous! :) I keep telling my boys to look for a way to modify my scooter and "turbo charge" it... though it usually goes fast enough for me.

Aly, you do know that we all live vicariously through your travels and shopping trips, but you do need to start posting some pics! And I would have had more than 3 kids but I was too damn old when I started... I do have 4 brothers though, so grew up in a large family.

Kim, I have an old computer that I could send you, but it would cost more to ship it than it's worth. And, it's not a laptop, which is probably what you need... See if your local MDA chapter has any ipads, I read somewhere that our South Shore chapter bought a bunch of them for PALS... maybe your local chapter can at least get you one for a major discount.

hello ladies......just thought i would peep in and see what your all gossiping about lol.

joyce i was wondering were you had got to,great stuff that you have your chair.
i thought 4mph with my scooter was fast at first but then you get used to it and you feel like your crawling...........i want more power.

Good Agftrenoom Ladies,

Sorru I hace been gone so loimfg. It;s not so muchjj ciomputre access, its just tjhsat I hace beem down in the dumpsd & dom't wamt 2 brimg any1 W/ me.

Helen, I had some of mu kids earlu
(19) & nezt 1's in my latr 20's, & 2 latre im life. But hjjate 2 burst the bubnle on th epiduiaral correlatoim but I jhad all muy kids natiural. No drufgs, no IV;s, no notjhimg!

Will get back 2 U all wjhen I am feelimg chiopper agaim!

Much Locv 2 All,

No epidural with me either. Nina was 8 weeks early. Popped right out!
Aly, the baby and parents next to Nina in the NICU were from NZ. Very nice couple. They stayed at the Ronald McDonalds house too while our babies were in the hospital. They were here on a college work furlough for the summer and thought they had 2 months to spare. Their baby made an early arrival too! I remember her telling us about NZ and how different the US was to them.
Helen, I would have loved to have 3 but it was iffy for me after Nina.
She was a FDA trial preemie. She was given a trial of "Nitric Oxide" for premature lungs. It was considered a fast track drug. The FDA was trying it out on "larger" preemies. She was 3 pounds. One of the first. It worked and she lived. We called her our little lab rat. I remember the consent was about 50 pages. I signed those papers as fast as I could.
Kimberly, I hope you feel better soon, these ladies have kept me going for the last week. Who would have ever thought strangers could become friends after they hear three letters.
God Bless you all and I mean that from the center of my being.
Susan

Now Kimberly, you need a spank, we are here for you ESPECIALLY when you are down in the dumps! Then we can send our cyber hugs and prayers, you clott:) welcome back .

Welcome to you too Olly, you missed last weeks knickers conversation.

Off to hairdressers, and just maybe if I look pretty I will get a photo. Oh and of my new boots as well Helen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back