Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe Liz has it right. The groundhog with the bazooka is from Caddy Shack.

Helen, I am nervous because my Hubby thinks I have new atrophy in my calf muscles. My legs have lost so much weight, that I am hoping it's just floppy skin, but I must admit they look really weird. It's symmetrical, so that's a relief. He said last night he might be wrong, so I said , for goodness sake make up your mind....you are a neurologist, you should know atrophy if you saw it! He said, looks like atrophy to me :( . It's an emotional roller coaster. I then had a dream last night that I was in a wheelchair. Don't believe in dreams, but it must have been .....blah blah you really don't need to hear all this dribble. I just want to throw up. Havnt seen a dr in a year, may be that's why...argggh

I am off for a swim. Hubby said I look too well and should exhaust myself so the neuro sees me at my worse. He says I am too bright and perky when I see Drs. This makes no sense.

Have a glass of wine for me, you will need it after reading that rubbish. I need Trfogey to help me talk sense. Allen help !
Just joking :) lol oh gosh now I sound really crazy. Of to swimming before I am committed.

Aly

Aly, love you. Your hubby must want the doctor to see what your hubby sees. I arranged for hospice to come at my strongest, which gave them a false idea of my reality. Later, after a few sessions of acting like I had guests, it hit me what a hashed up job I'd made. Now the RN has seen me in bad shape, and can be more helpful. What would be really nice is if the doc just moved in with you for a week, and saw the real Aly. Joking....not nice at all for you!

Helen, very funny story! Your 13 brothers...and Tom's the smallest. Guess your boyfriends were respectful!

Aly honey- i sure missed you. im sorry you are anxious about the dr appt. wish i could be there with you.
no matter what is going on, you will find a way to make it ok... and as always- we are here for you, cheering you on.

Ann- I love you too

I don't know which is worse: the husband who is knowledgeable and notices all this crap we're going through, or the one who's oblivious to us most of the time... one notices too much and perhaps tries to "help" too much, and the other, too little. Aly, you've just lost a bunch of weight, that may be also the reason your legs look different... and I'm praying that I'm on the right track. Do you take creatine at all? I'm sure you know way more than I about supplements and all.

No matter what the docs say, you're still the same awesome person after your appt than before!

Helen, thanks for the giggle. I am now at home and my dr was a sweetie as usual. He did acknowledge that the spasticity and clonus has spread to my good leg, which is probably causing the difficulties. Reading between the lines he thinks the weightless may be the cause of the big "holes in my calves" he is going to do an EMG in 6 months, so no needles tonight. Yay.

Hubby and dr spoke way above my head about having some groovy new genetic tests for hereditary motor neuropathies. The idea is to now try and disprove the pls theory, and replace it with a diagnosis with a better outcome. Well that's the idea I got from all the blabber. Lol

So I now can settle down for the next 6 months and stop being such a drama queen. Thanks for listening :)

Nighty nighty night
Aly

Aly, hope your appointment goes off well today and that you feel ok when you get home. Always takes me a few days to get over them and I'm not even the pals!

You're in my heart all of you, right now especially you Aly. We'll deal with things as then come along and try not to fret about tomorrow, okay? I'm glad your "other" Dr. is a sweetie and I'm glad your hubby loves you so much.

I love you so much too,

Marta

P.S. My niece that was with us all last week and my nephew her husband finally broke the news after his Mom and step-Dad got there that we're pregnant! She's just in to her 2nd Trimester. Yay! A baby! Arrival is in early December. :D

Good morning all. Hope today is bright and beautiful for all. We are finally feeling summer here and I am loving it. Played softball last night and it was perfect. Everyone is still in bed this morning, so I am enjoying my coffee alone in the peace and quiet.

I have to admit, as I only feel I can here, that I feel very overwhelmed and sad this morning. Despite the beautiful weather. I am hoping I can shake it soon. Brian has his next doctor's appointment on Wednesday, and I think I am just anxious about the whole thing.

Ok, off to grab a bite to eat and get started on chores.
Love to all!
Have a wonderful day!
Meg

Aly sorry to hear about more tremors and after shocks in Christchurch. Sounds very scary. Thinking of you.
Laurel

Heavens ..all that info re tea is great reading...I am just goingto need to make yself a pot f tea right now...none of the old 'jiggling' a tea bag in a cup after that pleasant read....a pot sounds much more tempting.....thank you....

Cheers every one ,Anastasia.

Well good aftrenoon Ladise,

Anastasia, Let me B tje 1st 2 welcone U! I'm sorru it jhad 2 B herr; buit I'm glad UR here.

Aly, I'm glad UR ack & all wemt fairlu well.

Oops, gotta rum, well U knoe whjat I mean!

Loce 2 All,

Kinberly

Laurel, thanks for noting the Christchurch tremors, I'm afraid I learn about most of the world's disasters here. Aly, my prayers are with you, your family and friends, and especially with Olivia.

Meg, it is stressful to go to the appointments, to say the least. Aly, I hope your holey legs are from weight loss. Yea to not being needled for another 6 months.

Anastasia, welcome! In "the land downunder", hot tea in a pot sounds very good.

Hope everyone has a good day...and a safe one.

Ann

Thanks ladies. Poor old Christchurch. I was amazed at the devastation last week, now the liquafaction has bubbled back up. Olivia was evacuated from her hall and uni was closed again. She fled to her boyfriends on foot and is fine. One of my friends just got a letter last week saying they could start using the toilets again, but to keep the the portaloo. She will be so disappointed, as I believe many repaired sewervlines broke again. I can't believe I missed it again. I always seem to come home just in time.

I am in bed with another headache. Woke up with a boomer. I think the swimming caused this one. With a plate down my neck, I think I am over flexing the joints where the plate ends. I might. Stay here all day, warm and snuggly.

Hope y'all have nice days and copious cups of tea.
Love Aly oh and marta congrats on a new baby in the family. :)

Was it W M stoer or thje P C I wrote abuot? Or maube abuot thje Climic? Oh, well maube it will show up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back