06/2011
Country
US
State
in the
City
somewhere
It is true, life does go on.

Picture this: April 29, 1991. A large paneled truck pulls into the driveway of an dark, empty house. By May 1, the house is filled with the laughter from 2 small children. One is 1 1/2 the other 2 1/2. May turns into June and soon the neighborhood is filled with the laughter of children. This time the children are headed to school for a different reason. The children's parents stay while the children partake of a free lunch program. After the meal, they head to the playground. That is where the little boy sees her. They play all summer long, but only at the school. They were never to cross the road to each other's homes.

Two yrs pass and the big truck shows up again at that once empty house. The house becomes quiet, never to have children's laughter be heard in it. The little boy and little girl are separated.

The year is 2005. Location: State Band Competition. He is there. He looks through the sea of uniforms and sees a red-headed girl. Could this be? Could it really be the girl he remembered so many years before? He quickly approaches her and introduces himself. They exchange numbers and the romance begins. This little boy who was 5 at the time had never forgotten that 3 year old little red-headed girl! Whether it be the red hair, one will never know.

May 21, 2011; this little boy is now a grown man watching the love of his life come to him, this time down the aisle of the church. And as I kiss my daughter's cheek, I realize I am not losing my daughter but gaining a wonderful son. Welcome to my family!

As I am saddened that my little girl has grown, I too am blessed knowing they have a wonderful relationship.

Last edited:
PS: Thank you to Grayson, my 11 yr old for the typing!

Great story! The best love stories are the ones that are true and lasting! May theirs last and last!

Thanks, I cride thje whjole tine I wsa tellimg it to Grauyson.

How sweet. Reminded me of Charlie Brown and the red-haired girl, and the Notebook.. How amazing, congrats for all. Great job Grayson..

Kim,
Very good story,I know May 21st was a big day for you!

How precious Kim!

Oh heck Kimberley, you've gone and made me cry. My turn in December, and my new soon to be son is wonderful too:)
Aly

Kimberly, what a dear, dear story. And Grayson, thank you for your typing! I'm so happy for you all.

What a wonderful story! And thank goodness for the music that brought them back together!

Kimberly, what a great story:) thanks for sharing

I could so turn this into a book (my daughter and I call them plot bunnies) .........

What a lovely story!

Thanks 2 ecery1 4 UR 1dreful commemts. I shoiwed Grauysom UR commentd & shje beamde with pride. I guiess shje 4gices me 4 paimtimg thje fromt door fuschia!

Aluy, I will B prauing 4 U!

Kimberly,
That was such a beautiful story! Thanks for sharing it and thanks to Grayson for typing it. As others have mentioned it would make a wonderful book or movie to share with all!

That was a very sweet story, I have watching serendipity just a few hours ago and here I read this beautiful love story and I am deeply touched. Destiny do have a plan of it's own. Congratulations!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back