Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
you forgot the new option, "boxer briefs", which one of my sons wears... what do they call regular briefs for men if they're not white?

Personally, I like the "modern briefs" if you can find them – which cover a bit more than "high cut" but not as much as regular briefs (you know, the huge grandma ones!) They look huge even if you're not! Of course with my walking issues, I find that anything control top helps me maintain balance a bit better... keeps it sucked in more! TMI..................................................

what do they call regular briefs for men if they're not white?
Of course with my walking issues, I find that anything control top helps me maintain balance a bit better... keeps it sucked in more! TMI..................................................

Helen, those briefs are called "colored".... ;-)

I don't think I ever tried to control balance that way... but you might consider adding control top in the TIPS section!

This thread is so much fun...Wherever you are, Aly, thank you for starting it!

Oh My Go9dness,

I cone on aftre beimg gome & werr talkimg anbuot undies. Someone mentiom\de knickrs, I belice they were oworm B4 thr "pedal pushjers" fom thr 50's, clamn diggres ofn the 60's, and them the capri's of 2dau! My kids actuakl;y woreb the capris b4 they came out. I used 2 sew my kids clothed as well as 4 W M. I made thjem beautifyk white dreesse with capris & aa matchimg hat. Tju were so cuite.

I posted na post that wemt 2 modreation seral days ago & it necer did show up so I will retupe tjjat latre.

Avril, I hope M8um is doing bttre! & U can cry on mu shouldre any X U need. I jhace been hacing thoes days simce my clinic visit last week. Thje fromt of my shirt may be wet but mu shouldre has been rewsreved 4 U.

Aly, glad UR nappt wemt well. I wisj I cuold sau the same 4 mine. & sorru abuot Christchurhc, it must B horrinle 4 thoes affectde bu that earthquake. Wjhen thjese things happm, we shuold alwaus put nourseleves i their plave & thimk of wjat thjey R goimg throuhg. Matt & grayson collected toothpast & toothburshes 4 thje kids in Haiti. Eferuybodu wsa collecting clothes, shoes & food & we sat tjere watchimg it & saw how beautifu; their teeth werr so tjat is Y we collected tjhem. I semt tjem 2 tje local red cross, so I oope they got them.

Liz, no tje pic is cite, but U had mentiomede about the lady who slept W/ the blowdruer & thouhgt U werr teasimg us by showimg up W/ the hjat on tjhat th ladu wsa U & U had burned UR hjaair! Hope tje back is feelimg bettre. & U should knoe I wouldm't su anuthing mean 2 U!

Helem, soprru abuot thje house; but I thimk U shuold tale Alu
s advice & not look 4 anothre house, becaise it gets depressimg when U mau fimd tje rihgt 1 & lose it BC U hacen't sold UR's! & Di9d "hubbu" efer get tje pool readu? I' m ready 2 swim.

Ann, glad UR feelimg chipper 2day. & estremelu happy hospice has workend out the kinks.

Marta, thank GOD 4 leftocers! Tjhey R the best! Now rest up 4 tjh nest visit.

Alrihgt who hjad Tinker & is she amy bettre?

Amd 2 all thje othres & 2 thoes listed aboce Thano GOD 4 anothre dau & I oloce eacj & everyom of U,

Got t keep the interesting. Conversations going Kimberly. There is just sooooomany interesting facts that we need to learn.

Talking of control top briefs, if you wear them too tight, well the fat gotta go somewhere, so it pours upwards, expanding the top roll of fat, and pushesvit out the leg holes and you look like a turtle. Brings a whole new meaning to muffin top! Now how do I know, well, stay tuned if you want to know,,,,,,,, I put my new black dress on and the rolls stared me in the face. It was another " what was I thinking" moment. I have all sorts of disguising fat undergarments, but never wear them because of the rolling pin effect! Tried on some ultra tight Nancy ganz undies that were designed to eliminate the fat rolling upwards issue. It still spilled out of the 1 cm gap between the knickers and my bra. Not a good look at all. Not sure I can wear my new dress till I have shed the remaining 15 lbs.

Just had breakfast. Ate my yummy fresh bread. This being a domestic goddess thing is fun. Kneading the bread is good excersise. Wish I looked like Nigella Lawson. Now she has a butt.

Aly

I had to look up Nigella Lawson...not only does she have a butt...what about that bosom? She reminds me of a brunette Marilyn Monroe!

