Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome Nickkuhn, I am new here also. We can learn the ropes together. Everyone is very kind and the humor is a real plus.
Diane sorry typing is hard right now.
Ann, glad your aide is working out well for you. I can't even imagine what that is like. I will glean from your experience.
Laurel, my two shih tsu puppies Roxy and Zoe are like my children. I hope Tinker gets relief very soon.

Hi all! Welcome Nickhun, I'm new too!
I have two Malteses, Taylor age14 and Felicity age 5. Both are rescues and both are blind. Felicity was born blind with a liver shunt and is developmentally slow. Taylor has cataracts from old age. I can feel for Tinkers mom! They are just like our kids. When they are ill we feel ill along with them.
We ended up buying a travel trailer to take them with us . When we have to travel without them we found a petsitter that sleeps over. She is a Godsend.
On the subject of tea, has anyone seen "tea Flowers"? You place the dried tea blossoms in a glass teapot add boiling water and the flower opens up and looks so pretty.

Ok all you new doggy people. A while back when we started this thread, we put up photos of our pooches, cats and Anns hens. If you can manage, how about we see the new additions, tinker, Taylor,felicity, roxy, and Zoe. Oh what fun :)

We could put photos up of our knickers, but as Ann doesn't wear any, we had better not leave her feeling left out :)

Well, my booger-butt eats knickers! He's still a pup, 7 months old. He's a monster, but learning very quickly! He's so sweet! He weighs about 70lbs now!

Attachments

• Beo.jpeg
    Beo.jpeg
    5.2 KB · Views: 99
CJ , is he for real? Grandma, what a big snout you have. What a gorgeous dog. Looks like some sort of terrier!

He's an Airedale, King of Terriers, really (king)! They are the greatest! My husband wanted him and what could I say? We had a female before...this guy is a hoot! Airedales are so funny! (Our female ate our whole living room furniture while we were gone one Thanksgiving! Literally!) My husband is so happy to have him and so am I!

How do you post a picture? I see the tab to insert the image but not sure how to find the URL for the picture. Not usually computer illiterate but for some reason this forum is difficult for me.

Linda, I took this explanation off of an early-ish page in this thread. Hope it makes sense. Can't do this with "post quick reply"; must be "Go Advanced".

what helped me was using "Go Advanced", then underneath where it says "Attach files", click onto "Manage Attachments". Click on Browse in that window, and your picture has to be small enough to work. Something sized for emailing works. Then, after your picture is selected, be sure and click on "upload". Preview your reply before sending. And Have two windows for the forum open. One with the instructions up, one to actually do the posting on.

Hi ladies,
I know this is supposed to be a fun thread so please forgive me for this. I'm not posting this on the regular forum. I went to the ALS center in Tampa this AM and they confirmed the 1st diagnosis.
I'm numb to say the least. This thread and my husband are the only people who know.

Susan , I am sooo sorry. Wish I could give you a hug and a cup of tea. :(

Susan, I am sorry you have this. Know we all want to offer support and friendship. As you see here, there will be laughter again. (Zany, likely!)

Warm hugs,
Ann xoxo

Thanks Ann that's why I posted here. I felt more comfortable telling all of you.

The last few weeks have been stressful. Plus to add to the stress I was laid off yesterday due to budget cuts in our school district.

The doctor believes I'm a good candidate for that phase three Dexawhatever trial. He threw so much info out I didn't get the whole name.I go in a few weeks to see if I "fit". I promise this will be the last "medical" post here.

One thing I do know If this is Gods plan for me, I accept it. I may not like it, but I accept it. I hope with the grace and courage that I have seen in all of you kind ladies.

Now, for something funny. Yesterday I went to the bakery to get a nice apricot bear claw. (My voice is very slurry and nasal at times) The poor clerk though t I was deaf and spoke very slowly so I could lip read her. The irony here is I am a Speech therapist and have a degree in sign language.

Blessings to you all,
Susan

Susan, I am so sorry for the confirmed diagnosis. It is a difficult thing to take in. You are in my thoughts and prayers today.
Blessings,
Linda

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back