Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
I AM LOST...My internet has beendown for days!Sure have missed everyone!

Join, I was wondering what was up. Glad you are back :)

Mart, I have friends that have had enough. They come from the less affected part of town. I am thankful that I live a great distance away. My 18 year old is finding it hard going living there. I have offered our house and holiday home to my stressed friend, but her Hubby is a GP in the worse affected area, and does not feel he can leave his patients. His practice is flooded again :( . They are thinking of moving to Australia, which is nuts, cause they have forest fires killer floods and dangerous critters.

I just had the walk from hell trying to walk my dogs up the hill, why can't the works be flat? Now I am going to try again, because I am soooo mad with my pathetic body! Grrrrrrrrr

Hello all,
Wishing everyone a good weekend from sunny Florida.
Susan

Welcome back Joni Pie! Missed you too girl!

Aly, we have terrible wild fires here too. Not where we live but in the mountain forests. I guess every place has it's dangers. Well, come here anyway. We'd love to have you. We don't have earth quakes, and just a few mountain lions and black bears and occasional rattle snake.

Susan! Have a great Father's Day weekend! Hello from sunny Colorado! The birds are partying like crazy out there. I love it.

And happy Father's Day weekend to all our Tea Party Dudes!

Good morning everyone and happy fathers day to dads in USA.

Feel very moved this morning to say that besides all the fun we have here, I never forget the plight and fight that you all are going through. I know I am the fortunate one here, and you are always with me in my prayers.

I am pleased that GOD has brought you all into my life, he has blessed me more than I would ever have imagined, by giving me such precious friends. Thank you all, for making my life more worthwhile, and full of joy.

Aly

Amen to that Aly!
This post has made life bearable this week for me. I think we're all kindred spirits.
God Bless you all.
Susan

In case anyone happened to miss it, Joel's son Josh posted today under events i.e. ALS walk in Abbotsford. I sure miss Joel.
Laurel

Laurel, I've recently been looking back at old threads found under this section (Other), so many of which were begun by Joel. As my mind seems fuzzy a lot, I spend more time in "Other" where I hope I don't do damage. The forum follies are fun to re-read now--totally zany.

Aly, you've made this a haven; a retreat of sorts where our friendship is kindred and safe. Thank you so much.

where in the heck is Kimberely? i cant read anymore past pages and i cannot find where she went?

She's about, cause she added something on the pls forum, probably just giving her poor fingers a break. It's Dianne I am really worried about.
Aly

Joni, it is an awful feeling isn't it, not being able to connect?! Glad you are back on.
Guess what? Yesterday i found a little cafe close to where I live when I was out on my little red scooter. I can't have gluten, wheat of any kind, but they had chocolate hazzlenut cookies gluten free! I got a decaf latte and felt like God had put this little cafe here to give me joy. I love hazzlenuts and chocolate and cookies...yippeeeeeeeeeeee!
This is especially a joy knowing that I am heading towards a peg soon...I am trying not to focus on the giving up, but just the joy of this day still being able to eat a cookie. When eating passes away, I want to praise God for the joy of food....how many people in the world, besides those who go hungry, understand the gift of eating? So what do like to eat with your tea or latte?

Sequoia, you eat heaps of those yummy cookies. I am allergic to hazelnuts and have been on a diet for 6 months! But.......if I could have anything it would be a piece of carrot cake with heaps of cream cheese icing....drool....

Right now when I go to a cafe I have a long black with cold trim milk on the side. We have amazing coffee here in NZ. I wish I liked warm milk in my coffee, but I find it too sweet :)

I swear I am drooling like my dog Ruby with this talk of sweet stuff :)

my friends own a coffee shop just down the road from me. i always get a Turtle Mocha. Think chocolate and caramel and whipped cream.
What do I like with it?.... I hate to say it- but a cigarette.

Aly, I feel for you, and soon may be drooling with you....you cant taste carrot cake or chocolate chip cookies down a feeding tube. Maybe we should suggest that there be some research on this...transplanting taste buds to ...? lol ha ha ha ha
My doc told me, do not try to diet, but go for the calories....all my life i have been waiting for someone to say this to me....I guess the rational is ALS will eat up the fat first, and leave the muscle for desert?

I tell ya, the only place I am happy is in the present moment...and all day long I bring myself back to it, not to the past which is over, and not to the future...NOW...with my Latte and cookie.

LIZ, who is that with you in your picture? Coofee and a cig...that was my Dad's favorite combo, except I could not believe how much sugar he put in the cup....he went thru the Depression, and there was no sugar...sad thing is Liz, my dad died of enfluezma (sp?) Could not breathe and suffered alot. Oh gosh, that statement is toooo heavy for this thread, sorry! Lighten up Sequoia! Love all of you, you especially Liz!

You're the best Sequoia. I love your statement about living in the present. I'm working on that trick. Kids do it so easily. Must study how kids do that. Do you suppose it's because they don't have much current history? If so, studying them won't work for me.

Liz, stay strong Dear. Maybe change your coffee flavor to break the habit. I mean change it to something completely different.

Aly, you're like my hubby with your sweet tooth! He's a bad infulence on me but as you know, fat grams are our friends. ;)

Good morning everybody! Summer solstice tomorrow!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back