Still talking about panties? Aly, I am right there with you on the control top panties pushing everything up, out, and sideways. Ha, turtle made me laugh. You said it so eloquently. What a site we are trying to get rid of rolls and bumps. Who were those things made for anyway? I think a man made them for his extra skinny wife and thought he would make a killing selling them to us skinny wanna bes laughing all the way to the bank. I just added an extra lump of sugar to my orange spice tea, phooey on control top. I am what I am. Cotton hi leg panties for me. All about comfort. Sun is shining here in Arizona. Temp right now 104 F. A family of quail just went by out front. Papa, mama and four little ones. Love that. Hope everyone is having a good day.
Linda

Linda, they made us plump women so that our men would suffer less bruises, you know, a bit of cushioning. Since I lost my butt, it gets sore when I sit for too long. Feel sorry for those angular skinny people, they must have pain 24/7.

Oh and to all my skinny friends, us plump people talk like this all the time, it keeps us making good excuses to enjoy our food :).

Arizona sounds warm and toasty......have no idea if 103 f is warm........get with the metric you lot!

Now today I was going to wash my car and do the ironing ( which Hubby had to do before he went out cause he had no shirts, whoops). But I didn't go shopping yesterday and am shaking with withdrawal symptoms. There's a nice little blue cardy on sale, that I could wear with my LBD. Might cover the bumps. Hmmm one problem, I don't go out anywhere to own a LBD. Who cares I can march around the bedroom dreaming. :)

Brooksea, Nigella has an old fashioned, Hollywood look for sure. I read an article about her and her husband never ever eats her cooking. Mad chap. She went swimming in Australia with a burka on, to save her translucent skin. Maybe we all should do that. Wouldnt need knickers.........now about knickers............lol

I don't know if she has remarried, but her former husband died--of cancer, if I remember correctly. She'd been a journalist and did the foodie stuff until he became ill, then she eventually did the cooking show in her real home. See, I'm really terrible with names, but remember tragedies well, LOL. I have a couple of her cookbooks--watching her eat and talk about her food drives me crazy--I want a taste. I never introduced Phil to her! He and I watched Julia Child together.

Now, Aly if I only dreamed what I wrote above, send me a kick. You'll fit into that dress in no time. You are doing great.

104 degrees F is about 38C. We had a 104 F day last week, and even with closed doors, my window unit couldn't compete with laptop and outdoor heat.

No knicker discussion here. I wonder what my "domestic god" will make for our dinner.

Oh--hospice report--the aides came in, joking around, so I let it slip that the new hiree knows her slings and hoyers--all went smoothly, and I was back in bed in half of the normal time...so I guess now we have a new and better normal!

Kimberly,
Tinker is my wee dog. She is much better--knocking on wood. Had to change vets and went through a zillion tests. Conclusion of new vet is that she has severe arthritis in the spine and had an old pelvis fracture causing so much pain that she stopped eating and drinking. We adopted her two years ago from a kill shelter in California. With Metacam she is back to her old self. I am distracted these days as we move from the farm to the townhouse two weeks from today, but I am reading the forum and saying prayers and sending good wishes to all as needed--even if I don't check in much these days. Lots of love to all of you. And for Helen --Go Canucks! LOL. The Stanley Cup is going home with us tonight --or maybe Boston.
Laurel

Ann tremendous news about the clever aide. Prayers answered.

Laurel, glad your little dog is better on meds, doesn't sound like the poor little thing has had an easy life, what a blessing tinker has found love at last. Best wishes for the move.

Aly

Laurel, I am so glad Tinker's problems have been figured out. She's blessed to be your own little doggins, and has gone through way too much before you got her. I wish you very well as you come closer to moving day, and hope everything goes well. You can always come for tea to get a laugh. :)

Aly, yes indeed. I am very grateful.

Im new in here , Hope to enjoy this forum

Hi nickhun, you will enjoy this little thread as long as you have love and a great sense of humour. We talk about weird things and knickers keep us occupied for hours. Come here and chat, get support and lots of hugs. It's a place to hide from the medical issues and help our heads remain deeply in the sand. A place of joy, blah blah, now I am just sounding ridiculous.......nothing new there.

Big big hello.......now that's a bit better lol
Aly

reading and thinking of you b ut not typing too well thisd week.

I've missed you, Diane! I hope you will bounce back soon... Meanwhile, I'm wishing you blue skies and a gentle breeze...and a good book in your Kindle.

nickkhun, welcome to Aly's tea party. Certainly more hanging out than educational unless dog poop interests you...or knickers! The problem is, this is so much fun.

Ann

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back