Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Susan, I am so sorry for the 2nd diagnosis. Yup, it does stink for sure. I also will keep you in my heart, thoughts and prayers. Remain grounded in your true self. Don't become this disease.
Lots of love and hugs,
Marta

Roxy and Zoe, my Shih Tzus. You can see a little bit of the Arizona sunset. We have the most beautiful sunsets. This is looking out the front of my house.

I did it! Thanks for the help Ann on posting the picture.

Attachments

• DSC00174.jpg
    DSC00174.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 239
Well done Linda. Took me ages and Anns advice to master the technique, but it's fun once you do.

Your little dogs are lovely, what a great photo.

Roxy and Zoe are adorable. I have a poodle named Zoe next door and a schnauzer named Zoe across the street.

The last few weeks have been stressful. Plus to add to the stress I was laid off yesterday due to budget cuts in our school district.

The doctor believes I'm a good candidate for that phase three Dexawhatever trial.

One thing I do know If this is Gods plan for me, I accept it. I may not like it, but I accept it. I hope with the grace and courage that I have seen in all of you kind ladies.

Now, for something funny. Yesterday I went to the bakery to get a nice apricot bear claw. (My voice is very slurry and nasal at times) The poor clerk though t I was deaf and spoke very slowly so I could lip read her. The irony here is I am a Speech therapist and have a degree in sign language.

Blessings to you all,
Susan
Wow, Susan, I am appalled by your week! But--so very glad you have faith to accept it. It always amazes me when someone (you or Aly) is schooled in an area which then turns and bites them...although why it should be surprising beats me--I realize you're part of the population, and it's a nonsensical disease at this point. So now you'd probably love for everyone to learn how to sign! That would make sense.

On a much lighter note, I move we all just call the trial, "Dexawhatever", which would be easy for everyone! Why didn't they just realize that at the beginning!

Aly, please don't do the knickers pics. You know it will go straight to moderation.

Linda, Roxy and Zoe are adorable! Dogs and cats (OK, and chickens) are great subjects for pics.

Dearest Susan, I'm so sorry to hear that your diagnosis was confirmed... but as Marta said, you are not your diagnosis! You are still the same person you were before you heard those words, and are no different. You are the same person now. Losing your job on top of all this? Wow, maybe it's in the master plan for you to take some time for yourself.

As a side note, I am in the Dexpramipexole trial, so ask me anything you'd like. Not sure if I have the placebo or not, guess time will tell. I will be going into Boston on the 24th for my 2 week followup... How 'bout we just call it the "Dex" trial? I have to keep looking the name up on my prescription container to spell it right!

Hugs and prayers to you.

Dear Susan, it is certainly ironic that you are a speech therapist, with speech issues. It is going to be somewhat frustrating for you, maybe even more so than for others with a speech issue and ALS. When you want to rant and rave, and be heard, be assured, we will listen:)

Now on the ever lighter note.........what the heck is an apricot bear claw. Didn't know you could eat the poor bears claw and do you have to wait till he has a claw full of apricots?

Just read that Avrils mum is nearing the end. Thought maybe some of you may have missed her post.

Aly

Aly, I saw Avril's post, what a devoted and loving daughter she is. God bless them both.

Helen, Thank you and I might take you up on the offer if they choose me. They will call this week for the interview. I had my pity party this afternoon and now I'm into the mommy and wife mode. I have people depending on me. I can't let this rule my being.
Marta, thank you too, I will not let this label define me.
Ann, Thanks and I love chickens. I have several around the house, decorations, not the feathered variety. We live in a deed restricted area!
Aly, Haha! Bear claws are a flaky pastry that are filled with apricot jam or almond paste. They are in a crescent shape with cuts that look like claws. Very yummy.
Linda, thanks for the pics. They were the only thing that made me smile today.
Thank you all again, you all made a sad day better for me. I know I'm not alone.

Susan, glad the pics made you smile today. Those little puppies make me warm all over like sunshine. Now my 6 month old (6 mos today) grandson is the light of my life. Enough love for all three. I am so blessed. I love apple and cinnamon bear claws. Been craving one ever since I read the post. Not sure if I could actually eat one but I sure would like to give it a try. People always mistake me for being deaf also. I thought about learning sign language so I could teach my grandson and be able to communicate with him. Breaks my heart he will never know my "true voice". Very sad for Avril and her mom. It breaks my heart.

Sadiemay, just put up an interesting article about BMI 's and it's effect on progression. Go take a peak. You can have lots of bear claws without feeling bad. :) got to look on the bright side.

It's so nice to have you both here Sue and Linda. We have another Sue, who is pretty busy at the moment. She is on the Dex trial as well, I think.

Good Morning Ladies,
Linda, That's a great idea for your grandson. If you start now he will acquire each sign and hearing word at the same time. Six months is the perfect age to start. If you have a library near you I'm sure they have sign language books for babies.
My daughter (11) is hoping for a day at the mall :) Schools out in Fl and she is bored already.
Have a good Friday everyone.

Well, it certainly weirded me out...and I do love cats. To get the ball rolling again, how is everyone doing on this Friday? Susan, hope today is going better. If we can be helpful in tossing out ideas, just ask.

I pray Avril is doing okay. She's really been on my heart and in my prayers.

Helen, you'll have a whole set of "Dexies" within the Tea group! We'll enjoy your stories and hope you get to meet one another.

Dad is due in about 45 minutes, and then the action begins--for Phil, the only able-bodied person. At least he no longer cooks when Dad comes--it's take out time.

I am loving air conditioning. Humid outside!

Mr. PZ, I knew you were up to something....:-o

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back