Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
And here we all thought that you were going "commando" on us! :)

I actually don't call them knickers, but capris... don't know why the name difference, maybe its all in the marketing!

Do we all wear ladies underwear folks? How 'bout the men? :)

Laurel, we're rooting for the opposite teams! Go Bruins! I heard your substitute goalie is from Boston College too...

Going commando, new there was some fancy name :) . Linda, we are a mad crowd here, especially me. Ann I did suddenly consider that if you are in bed, then having none would be easier.

I think maybe I will stay at home and just be thankful. It's a bit lonely as my friends all work. I do have a contract with the dermatology practice next year, so I will wait, and I do have the Biogen job with ms patients, but only been called once so far this year! Not a good income. Talked to Hubby, and he said stay at home, so there that's it. I will put the issue to bed and become a Hollywood wife, having facials and manicures and plastic surgery of course :). I will try and do more for the MND society as well. We have been without any community help sincecthe field officer went back to Scotland 6 months ago, which is terrible. When the new one starts next month, I will see if I can help and maybe do some home visits.

Helen, sorry about no bites on the house. It's a bad time with the weak USA dollar. Maybe people are just no willing to invest in a house at the moment? Looking at other houses gets very frustrating, maybe you should wait till yours sells?

Going to make my own bread today, I shall be a domestic godess.......that will keep me out of trouble :)

Aly

knickers [ˈnɪkəz]
pl n
1. (Clothing & Fashion) an undergarment for women covering the lower trunk and sometimes the thighs and having separate legs or leg-holes
2. (Clothing & Fashion) a US variant of knickerbockers
get one's knickers in a twist Slang to become agitated, flustered, or upset

British--underwear
Boys pants, ending in a band just under the knee.

I have to say"hurray" for a day we're so laid back, there's time for the dictionary!

Oh, good to hear more from you, Domestic Goddess. Actually, I wear diapers, and have since 11/09. Before that, I was able to leave the powerchair in front of the toilet, yank up my skirt and slip, turn around and sit. Seriously, if you're having loss of your legs, owning mid-length skirts, without a lot of twisting fabric yet not tight--is very useful--keep those skirts around. The day comes when you cannot pick the slacks up off the floor, and pull them back on... and we want to do this in privacy as long as possible. For men? kilts.

Out of bed I cover with a lap robe and wear a cape over my Tee.

Dear Ann.......love the images.......your honesty is refreshing :)

Now here is a question. Why does USA write their dates backwards? The rest of the world puts the month then the year? Makes it terribly difficult when working on an American based clinical trial. We get heaps of data corrections for getting the date wrong. Always wondered.

Glad knickers have 2 leg holes, but what do amputees wear? Hmmmmmm

Better get dressed and put some knickers on !

Aly, most of us are clueless not only about why the dates, but also why the temps in F instead of C, and why we didn't go metric when we were told we were! We're clueless about lots of things... but the ones mentioned are likely the way they are because we resist change.

Hello Everyone!
Back from Orlando. Boy was it hot even for me. Hit 99 at the waterpark yesterday. I let the girls go on whatever slides and such and stuck my Italian rump in a comfy tube and went around the lazy river! The girls had a wonderful time and when the kids are happy, Mama's happy! We stayed at Animal Kingdom Lodge and had zebra's, griaffes, gazelles, ostriches and warthogs right outside our patio.
Thursday I have my second opinion at the AlS/Neuron Center at USF. Haven't been sleeping much but I leave it in Gods hands and I know He'll take care of me whatever the outcome.
About the knickers, my dad who is 86 was telling my daughter last month how he wore knickers when he was a kid. She thought that was the funniest thing. I have to dig out his Communion picture, he has them on with knee socks.
Blessings to you all,
Susan

Ann -How funny that you posted the knickers definition. I was going to do that but was afraid how everyone would take it.

Good to know you are such a laid back group.

Linda and Susan, I think my father has told me he also wore them as a boy. But...most of what's in my paltry brain is from books, and who knows how accurate they are! I believe the knickers were always worn with knee socks (my grandmother called "stockings") for the boys.

Linda, about the dictionary, it's wonderful to just type in a word, then up pops either the correct spelling or we can click and read definitions. So easy!

Aly, I'm going crazy trying to think of the domestic goddess...Nigella? I loved her program. Now that woman knew how to appreciate food...and books. She had books lining most of her walls on shelves.

That would be Nigella Lawson Ann...and she has plenty of her own cook books out there. My dad used to love watching her program. My mum thought it more likely he liked watching her rather than the food! Love the definition about the knickers Ann. Women's underwear is called that over here too, or pants, which I know for you guys are what you wear over the underwear. As for the dates, I'm always trying to work that out on this very site when I see a date.

Linda, lovely to have you on board. Susan, holiday sounds great. Liz, love ya. All you sports fiends Hi there - sorry not my thing really, if an Irishwoman is even allowed say that. My memory power isn't terrific these days so I can't remember who supports whom.

Thanks all for your care yesterday. I live to fight another day. There are tears around, but my head is above water for the moment. The doctor came today to see mum and will come again on Thursday. We are not sure if what we are seeing is further infection or as the hospice nurse puts it 'the start of the dying process'. Time will tell. Each day feels like at least two these days. Mum's sister arrives from the US on saturday for a 10 day stay. It would be just like my mum to arrange things so she didn't need to travel again.

Read today that Dublin was accepted for the Dexp.. trial. One of our sports broadcasters Colm Murray who was diagnosed in March last year is on the trial and wrote about it in todays national newspaper along with a little article from Prof Orla Hardiman. He started on the trial today. Wonder if he has the real deal or the placebo?

Well that's it, all my chat for now - off to check on my precious mum.

Laurel, we're rooting for the opposite teams! Go Bruins! I heard your substitute goalie is from Boston College too...

Helen our substitute is Cory Schneider whose whole family is in the Boston area. He is very cute with reddish hair and a big smile. Our regular guy is a brooding Italian named Roberto Luongo from Quebec who is paid ten million a year! From our end, it was a stinky game. Should be wildly exciting tomorrow night. The Canucks have bombed badly in Boston, and the Bruins have bombed badly in Vancouver--other than Tim Thomas being like a rock. Go Canucks!

Howdy everyone! How are things in your world today? I've been kind of schlumpy today. That's a made up word for a little down in mood. I'm home from work and it's really quiet. Sis and her hubby have gone back home. I always get a little sad when someone leaves. We had such a good time.
It's good to see you all, Avril, Ann, Linda, Laura, Aly, Susan, Helen, Kimberly, Liz, Peter...can't remember who all is on page 133 but hey there! I see you down there Harley09! HI!
I hope you all have a great evening! We have leftovers for days. ;) No cooking for the rest of the week! My sis is the best.
Love to you all,
Marta

Hi all,

Knickers here are what women wear as a first layer. Also called briefs.

Men wear jocks or boxers.

I am a jock man myself, got to keep all the "parts" in their place :lol:

Cheers
Peter

That was waaaay too much info. My Hubby likes it to hang loose, ha that was too much info as well. Mow look what you have started Peter!

I personally bear Bridgit Jones knickers. :) not sexy, but comfy, boy I am showing my age

I call the briefs "tighty Whiteys" Have a great Wednesday all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back